1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Mouse!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by m0o0oeh, 25 Nov 2007.

1. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Some of the older generation G7 had a few battery problems, namely, the lithium ion battery cartridges can discharge very, very quickly and die for good.

Another vote for the G7. The wireless convenience (i.e.: across the living room from your couch or whatever to your computer-connected television or whatever) is invaluable. Heed my word. You don't seem to be interested in hardcore gaming anyway, so the weight-customizable G5 is a moot point.

My battery life on the G7 is between 6 and 8 hours of uninterrupted use at 1200-1550dpi, and at a polling rate of 500 reports per second over the 2.4GHz band. Much more than enough for you. It comes with two battery cartridges and a relatively fast charging station.

The only gripes I have with the G7 is Logitech's annoying shell design which gives me wrist strains (because of my unusual grip), the wireless USB receiver doesn't slide into the base of the mouse for easy transport to, for example, the workplace, and the mouse can sometimes get thrown off by other 2.4GHz pointing devices.

Last edited: 27 Nov 2007
  2. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

IntelliMouse Optical 1.1, why?

3. Asulc

Asulc Minimodder

just wondering to find out what kind of mouse you should get.

another vote for the G7 or mx revolution

4. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

G7 it's awesome :D

[​IMG]

It looks nothing like the pics on the logitech site, (not as light)

5. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Yea, because you have the old model.
    The new one is black:

The reason for the new look, was due to an extreme demand to not have it that color.
    [​IMG]

6. Major

Major Guest

I have the black G7, and it looks better than the picture. ;)

7. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

You can't get that anymore, was limited edition.

8. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

You can't get the G7 through retail anyway though, and if you can, its ridiculously expensive.

9. Dev25

Dev25 What's a Dremel?

Do like the G7 but

i prefer razer mice

Goin to soon buy the Lachesis

10. tzang

tzang Traditional Nutter

I might get shot for this but I'd recommend the Microsoft Habu mouse. It doesn't provide much for what you pay for but I've had this for a few months and it is still doing a fantastic job. Other than that, I'd point towards the Razer range.

No offense to the Logitech owners here but I've been through 9 Logitech mouse in the last 2 years due to numerous faults occuring such as a failing wireless transmitter, faulty charging unit or a button failing to work (this includes the G9, MX Revolution, VX Revolution, MX1000 and V450). Having just gone through 3 sets of faulty Logitech Z-5500 in a row (during a 2 week period), I have a feeling Logitech's QA department needs to be reviewed or I'm just having a bad run with Logitech products :p

11. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

wow thats very bad luck.

12. GoodBytes

Wow, you really have bad luck...
    Maybe Logitech doesn't like were you live ;)

Logitech Manager: "I don't like London, UK, let's sell them all the defected product produced"
    lol

13. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Actually, the black G7 was introduced because the standard emerald/silver model was not available in a textured non-slip grip à la MX510. Technically, both models are internally indifferent with the exception of the black version receiving fewer faulty battery cartridges.
    There was a time when I couldn't find the standard model anywhere, whose appearance I like more.

14. JoeJones

JoeJones What's a Dremel?

After having a Logitech G5 I now find wirless mice too annoying to use. They all seem to have an inherant lag to them and feel sluggish.

With regards to the keyboard I was looking for a new one and couldn't justify the cost of the G15. It's a keyboard and I wanted something to play FPS on and type....so still using my Micro$oft Ergo. I imagine the LCD on the G15 is great if you use those features it supports (Ventrillo support sounds very good!) and if you need all those macro buttons it's probably a godsend, but it's really a hardcore gaming board for specific uses and if you don't do that then there's no point.

15. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Except for with an MX518. One extra button, better shape, better mouse.

I've used many mouses, and nothing out there has bested the MX518 in my opinion.

16. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

i use a MX510, the cheaper bother of the MX518 and tbh i couldn't tell the difference between my 510 and my friends 518, i dont use half the buttons on the mouse anyway! lol!

i would love a G7 lan kit, special edition. it was black in a case and it turned a cool product into a super cool one.

but for now i shall wait for logitechs next line of wireless mice, dam if i paying out for the MX revolution, but i shall see what santa brings me!

17. GoodBytes

@JoeJones, you probably had a wireless 2.4Ghz phone AND a 2.4Ghz Wireless router, and your computer was far.
    When I got my MX Revolution I had the same problem, but my mouse was only lagging if someone was using my wireless at home.
    The trick was to change the phone channel and Wireless channel, now everything works perfectly, my phone, mouse, and wireless network.

18. Major

Major Guest

Well if you use the extra button then yeah it's a better mouse, but I don't, and I prefer the shape of the G7. :p

19. JoeJones

JoeJones What's a Dremel?

Nope. I hate phones, not using my wireless network so that's turned off. In that attic where my wireless mouse was, the room is surrounded by rockwool which kills pretty much most signals up there.
    Mouse is now in work where I have the thickest walls in the hospital...room is pretty much bomb proof and again no wireless signals can get there.

Perhaps it's just the odd wireless mouse I've had...sometimes I think the 125Mhz polling rate doesn't help with gaming reactions but maybe it's just becuase the wireless mice are so damn heavy. :)

20. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

The G7's polling rate is 500 reports per second using any version of Logitech SetPoint after September. The input delay is 1ms. I've only experienced my mouse connectivity drop on my laptop (probably because of the inherently shite USB controller), usually in large halls with several other simultaneous users of 2.4GHz band wireless mice.