1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SketchUp Sketchup Components Collection (SCC) Discussion

Discussion in 'Modding' started by jezmck, 25 Nov 2003.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

SO you can't export to a .co for Cobalt ?

Fiddlesticks.

2. karolis

karolis Code Monkey

Antec TruePower 1000W PSU
    To scale. Bottom improvised (couldnt find ANY image for it..)
    [​IMG]

scooby, i see you made a lot of fan models. Would you like to try 140mm and 250mm ones? :D

Last edited: 19 Mar 2008
  3. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I spend a few hours Monday, Tuesday and a little bit of Wednesday drawing this. I live in a log cabin so this was a piece of cake :thumb:

BTW everything is insulated so you could stay there in the cold winter months

Overview of the cabin, you can see that every other log sticks out
    [​IMG]

Front view
    [​IMG]

Back view
    [​IMG]

Right side
    [​IMG]

Left side
    [​IMG]

Iso view with no roof, you can see the trusses and the attic which can sleep a few people
    [​IMG]

Iso view with no attic
    [​IMG]

Top view, you can see the living room, kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom
    [​IMG]

Living room
    [​IMG]

Kitchen (if you can call it that)
    [​IMG]

Bathroom
    [​IMG]

Bedroom
    [​IMG]

4. karolis

karolis Code Monkey

Great work man :thumb:

5. scooby

scooby Minimodder

:clap::clap::clap:!!!Congradulations Everyone!!!:clap::clap::clap:
    :thumb::thumb::thumb:We just hit our 100th page!!!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I'm in a computer store right now and can't stay to long. But I'll be back later to respond to your questions K.

:naughty:Scooby:naughty:

6. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

I make it 50 pages ;\ ....but congrats everyone anyway....

7. The_Beast

Thanks

I'm working on yet another cabin. It's one my dad used to visit when he was a young boy(I got suckered into it my him :wallbash:)

8. rls669

rls669 i can has dremel?

Scooby, any chance of getting an IFX-10 to go with the IFX-14?

9. scooby

scooby Minimodder

@karolis, great work on the power supply bro. I try to give it a go on the 140mm and 250mm fans. Do you have any type/brand in particular? If you got some good top view images post them here and I'll give it a go...time permitting.

@Beast, your going all Daniel Boone on us bro.:D Love the details on you cabins very nice work. You should post some of your work at the SketchUp Community Forum's Renders Gallery, I'm sure they would also appreciate your great work.

This is what I'm working on right now, originally not my design but I'm adding my own touch to it. Still have a long way to go so I hope you like it so far.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

@rls669, when I did those Thermalright heatsinks I was fortunate to have found the illustrated specs for them so they are as accurate as I could make them. I would have done the IFX-10 that goes with the IFX-14 but unfortunately they did not have the specs for them so I decided not to do it.

I wish they did though so it would have been a complete set. You can give it a go, I think the IFX-10 is the same as the HR-05 that I did the only difference is the heatpipe implementation. You just have to get the right measurements or have a unit on hand to base it off of.

Scooby:thumb:

10. The_Beast

That cabin wasn't that hard to make. I live in a log cabin (which my parents build so they gave me tips) so it was a little easyer.

I'm in the middle of drawing yet another cabin, it's 2 story(basement and first floor) and I'm doing all the studs and supports. My dad went there as a kid and gave me sub-par blue prints so I get to play with the design a little. I'll try to get pics up by the next weekend

I'll check that forum out some time :thumb:

BTW today I just bought a HP w1907 (19" LCD) and a Microsoft wireless desktop 1000 to complete my build. All the parts get here tuesday so I'm very excited

11. karolis

karolis Code Monkey

@Beast i spent a few summers in a cabin near a lake. Best relaxing holidays ever ;)

@Scooby
    140m one is Antec Yate Loon D14SM-12 fan. Here are the best 2 pics i could find:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

250mm is a bit more complicated. the one's i intend to get are built by performance-pcs, but there's a catch. The shell is transparent and whoever took the pics, should be shot for quality. :D
    [​IMG] is the ONLY picture showing the actual blades..
    google didn't get any better shots either..
    All i know is what the store tells me - 250x250x30mm fan with 13 blades
    My guess is that it is quite similar in design to this 220mm fan:
    [​IMG]
    Thanks a lot by the way.

12. rls669

rls669 i can has dremel?

Ooooohh, the 250mm. Just in time for my project :D

I finally got the IFX-14 into 3dsMax, that was quite an adventure. Took at least 45 minutes to export from sketchup, then after all the shenanigans to get it into Max the geometry was duplicated all over the place. Had about 2.5 million polys when I started and about 800,000 after I fixed it. Thanks Scooby, this will make life much easier for me.

13. scooby

scooby Minimodder

@Beast, way to go bro. Finally got your new rig going.:thumb: Yes! check out that site, their are a lot of great artist there.

@karolis, I did some searching as well and I found some better pics (at least better top views). I'll do my best to get them done soon as I got a full week ahead of me.

@rls669, glad you got it going dude. A lot of cleaning up but at least it's now in Max. Can't wait to see your final rendering.:thumb:

Scooby:D

14. rls669

rls669 i can has dremel?

I suck at rendering. That photoreal IFX a while back was awesome, way better than anything I can do.

I'll be doing the IFX-10 in Max using your HR-05 as a base. Thermalright doesn't have any IFX-10 orthos but there's a dimensioned isometric that'll do, all I need to do is redo the heatpipes. Interestingly, the IFX-10 on their site has the flame-pattern fins like the -14, but mine has the plain fins. I got ripped off :miffed:

15. rls669

rls669 i can has dremel?

Did some more tweaking of the IFX-14 mesh and got it down to 280K polys. Also imported a graphics card and mobo for layout purposes, the materials don't make it through the import but I did a clay render, looks pretty cool:

[​IMG]

16. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

awesomeness

17. karolis

karolis Code Monkey

wow. that looks so cool

18. The_Beast

Not yet, the 320Gb HDD got here today but the rest of the parts get here tomorrow

Sweet render rls669

19. scooby

scooby Minimodder

Great render rls669, we want more, we want more!!!:thumb:

@Beast, cool. My upgrades will be happening again in a few weeks. I think I get a 1TB hard drive first.

20. ChaGrin

ChaGrin What's a Dremel?

EVGA 780i Motherboard

Hello,

I've been snooping around Bit-tech for quite some time, but I finally created an account since I, at last, have something of interest to post (I'm pretty sure I'm OK, but Admin, please move this post if this is the wrong place for it).

I been trying to build a multi-computer custom case, from scratch, for about 2 years (off and on). I have built some prototypes and such, but I came to the conclusion that I needed to be able to hash out the build without spending a bunch of money and time and then screwing up halfway thru because I hadn't thought of something...I needed something like blue prints or to build a miniture... or something. I came across this thread my accident and realized sketchup is exactly what I needed.

So I started modeling my case as I taught myself sketchup. When I came to the point where I needed to add the computer components to the Case, I looked thru Jezmck's collection (and then searched the internet). But I couldn't find a 780i motherboard. So instead of begging one of you all to model one for me, I made my own. So here it is, a EVGA 780i (132-CK-NF78-A1) motherboard sketchup model:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The model should be to scale (or pretty damn close). I think it turned out well for my first time. I modeled all the connectors, slots, heatsinks and such... the only thing I didn't do was all the Caps (I didn't have the patents :sigh: ).

Lastly, I'm not sure what most people do, but I am releasing this model as Public Domain. Use it, Abuse it, Mod it..whatever. If you use it, it would be cool to PM me about it, but no worries if you don't.

Thanks,
    ChaGrin

Ohh, I have posted the model to Google's 3D Warehouse (search keyword "780i" and/or "EVGA") and I will be submitting it to jezmck to add to his collection (if he thinks it's good enough).

Last edited: 25 Mar 2008