Blogs What's your greatest gaming achievement?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 3 Aug 2009.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

ha no, not 'big' it sounds like a mountain to climb! I remember trying the same thing a few months back and unfortunately my attention span wasn't up to it.. good luck with it joe. Perhaps try a totally different class than you played through first time?

3. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

hehe. i am trying NWN2 with full PVP. Hard to be a sorcerer when my fireballs are hitting the tank too! Or webbing your entire party is not good!

More than a little bit difficult to get used to.

Want some fun - play a bard.

4. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Yeah, I know people like that. More proud of the fact that they were in the boat club than the fact that they got a first in Biochemistry. :eyebrow:

Greatest gaming achievement, though? Hm... completing TIE Fighter Collectors CD without dying once? Or more likely the time I finally managed to complete a No Junction game of Final Fantasy 8...

5. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

mine are all probably megadrive based:
    completing "the Story of Thor",
    completing "Soleil" after getting stuck, then going back to it after 7 years and my brain finally clicking and going all the way to the end overnight (i actually did a victory dance, bad times!)
    and when i was about 9 my mate wanted to see the end movie of the original "Batman" so i sat down and played it in front of him all the way to the end over about 2 and a half hours, i think he cried if i remember, weird!

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I was thinking of going with a Wizard. An impossible challenge at the start of the game (I'm going with full, hardcore D&D rules btw), but by the time I reach Throne of Bhaal I'll be an unstoppable juggernaut.

7. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Probably completing the original Sonic the Hedgehog on the Mega Drive with my cousin when i was about 7 years old! couldnt save progress, and we had the smallest TV ever!

8. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Good grief man, you're insane! :eek: Full credit to you should you succeed though.

Cleric was my favourite on those. There's just something so satisfying about seeing your character casting a reasonable damage spell then finishing them off with a mace :)

9. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

i'll add Sonic the Hedgehog 2 completion to my list as well now you've said that! :D 2 final bosses with 1 hit deaths is not a good amount of stress and adrenaline for a young child!!

ooooh and World of Illusion can get added too... wow i completed more than i remember back in the day!

10. el_diablo_72

el_diablo_72 What's a Dremel?

Ah..what to choose?

Completing Dark Omen without cheating or Chaos Gate without loosing a single guy? Difficult choices but I think I'll have to go with finishing Planescape Torment without and hints, tips or cheats.

I may be inspired now to dig out the old Baldurs, it will probably even work on a netbook now!

11. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

defeating all weapons in ff7 was a good one esspecially ruby!!

for BG i would play a ranger it always pissed me off that i could never get my character near an enemy whilst my bro would just pop them off from a distance.

Joe what are the chances of you logging your BG journey with what attributes you assign etc

also thinking about it if you are going D&D hardcore does that mean you are only going to roll once for your character a very brave measure indeed?

12. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Nothing much really comes to mind from the past.

I started doing something recently though: playing through some 360 RPG's on hard mode (i usually go on easy mainly, for the story)

On Blue Dragon right now, the difficulty level swings wildly all over the place!
    Got stuck on a small sub-boss for 45mins due to it being particularly evil (disrupt party formation then one-shots my caster characters!) but then steamrolled past the main Boss not far after it :D

13. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

Getting Elite on the good old BBC. Was chuffed to bits :)

14. proxymoron

proxymoron What's a Dremel?

I will not have it said that gamers are a socially inept breed. We have relationships for ALMOST TEN DAYS.

15. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

Fifa 08 - Manager Career

I completed Barclays Premier League with 0 loses and UEFA champions League with 0 Loses in World Class Dificulty level on my 8 season with the team (Man Utd).

Somehow i was feeling so proud and happy about myself :D jajaja

16. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Nothing I know of but my Pokemon games all seem to have like 200 hours play time (i'm probably into the thousands of hours including restarts on all the games). :duh:

17. awaham

awaham What's a Dremel?

Im sure there are a few, but the one that stands out is completing the racing mission in Mafia without cheating, cracks etc on hard level.

18. Xir

Xir Modder

Hmmm, personally I think you'll fall asleep after the first 2-3 days but hey...
    Is someone medically checking on you?

19. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Most recent was probably 100% completion on Gran Turismo 3 & 4, purely for the sheer number of hours I put into those games (yeah, I'm not an MMORPG fan), particularly the 24-hour races which I would have to complete over the course of about a week hoping there wasn't a power cut and that someone didn't turn my PS2 off.

Though I generally seem to be a compulsive start-a-game-but-don't-finish-it person, so achievements are few and far between for me.

20. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

100% Morrowind + Oblivion finish, that was difficult because Oblivion LOVES bricking saves after 100+ hours.

Civ IV on max difficult is an epic challenge in itself, and I've gotten 60% completion on Gran Turismo 3...I gave up purely because I could NEVER get that IA license.

100% on FFX twice..well once the 1st time i corrupted the save on about 90% through.

I have quite a few of them actually.

Tags: Add Tags