1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Goovies: Why games'n'movies don't mix

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 28 Nov 2006.

1. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Jason Statham

2. wak

wak What's a Dremel?

Thats the one :thumb:

3. IccleD

IccleD What's a Dremel?

Sorry, he's already doing In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale (2007). Unfortunatly, it's being directed by Uwe Boll, which means, either
    A) It'll ruin his career,
    B) He'll never be asked to make another VideoGameMovie ever again.
    C) Hell will freeze, the film will be great, and he'll be stuck with sequels.

4. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

So i appear to be the only person in the world that actually liked street fighter: the movie ? ;)

When he engages the "stealth" and his boat disappears... Classic van damme :)

5. aye

aye What's a Dremel?

My dream goovie? Anything originating from Games Workshop. A film based on DoW would be badass. And the good thing is, Games Workshop have decades of role playing and story-telling experience, so formulating a script with a respected CGI company could create a masterpiece.

Sci-fi, spaceships, huge galaxies, unique worlds, epic battles, power-suits, Laz-cannons, exo-skeletons, explosions, ridiculously huge walking machinary, orcs, chaos....

It's all there. They have a 'Black Library' full of authors published and unpublished works. I'm sure with the millions of lines of text they could manage to squeeze out a half decent story.

6. Alainn.nl

Alainn.nl What's a Dremel?

I saw Dune mentioned as a new project but the older versions definately need a mention. Although the first version (RPG) followed the film quite closely and was a bit repetitive, the second (RTS) basically defined the whole genre.

I was thinking up a whole theory about this but then I remembered Blade Runner and X-Files and everything went to hell.

7. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Omg! thread revival :lol:

anyway, American McGee's Alice would make an awesome movie if they ever get around to actually making it!

8. SighMoan

SighMoan What's a Dremel?

Tags: Add Tags