1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project SEWOG -Stormerens Extreme Watercooled Overclockable Gamingsystem -Update 07/8

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Stormeren, 30 Jan 2009.

1. Stormeren

Stormeren What's a Dremel?

I will think about it. Maybe it could be a fun idea

2. Stormeren

Next update will be some days late because of work. Hope I can have it up latest freday

3. Stormeren

This time I got to start on the watercooling unit. This will be a frame in witch there will be 2 Magicool 4x120mm radiators in, to waterpumps and my homemade reservoir. This frame will be mounted on a frame, so it will be very easy to take out the watercooling from the back of the case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next part will be at 1.may where I will finish the watercooling unit

Last edited: 21 Apr 2009
  4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

4x120? I didn't know anyone made one! That's a very useful rad layout.

5. Stormeren

Yea, I hope so. To of those Rads incl. my reservoir and to good waterpumps.......that sould be able to make some serious cooling I hope :rock:

6. Spyrious

Spyrious Modding all the Time

Very promissing setup.Btw could you please take pictures with the sourounding backgraound and not the white?

7. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Cheap, they are made by Magicool IIRC, they also do 3x3 or 9x120mm rads..

8. Stormeren

The pics I take is with the surroundings, but I link these pics direct from my website. So it will be more work for me to do it with background, but maybe I should do that in the future.

9. Stormeren

yea, they make some seriuos nice coolers. Just as passiv coolers these two rads I will use are very effective......so with 2 x 250mm fans on each I think they will be very effective:D

10. jegerjon

jegerjon What's a Dremel?

Nah vi er da et par stykker ;)

Topic: Great mod, I bet it'll be one heavy machine, but who cares if it's containing all the goodies you want ;)
    I like your radiators! 2x 4x120mm :jawdrop:, that should give more than enough cooling for your two loops, also probs on your res. :thumb:! Keep it up, I'll be watching here, for sure.

11. Stormeren

Jepper, selvom vi er et lille land, kan vi da godt lege lidt med blandt de store

Topic : Yea, it's gonna be heavy......a part of my anti thief plan for this build. If you build it heavy enough, no one will run with it....:D
    No, it's just gonna be heavy doing all the things and plans I have for this build.....very heavy

12. Cheapskate

Now that I know the size of the rad, I see how big the res and the case are. :jawdrop:

13. Stormeren

Yea, it's gonna be very big. The watercooling unit alone will count for around 40% of the insite space. Then I want some fun stof like elektric motors and other stof like that, and that will take around 15% of the space. So if I have desided to make it aircooled without the electrical items I have in mind, it would have been a hole different case, specially in size. That's the price for some serious watercooling and fun stof :D

14. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

The res really does look awesome, you have done a very nice job.

15. Stormeren

Thanks, and nice Mod you have made (LEXA)

16. Kewtdz

Kewtdz Hydros Core

WOW! great job! so it looks amazing and your reserivor is AWESOME! I'm working on making my own as well but I am still new to machining. Keep up the good work!

17. Stormeren

Making a reservoir of this size is not a novice job on metalturning mashine. So start with some smaller projects, before you make one like this. The alu it self cost arround 50 $ so it have to be right the first time you make it, or else it can be an expensive experience for you :thumb:

18. Stormeren

So it's time to next update. This time I have made some further build on the watercooling unit. I have desided to make some changes in the name of functionallity. So the Reservoir will be moved up in the case over level of the blocks for the CPU and GPU, and not be a part of the watercooling unit. It will give some more space down there for other funny things, more options for better cooling, and it will be much more easy to fill water on it.
    So this watercooling unit will contain the two 4x120 radiators, and the two waterpumps. I will then use this frame to organise the hoses, so the 2 inch betwin the rads will be used for bending the hoses to all come through the same place. So the four bars welded together in the middle, will be where the four hoses form the unit will come out of. To with water up to hardware, two with water down to the pumps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Cheapskate

One vote for copper tubing in the base.:D I get the feeling you have the equipment to do it.

20. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

+1