News Zalman makes watercooled case, LQ1000

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 11 Jun 2007.

1. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

/drool

this seems better then the heat pipe case due to the fact that motherboard spacing and component placement are not going to make much of a difference
    Unlike their other range of cases which is only compatible with a very select number of motherboards and graphics cards

2. ./^\.Ace./^\.

./^\.Ace./^\. What's a Dremel?

Well I need 4 for :D
    • My DVD drive
    • My CD-RW drive
    • My fan controler
    • My audio, card reader and extra USB ports
    But I also want to put a 1 bay sized LCD for system info :thumb:
    So that equals 5x 5.25" drive bays :D
    Also I like windows, I am not alone in thinking that they look cool in some PC's :D

3. identikit

identikit Minimodder

Is it me or is the PSUs power connector fubar'd?! Nice design idea, could have carried it out a bit better with regards to the front panel.

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

very very sexy, but i bet it wont go far, as proven by the last design of passive cooling cases..... to expensive.....

5. David_Fitzy

David_Fitzy I modded a keyboard once....

I don't like the look of the way the water pipe goes from the GPU to the case door, looks like a lot of flexing and strain put on the block every time you open/close the side panel.

6. sam.g.taylor

sam.g.taylor Apparently I'm Greg Kinnear

Are there other cases like this available for the US market? What prices would I be looking at?

This is something that really interests me, as I am interested in silent H2O computing but don't have the time to figure out how to do it myself...

7. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Looks good but I wouldn't want to know the price :sigh:

8. Boon

Boon What's a Dremel?

Not that damn flow indicator again. Zalman has a bad habit of making great products but garnishing them with critical flaws. In the case of their coolers it has to be the poor fan noise at low voltage. With the water cooling systems it comes down to the annoying clicking flow indicator. I thought Zalman may have learnt from the first reserator but things got worse with Reserator 2 as you could no longer remove the flow indicator.

Anyway rant over. Here's hoping they actually pick up on it this time.

9. LVMike

LVMike What's a Dremel?

wouldn't surprise me if they were the same round blocks they used on the reserator. good idea but i hope it gets refined more before it comes to market.

10. thermalnightmare47

thermalnightmare47 What's a Dremel?

i like it but i do agree with the front i don't like those gauges....digital would of been better for me though but again that is just me but if it had more bays it would totally be mine

11. coniferous

coniferous What's a Rotary Power Tool?

Wow, i kinda hope this comes with a water cooled psu, or perhaps just a silent one.

Does anyone know when this is coming out? I hope its soon, because I'm thinking of building a new computer and i want to "take the plunge" into water cooling..

12. Marco André

Marco André Shipwrecked Lian Li

The tubes inside the door, are build of.... :confused:

13. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I'm,... intrigued.

I could see getting into one of these, but for what it costs and the cost of the additional components I would need to purchase yto make it work (2 CPU + 2 GPU) I could actually build the system i want. On the other hand, that is a LOT of rad surface area, so it cvould be a nice start for a comp like mine. Does anyone know if it will take eATX mobos though?

Tags: Add Tags