1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Obsidian Spire | Stacker Mod: NEW PICS of Improvements!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Sub-Zero, 4 Apr 2005.

1. Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero What's a Dremel?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
    ....my precious :hehe: :hehe:

2. Sub-Zero

hi,

i´ve mounted the silentio midi radiator for testing. (only 2 led´s, 2 more to go)
    I ordered Carbon for the bottom, but i will not be here before Monday.
    [​IMG]

More next week

ohh, my aluminium tubes are going to be chromium plated this weekend(99%),but I don´t know when it will be finished.

Sub-Zero

Last edited: 27 Sep 2005
  3. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

looking good! :thumb:

that radiator sure is an eye-catcher...perhaps not to good performance-wise, but stylish as hell!

4. Sub-Zero

hi again,

earlier than expected my carbon arrived today.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this way it will be mouted....maybe next week(tomorrow I will go to the IAA in Frakfurt)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then I thought about how i could do better wiring(psu wiring) and I will try to use this connectors for the power cables.... lets try...(many ideas, no time)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    hehe, a few more.
    [​IMG]
    hope you like it.

Last edited: 27 Sep 2005
  5. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

so whens it magically going to fill up? lol

you said it was going to look alot fuller... still doesnt, i'd say you dont know how to use space tbh, no offence, if i had a case that big i would fo' sure NEVER need to have the top thing... only time would be with a prommy... lol thats about it! otherwise... good mod

6. Sub-Zero

:eyebrow:
    why you don´t tell it to ferry, for example, same space like my tower(even bigger), only difference: his psu is on the bottom!!!
    I think it´s looking fuller than before and it is! AND: it´s still not finished!!!! :cooldude:
    Plans for future: new hardware(bigger board), Aquacomputer: CPU, Nortbridge, aquadrive dual, ramplex.
    ANNNDDDD: everbody has an own style of modding! If you don´t like it, well...

7. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

bandwidth exceeded!

8. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I still like this one very much! no ugly wirings hanging all over... Carbon is cool, but how much did it cost? And is it hard to work with? I really appreciate modders who have enought motivation to file everything into right sized.... I don't have nerves to do the same, I get nervous if something won't fit and look cool at first sight.

[OFFTOPIC]
    Why should everybody have tiny cases totally stuffed up? I've had my opinion of frodo already before this thread, but I think that was quite stupid thing to say even from him..

For example my case is way larger than Stacker and I don't even have watercooling in it. I just don't like to but stuff into tiny box...

And oh I think I now have to add "no offense" and "lol" in the end of this post..

9. Sub-Zero

:thumb: Thx, there is nothing to add more!
    Sorry for the bandwith exceeded, i will try to fix it...tomorrow... just came from the IAA in frankfurt...

10. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

i never said that everybody should have cases totally stuffed up, what i mean is, that the space isnt being used at all, which actually means that there is loads of open area's, which imo doesnt look that good, im not trying to be offensive, your mod is awesome and all, just the empty spaces look... empty, it was a hint that there should be some accents there or something, say some acrlic and carbon lit up.

"I've had my opinion of frodo already before this thread" whats that spose to mean?

i didnt mean it as an offence, and if it was taken as one sorry, i meant it as in, the empty spaces dont look right to me, and would look awesome if they had some lighting accents or what not in them.

11. Sub-Zero

I will not put any stuff more in the under area of the case. It would look ugly.
    it´s more then full enough! lighting accents?? you hadn´t seen the pics???!!
    Only the blue lighted radiator is accent enough! accents there or something?
    Only at the under part of the case: blue lighted radiator, 2 80 mm fans blue lighted, complete carbon bottom, at the right bottom side a long alumium plate with blue lighted borders with wiring of carbon and the two pieces of carbon which are lighted white for contrast! This all is placed in are of 10 cm height and about 30-35cm length" I don´t know what you want more!then the upper area with mainboard, g-card... fans, hdd, drives.... it would look cramped and it would interfere the sight!
    Judge after my mod is finished!

12. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Sub-Zero: Don't take pointless critique too seriously, just keep up good work!

IMO there are atleast enought lights... Add some more and you'll get blind :D

13. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

Sorry, i didnt look at a full view new pic, i only saw the highlighted area's

when the pic's come back up i'll have a look again. all i can remember is the emptyness that it was before

14. Sub-Zero

hi,

i have a problem with the bandwith as you can see. I don´t want to pay 25 $ to neutrolise the bandwith, because I have a ftp server with 10 gig traffic per month. I uploaded the pics to the ftp, but i don´t know how i can link the pics to the threads! Somebody an idea?

15. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Get all your pictures uploaded to something like Photobucket :)

16. Sub-Zero

they are on photobucket, and that´s why the bandwidth exceeded! I want them on my ftp, because photobucket has only 1,5 gig traffic a month, my ftp 10 gig!

17. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

if you do find out how to put them on FTP let me know! as i tried for a long time, as ive got "unlimited bandwidth" ftp (aka about 800gb lol) but i could never link them, im not to sure if it will work for ftp, but as i say, if you find out, let me know

18. Sub-Zero

fixed pics on page 7. all other pics will be available Saturday.

19. Sub-Zero

hi,

2 pics of carbon bottom, not perfect, but not finished yet...testing... tomorrow more

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sub-Zero

Last edited: 11 Oct 2005
  20. Sub-Zero

some more pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here you can see thousands of small bubbles in the radiator. But after 2 days all disappeared.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was something very frustrating. 2 days of work for the mesh!(I made 4 of them) First i made one and tested it. Everything was ok and looked great.
    Then i finished the other 3 and attached them all. At once no cable worked.
    mhhhh what happend???
    The cross-section of the conductors was to small and burned! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :waah:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sub-Zero