1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project GT500 Mod 09 mom nomination!!!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Degenerate83, 27 Nov 2008.

?

What should the final colour sceme be?

Poll closed 18 Feb 2009.
  1. Candy orange with black stripes

41.0%
  2. Classic white flames going to black

15.4%
  3. All back the lightning and horse

12.8%
  4. Black with blue real flames and grey stipes

30.8%
  1. tjay@TJ

tjay@TJ Minimodder

2. Bullitdodger

Bullitdodger If it ain't broke....Tweak it.

I hate the logo things.....:nono:
    The rest is very nice, but forget the logo's, please.:thumb:

Last edited: 11 Feb 2009
  3. Degenerate83

Degenerate83 What's a Dremel?

Cheers for your honest opinion....apprichiated..

well after a night the paint cracked so had to scrub it off:duh:.. so your wish was granted lol. realised that airbrushing the logo's is going to be a challenge all on its own . may look into self adhesive clear vinyl to print some stickers may be easier!

on a brighter note have ordered the kit from murder mods. just the white kit tho, does mean i wont have a bad reaction so its worth the £30 mark up. now to just get tho's pesky molex plugs off!!:dremel:

4. Bullitdodger

Bullitdodger If it ain't broke....Tweak it.

Poetic justice.....:D

No honestly. It just clashed with all the other stuff.

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I thought I'd never find this....http://www.rockler.com/CategoryView.cfm?Cat_ID=1536
    The hinges alone have a habit of snapping closed with the least bit of downforce.

The logos might not look as thick if you work off a white basecoat area, and covered the excess areas with black later. (I made a bable.:D) -Anyway, what was putting me off on the logos was the thick white base.
    tl;dr=It's easier to cover white with black than black with white.

6. NZ_mod_man

NZ_mod_man What's a Dremel?

Nice! I really like this mod and your unique ideas.

One problem, the title. It is really an insult to call it an Eleanor case mod as Eleanor is straight metallic grey and has standard opening doors. Maybe you could rename it to Mustang GT500 mod.

Just my opinion.

Keep it up anyhow.:thumb:

NZmm

7. Degenerate83

cheers for opions guys! apprichiated.....also duely noted about the eleanor....even the missus didnt like it lol

again cheers cheaps for link will look into that one. anyways long week end now. if i get anything done will let you all know

8. Von Lazuli

Von Lazuli I get by fine with a jig-saw.

Gyah! Always with the name changes... Makes it hard to follow.

Anyway, the mod looks great thus far, I really really like those doors...

9. Degenerate83

hey all

sorry for a distinct lack off Updates it been a tough week for money....damn valintines day!!!! and it was also the week where all the bills come in so a quick appology.

as i said i havent been able to get much done but did know out the holes for the water cooling loops into the motherboard chamber

[​IMG]

need to just round the tops off a bit more.

speaking off cooling gotta give a massive thanks you to carl over at foxconn (he's the technical guy!!) for tryin to sort me out with the mosfet, nb and sb cooling so should know about that early march hopefully.

on ther news Big thanks again to Bill from sapphire, as i mentioned in an earlier post i cant water cool the toxics due to the pcb design so bill is having me 2 sapphire 4870's shipped to me :D

well i havent got much more to do now before the case gets shipped off to pete darkcat for the respray, just need to get my hands on a processor!! ummm

update tomorrow!!!

10. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

good work, it's interesting!
    And, of course, lucky boy, I wish I had two free 4870 :)

11. Degenerate83

some advise

well today its been a lazy day in all honesty got a whole week off next week so more to do then!!!

anyways im in need of some advise

one thing i have never attempted is to mod a cd drive, let alone a slim loading one what i'm looking to do is have an eject button hidden on the case but i cant figure this bad boy out,

having removed the front facia of the drive im stared at by this

[​IMG]

obviously the eject and led button. what im unsure about is because its a push button there where in hell would i solder the wires! must admit i feel a little out of my depth :lol: it doesnt help that the damn screws are so small on the drive and wont unscrew either!!! any ideas???

12. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

Use a tester to find out the two traces that drive the signal...
    Am I wrong or I can see only a solder blob on the right and a smd led on the left?
    Maybe the dvd eject button is made in conductive foam to make contact between the conductive areas surrounding the "solder blob" ?

13. Degenerate83

Woo a week off!!! awsome stuff

anyway i promise lots off updates this week as in the last few stages of build before it gets shipped off to my good man pete at Darkcat systems for a nice new shinny paint job!

in mean time have emailed local metal workers to see about a new grill for front off the case
    should look similar to this

[​IMG]

not great shot i know

have managed to get some red lED's finally only to discover they dont say what the forward voltage is:duh: so waiting to here back from company but expecting them to be 1.8v as only 3mm ones....now just to figure out what resistors i got lying about!

Expecting a mass off deliveries this week from all over world.....just to keep you all guessing.

and hopefully will have a solution to the dvd drive button as well as will be able to disasemble it now:dremel:

last few days will put system together for final shots before it all goes off for few weeks.

One downside is due to lack off "real world" work....(restaurants been quiet) i no longer have anymore money to buy my processor and hdd's :sigh: which is a bummer really but guess i've got lots to keep busy with in mean time

untill later peeps

14. Degenerate83

nice little package just arrived from my good man bill @ sapphire in the shape of my new 4870's

so cheers bill!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now getting these screws out is tough ones on bracket dont seem to want to badge at all..... nd dont wanna risk breaking cards... and they just ripped my precision screwdrivers to bits :eeek:

just knocked up a quick new foot system as well.... much preffer this one.. holes will be covered in mesh with red Led's glowing through!!

[​IMG]

more later folks!

15. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

Holy hell, everybody find a sponsor for the graphic card, but I can't find a company interested :-(
    You're a lucky guy, trust in me!
    Even I would like to have two 4870 in my rig, now my mod worklog is ready to start, maybe I'll be lucky for the cards :)

16. Degenerate83

haha cheers mino.... i guess i am quite lucky really!

anyways just finished the led's on the feet for this build

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

gonna wrap them in the good old friend that is modders mesh!!

while speaking to the local metal worker today we discused the option for the front grill. turns out that i would have to pay near £45 for the Grill so we worked around it and came up with something else. will post pics laters when i can.

now just need to get my hands on some male molex plugs and pins!!

17. Degenerate83

hey all

sorry aint had time to get grill mounted as yet, def to morrow as need to cut out a new back panel out of the orange plexi.

finally managed to get the heat sinks of the the two 4870's it was like they were super glues in! distroyed my screwdrivers!

well tomorrows a new day and hoping to get most things fitted for a quick test so should get a few decent shots.

18. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

45 Pounds for the grill???
    Holy hell!

19. spenc259

spenc259 in the build stage!!!

yeah that is dear for a grill! what was it being made from?

20. Degenerate83

Cheers guys!!

yeah i know £45 not a chance. was just gonna be lazer cut or milled out off steel or aluminium, the one i now have is alot like modders mesh but with plain circle holes made from stainles steel, just got attach to check fitting then will be sending it off for electroplating along with the fan grills also :D think it will be worth it for the overall look off the build