1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creationists seek foothold in Europe

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Cthippo, 10 Feb 2008.

1. Tim92

Tim92 Blah! Blah!

I believe you misinterpreted it. To me, I think Mario is saying that they have no pictures or another reference. But I think that he is saying that the evidence points to the Red Sea Crossing.

2. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Well put it this way, there are two points at which the israelites may have crossed water. One of them is physically impossible to cross, the other isn't so implausable. That is massive and damning evidence against the idea that people crossed the one which you're claiming they did. As evidence for the one you're saying is true, he offers the fact that it's such a big legend to the jews that it must have been an act of god, because no other story would last so long. To which of course I could pluck any number of chinese, indian, or even european stories which have been just as important to their respective peoples and have lasted just as long and in some cases thousands of years longer, which no-one claims are well known because they were an act of god.

So it leaves us with a bit of a problem. Big evidence against the jews crossing an ocean floor, with...well, no evidence for it still. See why we're skeptical?

3. Tim92

Tim92 Blah! Blah!

Read the above.

4. specofdust

specofdust Banned

You seem to have missed the point and not read your own quote. The line covers an area 800m deep. That may be a little less deep than the area around it, but functionally it makes zero difference.This still constitutes massive evidence against the idea that humans crossed that point ;)

5. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

All I have to say is that you can interpret almost anything to mean whatever you feel like, especially something as vague as religious texts. There is still absolutely no proof of God and never will be.

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Tim92, there are many Christian professional scientists who honestly believe in God. Yet even they do not thread softly where you are boldly charging. If anyone could provide sound, scientific evidence to prove the existence of God, they would be the people. They have the means, motive and opportunity. Yet they all say it is a matter of faith.

There should be a lesson in it for you somewhere. There is no proof. There can't be any proof. A faith in God is based in faith, not in absolute certainty of fact. It is the only way it can be.

Think about it. What if God announces His presence to us all today, and proves without doubt that He exists. What would change? Would all people suddenly become decent, caring, good people? No. They would only behave that way, for fear of pissing off the Big Guy and going to Hell. They would have learned nothing except to suck up to the boss and behave themselves or else there will be trouble. There would be no choice involved, and no real understanding about why it is a good thing to be decent, caring and good. There would be no enlightened humans, just housebroken monkeys who have learned not to pee on the furniture.

7. Grinch123456

Grinch123456 What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

8. walle

walle Minimodder

Another one not getting the point, nice picture, me loved it, oh, and welcome to the "party".

Who knows Nexxo, maybe an Egyptish hoomie with a pimped up ride.:)

cheers.

Last edited: 13 Feb 2008
  9. Tim92

Tim92 Blah! Blah!

Agree Whole heartedly.

Though I have to say all I am doing is giving a few facts I know. I am very busy with school and other junk and I don't have the time to do research on this.

When I first posted I didn't mean this to come to all out debate.:wallbash: I was just putting out my thoughts and then it sorta went out of control.

10. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I'm afraid you aren't. What you're providing isn't fact, it's speculation, here-say, and outright lies (not yours, other people's, repeated by you in good faith). Unfortunately for you (or perhaps in the long term fortunately) posting about faith on the internet generally requires arguments to justify that faith. This is a good thing imo, because the more people that question the role their faith has in their life (or their faith full stop) the better. From your wanting-to-believe-in-god POV, at the very least it'll pick out the weak ideas from your head and re-inforce the strong ones, if they exist.

11. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

It's not necessary for God to exist to behave in a Christian manner to your fellow men, and certainly not useful for the Old Testament to exist as part of the Bible. Yet Creationists, rather than spread the teachings of Jesus, just want to spread their illogical and unscientific views on life, the universe, and everything. They really should get their priorities right. :sigh:

12. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

and still you have not showed me anything about Noah's arc, one of my favourite stories on the book..... and completely unrealistic and impossible....

13. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Well, there is actually proof for the great flood iirc. It's been a while since I studied ethics and philosophy, but I definitely remember there was proof of a cataclysmic (but natural) flood at that time.

14. pjotero

pjotero belgian

I could be wrong, but I think it was te formation of the black sea ( or a part of it).
    It was also reasonably slow, one could simply walk away when his feet would get wet.

15. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

QFT. Principles, not deities. But some people just believe that the only way for mankind to behave is to have a Big Daddy browbeat them. Projection is a wonderful thing...

16. Major

Major Guest

The famous American comedy duo which I cannot remember the name of made a few videos about the Bible and other "beliefs" that are thought to be true to some, they also covered things like "People see bright lights when near death", great watch. And it has all serious, it's has nothing to do with comedy at all.

17. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

and an arc that can hold 2 of each of every land and air species on the earth.... and all current animals are children of them..... i wonder how large it would have to be......

18. Tim92

Tim92 Blah! Blah!

Geneisis 6:14-16
    So make yourself an ark of cypress wood; make rooms in it and coat it with pitch inside and out. This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be 450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet high. Make a roof for it and finish the ark to within 18 inches of the top. Put a door in the side of the ark and make lower, middle and upper decks.

Hope that Answers you question.

19. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

No, i'd like to see every animal known to man put into a ship that big.

20. Tim92

Tim92 Blah! Blah!

Go on to verse 19:
    You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. 20 Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive.

Did the God say that they have to be full grown? nope