1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What are you getting for christmas?

Discussion in 'General' started by [PUNK] crompers, 7 Dec 2008.

1. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I don't get any presents, I just give them.

If it weren't for what family I have I'd disappear for about three days every time that date hit.

2. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Christmas dinner - yum yum.
    I haven't specifically asked for anything - luckily my father is an avid cyclist too - it'll probably be related to that (a new helmet I imagine).

3. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

I haven't really asked for anything. I think I'm getting new clothes and maybe a 360.

4. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

The in-laws

5. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

unlucky mate, make sure you keep the receipt so you can take them back

6. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Well, with my combined birthday and Christmas presents being a set of cymbals for my drumkit (or rather, less than half the cost of a set of cymbals) I doubt I'll be getting very much at all, although Dad is splashing lots of money on DSLR stuff for himself, and they've just redecorated my old room, I'm hoping there may be a bit more cash in the kitty for presents. Or they're spent out.

However, I know that I am getting "some sort" of t-shirt from my housemates, and potentially another random gift, it is exceptionally doubtful that my lazy-a$$ brother will get me anything, so its a fairly quiet Christmas for me. However, I am getting one housemate this, and the other one is getting this.

Brother will probably get this, Father will get some extension tubes for his Canon EOS 400D, and Mum will get this. Grandparents will get something from the Christmas market, and grandfather will get a slab of Mann's beer.

Joe

7. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

A Dell D620 from the bay. Hopefully a Xbox live 12 month card, The Office(US) Season 4.

8. Dizman

Dizman What's a Dremel?

Public transportation is pretty lackluster here especially outside of the cities. Most of my friends had a car by the time I was out of high school, as did I.

Btw, you might want to upgrade that request to an xbox 360, i hear the 260 just isn't as good.

9. Red 5

Red 5 What's a Dremel?

What I'm getting:
    1. A new shop to mess about with alongside the boss. (Early present)
    2. A possible promotion. (Late present)
    3. A little bit of cash.

What I really want:
    1. For it all to go away and not have to bother.
    2. Maybe a car.

I'm not religious, my nieces and nephews aren't religious, so why the hell do I have to spend money on them when their parents get them anything and everything they want anyway?

10. Matticus

Matticus ...

I am getting some cash from my parents which is a shame, because all it is going to do is get me slightly less in debt. :grr:

Oh well, I suppose thats what being a student is all about.

My parents will get me some odds and ends which is what I enjoy most, the past few years I have enjoyed presents less and less and just enjoyed christmas time instead.

My lovely girlfriend has got me everything else I could want. I am sure she has got me atleast 2 360 games, and she gave me PES 2009 not long after I got my xbox as an early christmas present, she also bought me forza 2 about 2 weeks ago just for the sake of it. I also know that she has got me a nice philips razor. She reckons she has spent over £200 on me(according to todays update), which is pretty disgusting, I tell her to stop but she just won't.

11. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I'm 21 and I don't either, only a couple of my friends do, most can't afford one, I suppose it's different over here. Especially when you can pay for a car with the number of lessons it takes to pass a test in the majority of cases.

I'm not getting a whole lot this year, some driving lessons and a couple of 360 games, mainly because most of my present will be the driving lessons.

Last edited: 8 Dec 2008
  12. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

I still have my ibanez RG370DXL availible. check the link in my sig. i would reccomend (if your in the uk) dropping £200 on a laney vc30, if your in the states check out orange (as their cheaper there) preferably a tiny terror and a 1x12 cab. or if you dont want o spend £200+ on an amp, then go for a roland microcube, best starter amp out there really, dont be fooled into the valvetronix jazz by line6 and vox either.

13. knuck

knuck Hate your face

at 21 I was the very last one to get my drivers license. most of my friend had it, as well as a car, at 16

edit :

I bought half of my own gift :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 8 Dec 2008
  14. Mithyx

Mithyx There is no Dremel

^.^ won't he be surprised when he gets the new and improved XBOX 360... so much better than that old 260 :D

Wow I'm in a sarcastic mood right now.

I'm hoping for money... can't have too much of that ;)

notatoad likes this.
  15. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

pressies for me from others:
    Probably a pair of paintball pants from the missus... either that or End War or Mirror's Edge
    From my folks another part of my dad's pipe collection
    from myself? nothing... maybe finally the notebook i am planning to get for so long already (if my freelance work pays out in time)

16. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

A cheap a$$ phone for 8€. Asked for this one though, it is wall-mountable, not wireless and has a quite good hands-free equipment.

17. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

what im getting from my parents? not sure. i gave a list of stuff and showed them how to use Amazon and they ordered stuff but ive not clue what they ordered from my list. i asked for a bunch of bluray movies (I only expect 1 or 2 maybe), a sheet sander, dremel accessories, ps3 controller charger, and some blank dvd's and cd's.

much more variety than last year. last year I think I got Guitar Hero 3 and a ps3 controller. along with my PC hardware I bought for myself.

for gifts im giving. well, i dont really have much money to spend. i havent been working for a few months as my cousin's plumbing business that I will be working for is taking a while to get going.

my sister bought a gift for our mom and i think im buying a gift for my dad. i thought of what to give him (shooting glove or maybe a DVD TV Show Season) My parents arent buying for each other this year as theres no money to do it.

Meh I really dont care too much. Last few years the amount of gifts have gotten lower and really It doesnt matter to me. I know my parents cannot afford to spend much and I am fine with that.

If I want something I just buy it with my own money myself. (besides xmas presents from parents) I know how hard it is for them so I dont ask them for money for things.

18. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Not sure about Chrimbo yet -probalby house things as me and the missus have recently moved out.

However, got my birthday in January, and the missus is going to get me an MP5A4 for airsofting :D

19. alastor

alastor Minimodder

I know I'm getting 2 pairs of Converse All-Stars from 2 friends, and probably some Cyber Clean.

20. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

you appear to have confused christmas with some sort of religiously motivated festival.