1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming World in Conflict Beta impressions

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 14 Jul 2007.

1. legoman666

legoman666 Beat to fit, paint to match.

2. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

i played this at mutiplay event we never did get to use an nuke but it would of been intresting (i may find out in 13 mins you got to love 20mb bb {2.5MB/s})

3. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

And I can't play it.
    Looks awesome though.

4. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Playable on my old 6800GT, doesnt look very spiffy but its quite fun, another damn reason to upgrade, pah lol :p

5. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

This is a game that really benefits from DX10.

Just played the beta on my system (X800, C2D E6600, 2Gb) and it looks like ass.

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Are there big performance differences between XP (DX9) and Vista (DX10) and how big are the graphical differences? Do I really have to install Vista to fully enjoy this beauty? ;)

7. Sea Shadow

Sea Shadow aka "Panda"

I have been playing this quite a bit in the past few days and I am completely addicted. Another one of the little details that really gave me a smile is the chatter the infantry has (just zoom down to their level and listen). They put alot of thought into this game and I am loving every minute of it. I also love how creative one can be with the tactical aids, I occasionally find myself using napalm to force the enemy over a bridge right as it gets taken out with bunker busters.

8. Major

Major Guest

I been playing this for around 4 hours today, took some time getting to know everything, but once you do, damn what a game, amazing.

And I'm on XP and I think it looks great tbh.

9. fri2219

fri2219 What's a Dremel?

tac-nukes != cool

Has it occurred to anybody playing this and games of the same ilk that it's glorifying mass murder?

Why not just go all in and play Nazi guards in Birkenau while you're at it?

10. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

that aside

This game freaking ROCKS! I was in the closed beta as well but could only play a few games. I've put a couple more hours into it and I must say that I am absolutely impressed by this. It's like Battlefield 2 meets RTS meets eyegasm. Definitely a must-buy come September.

11. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Yah, this game kicks so much ass.

As said before, keeping your units in one spot is a huge no no. They wil be a pile of rubble when you get back to them.

It does take a couple times to understand whats going on, since most of the time, you'll be in awe of the amazing explosions.

My favorite part of this entire game, are the very close and heated battles. One team is struggling to get the win, the other, barely surviving. It's all great hectic gamepla....wait, wtf, holy crap! A nuke! :jawdrop:

That's what happens, whoever luanches the nuke first wins. :naughty:

I run the game, with everything set to max, with AA at 2, and AF at 2. I'm running an Opty 148, 1 gig/ram, and a 7600gt. The framerate is just fine. Most of the time above 40-60. When I zoom in, it drops to about 30.

A great game, I can't wait to see it's final release.

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The fundamental difference is that this isn't real. Computer games don't actually hurt kill anyone since it's virtual

13. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Ehrm... what has WiC to do with Nazis? And what mass murder? War? Yea, war is killing a lot of people. Couldn't agree more.
    And as Bindi said: It's a G-A-M-E. And I think 99.9% of all people playing such games wouldn't ever do something like leading a country to war even if they had the power to do so.

Anyways, just played the tutorial and some battles and I have to say I'm amazed by how this game looks. Even better: I'm blown away on how this game feels!

But to come back to the DX10 topic: The screenshots in the article are DX9 or DX10? And what performance drops are there if any running the game on DX10? I get like 50-60 FPS average @ 1280x1024, max detail, 4xAA, 4xAF. Not in the benchmark of course. ;)

14. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Yup, that's why it's fun :D

15. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I've just downloaded this.. few one questions : Where do I get a key? and why do nvidia make downloading new graphics drivers such a chore? Surely they could just have a system similar to windows update...

edit:
    I've found a key

16. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

lol someones entry for the headset competition :hehe:

(If it isnt I hope you die a horrible death from a naplam strike (though dont blame me for saying that, WIC and Bit-tech's support for it has warped my mind :( ))

17. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

Still mean to download this but two questions:

1. Can you do 2vs2 or 1vs1 and control all the units??
    2. Is the demo online MP only? or LAN and Online?

Cheers

Kimbie

18. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

The current open multiplayer beta has a tutorial and then online play only that I've seen.

definetely have to clock up my card to its overclocked level for this one (I usually leave it at stock unless I must overclock it for a game) and then I can manage 1680*1050 with the graphics quality set to medium.

Seen one nuke so far, it looked nice but wasn't quite an "OMG" moment, possibly because of the graphics settings. My highest tactical aid points so far has been 72/80 needed for a nuke of my own before time ran out, though I did manage to wipe out three players with a carpet bomb, two seconds after game end once and get the silver excellence star for it ;p

Fun, though Balance seems to skew towards a few effective strategys and little else with the lack of coordination (full squad of medium heli's, a lot of artillery and a spotter, a set of APC's and similar ones being prevelent).

Reminds me of shatterred galaxy only without the unit persistence/experience and with much prettier graphics.

19. Tim S

Tim S OG

I got some screens of a triple nuke I dropped earlier... :D

EDIT (click for big):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. RTT

RTT #parp

holy crap :D