1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. mortadelo

mortadelo What's a Dremel?

For about 2 minutes I thought "yeah, that's more or less why I do it", but for that same reason I should take my plates home when I park the car in the street, just in case someone drives by and clones my car to do some speeding or whatever.
    Another reason might be to remain anonymous, like people that film themselves playing hanky-spanky and blur out their faces.
    The real reason I did it is because I stole the car and I don't want the owner to find me :worried:

2. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Haha thanks, it's my baby. :D

3. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

That's true, but if someone is planning to steal a car it's probably a better idea to just spend 5 minutes on the net and find a car a few hundred miles away rather than a local one. There's always the risk of the owner of the "real" car spotting it if it's a local plate ;)

4. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

[​IMG]

18 years old this coming august :).

5. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

even with that myspace angle you still cant hide the fact its a nova :p

ps. wheres the irc love mate?

6. Doyleyboy

Doyleyboy What's a Dremel?

got a 94 fiat uno! :clap:
    i think ive pissed it off by relentlessly thrashing it, as it appears to be trying to kill me at the moment.
    stopping with no brakes is fun! makes the drive to work more interesting at least

7. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

8. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

I'm not hiding it :p.

I just havent had the time for IRC sorreh, but I'll be back eventually ;).

9. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Mine was 18 last October i think, its weird no? Mines starting to show its age now tho.

I've ran it too far and too hard and now everything's breaking down!

Its getting up to temperature then shutting itself off, and that's weird for a car with no ECU...

10. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

Not my actual car (hence I have no problem showing the number plate :)), but basically the same, Ford Focus Y, Ghia 1.8

[​IMG]

11. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Replaced the coil for a new one? ;)

12. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

Hmm, mine started to misfire a lot, and then i needed to fill its rad bottle with water before each journey...on its last journey, at the end, the rad bottle was full of rust, not water!

After a little inspection, the head gasket had gone, it had the 'mayonnaise' on the oil dipstick :(

13. Darv

Darv Bling!!

Just realised I never got round to posting my car in this thread, so here goes. I apologise for the the pretty poor photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Stickeh

Not yet i haven't! But i have replaced the distributor ( this was faulty as it was ), and the carb soon, ( this was also faulty, had a sticky float! ) and now apparently time to change the coil :p Clever arse :p

You can usually tell if theres blue / white smoke coming out the exhaust also, i could tell my brother had split his when that happened!

Took the head off and he'd actually burned a piston, melted the top, had an engine rebuild to the sum of £1400!

If it was me, id have a nicely bored out 1380, but being my conservative brother i think they only took it to a 1293

15. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

out of interest what are you fabia vrs boys paying for insurance?

16. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

Yeah, tones of blue & white smoke :( i chopped it in and got my self a new car (with a loan from my dad, i had been saving for a new car, but didn't expect to need to buy this early). When it came to taking the nova for part exchange, i had to drive the whole way there (40 mph limits) in 3rd gear (only had 4 anyway) as it was misfiring so bad at low revs it barley moved. High revs = good. The garage can deal with it now :p

17. Zytek_Fan

Zytek_Fan The tortoise

I'm on the lookout for an Audi Coupe Quattro or 90 Quattro right now :D

18. Stickeh

I couldnt bare to part with my car, i know it costs me loads to run, but its just too much fun with it. I dont think i could get the same experience from anything, that and i know it inside out and can do most of the work on it! A headgasket is about 2 hours quick, or half a day slow change over, and about £10 for a gasket set ( including loads of stuff i dont need! ).

Makes me laugh though when people dont change them and wonder why it doesnt work so well, putting it off as garages can charge a lot, esp with new cars burying there engines behind loads of plastic etc etc.Just the other day saw a punto for sale with 'needs a new headgasket' like it was a minor fault! I wouldnt be driving mine anywhere with that kinda problem!

19. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

That's what I'm getting in the next couple of weeks :)

Have you had any problems with it? (specifically, seat covers fraying)

As for insurance, I got a quote of £480 - not sure what the excess is though, I put down £250 voluntary. Thats for a 22 year old male with 4 years ncb.

20. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I got it !!!! :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

It took lots of effort for me considering it is the first car I bought myself, but damn is it worth it :D

Accord EX Coupé 2001

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It looks like it's dirty on the photos but it's actually ice. -25°C (-13°F)