1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit Tech Unis

Discussion in 'General' started by cyberman256, 29 Mar 2008.

1. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Good AS levels, and lucked out on not screwing up the interview completely. Generally, they don't give a crap about extracurricular activities, not for science subjects anyway. Also don't waste time playing the College game, just go to the open day and chose one you like the look of. Good luck dude :thumb:

2. Acehole

Acehole What's a Dremel?

MBChB Manchester medic! Which since sept has left me barely any bit-tech time :( Loving it though - and the University of Manchester is a great place to be :thumb:

3. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

Manufacturing and Design Engineering at
    Northwestern University

possible double major in Mechanical.

First year student here.

4. K

K 528491

I feel like the only person here that isn't doing some kind of uber-academic sciencey cum engineering course...

/resident thickie

5. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

Did a year at Leeds uni doing accounting, hated it, got a place at Birmingham, and dropped out of Leeds after my exams. Now doing Computer Networks & Security at Birmingham City jsut about to finish my second year

I'm very jealous of you guys who are enjoying uni. I dislike birmingham intensely, and find it a very hard place to make friends in, due to the general atmosphere (try smiling at people in the street, most look terrified if you do) The course is not what i was expecting either. We do a business module in which i've learnt nothing (did accounting for a year, and have an A at A level, we learn nothing new) an electronics module, which is far too maths based and irrelevant to what i want to do to be interesting, a cisco module, which is the one redeeming feature. And finally the security module, arguably the most important module of the course, to which the lecturer doesn't turn up, if he does he reads his notes verbatim from the board, and has given me a project to do that he knows nothing about and was only relevant about 6 years ago, yet refuses to let me change it.

DOH!

Good luck to eveyone coming up to the exam season though ;)

RwD

6. K

K 528491

I would feel pretty low if I had to go to Perry Barr every day. What a hole. I love the city in general though, and don't really share your feelings about the lack of warmth and such. I find it's quite a sociable place to be and has a lot going on.

7. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Am doing Chemistry

at manchester Met uni

8. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

Have you considered the possibility that that might just be you? :D

AH

9. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

I didn't even go to university, not even for an art degree.

10. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

Ahh if only, Perry Barr is at least a student centre, my department is based at Millenium Point (the TIC) So i don't even get to meet peopel from different courses, and there are about 3 girls in the entire building. Perhaps the lack of warmth is just me, I'd like something to change my opinions of it though.

and AH - harsh man, harsh =P

RwD

11. K

K 528491

Ahhh, then this is probably even worse. As although Perry Barr is a dive, at least it's full of students. On paper, the TiC sounds amazing. But everytime I've been there, it's just felt cold and sterile.

There are loads of ace places to go out and meet people though. Even the Omega Sektor is a good laugh.

12. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

But K.... you're an apple geek now

13. Jerby

Jerby What's a Dremel?

What's that meant to mean? :eeek:

Last edited: 4 Apr 2008
  14. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

that two hours a week of tuition isnt studying? :hehe: