1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Wii getting new Zelda game

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 3 Jun 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

They're still trying to beat Ocarina of Time. Doesn't feel like it's going to be this one either tho.

3. Goty

Goty Minimodder

The only reason any game would "require" the Wii MotionPlus add-on is so Nintendo can force you to spend more money just to play the game, there's no physical reason that you'd need it.

4. adamc

adamc What's a Dremel?

apart from true 1:1 swordplay

i liked Majora's Mask more than Ocarina of Time anyway, they need to bring back that awesome book of happiness sub-quest.

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

why the hell don't they make a wiimote version 2 with incorporated motion plus?? this will have the same fate as the 32X.

6. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I've read that Nintendo will be pre-packaging the Wii Motion Plus with games that require it. I hope doing so doesn't make these games cost more. If this is true, and Nintendo doesn't increase the price it should make it easier to get the device into their costumers hands without impacting sales of it.

Edit: Also this announcement should have made during the press conference. Nintendo's E3 conference was pretty boring to me with only a few announcements that kept me interested ( Metriod M, Galaxy 2, and Kingdom Hearts for DS).

Last edited: 3 Jun 2009
  7. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

@Themax is correct.
    WiiMotion Plus was said to be included (as an official statement) in Red Steel 2 and Wii resort.
    Rumor suggest a other games as well.

So it's not all that bad. Zelda game is going to be announced NEXT E3 for, my guess, the year after that (like Metroid), so by that time you should have at least 2 Wiimote with it, and probably start producing Wiimote with it integrated (my guess).

8. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

I haven't played a game with the MotionPlus attachment, however the idea of 1:1 swordplay fills me with glee and I'd happily pay extra for such a thing

9. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

template for future use :

Nintendo is releasing a new version of <insert old title rehashed 1000 times already eg. Zelda / Mario> as they simply have no new software ideas.

Seriously... has Nintendo released any original content for the wii other than wii sports/wii fit ?

10. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

While I agree with you, you can't deny that Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 innovated both their respective genres. Rumour has it that Nintendo has realised they need to drastically alter the Zelda formula for this next title, which is why it's taking so long and Miyamoto has his hands all over it.
    I don't see the problem with using the same IP if there are significant differences between each game. Hell it's been years since the last donkey kong, and everyone seems to want a title with kid icarus. I think people that buy Nintendo products that aren't the wii fit mums don't actually want new IP anyway.

11. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

zelda = : )

Wii motion plus only compatibility = :(

Same old **** trying to make money isn`t it, it`s a business to these guys not so much a passion. Sorry miya.

Tags: Add Tags