1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus Xtreme Global Summit

Discussion in 'ASUS' started by andrew8200m, 28 Aug 2009.

1. crash32953295@msn.

crash32953295@msn. What's a Dremel?

Yea wouldnt mind a bit more information on how they want us to write it as I have several Ideas but not sure in what context they want it.

Got the card in and working with a 6 pin btw, and it makes games look pwetty, also my 3dmark went up a LOT, I will be posting all these in my blogs, Havent tried clocking it yet and probably wont untill I ask a few more questions about doing so and also getting a properly supported psu

2. malaroo978

malaroo978 What's a Dremel?

Im not sure what timings my RAM is running at... Ill check when I get home later :) all I know is that its running quick! Really cant wait to blog and bench it :) Want a better cooler before the blogging starts though! Is 8GB really worth it over 4GB btw?

Also, does anyone know if the Zalman CNPS9900-LED will fit LGA1156? I have one on order from ordering the stuff before I wont the competition! Should I sell it or keep it? Want a quiet PC yet cool for overclocking! Always fancied a zalman too.

Just want to get the most out of my new i7!

Need to get her folding for the team now...

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

please have a check, my dominators will arrive tomorrow (scan is quite good in delivering on promised dates, email says it's been picked)

well, 4GB is enough for everyone. im just so used to running 2GB of RAMdisk for quick file shuffling. and i regularly have a few VM open in the background. i even find 8GB to be limiting, will be upgrading to 16GB as soon as a reasonably priced kit comes out.

about the blogs, can i post my benchmarks of i5 on the forums now? and then simply copy and paste them into my blog? i'd love to do benchmark requests in the hardware section for people because im not under NDA :p

4. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

Asus are in tomorrow morning so I'll ask them about the blogging then, but in the meantime, feel free to post away here - you can always copy + paste what you write here to the blogs later on...

5. malaroo978

My timings on the Dominators are:

8-9-9-25-5-71-10-7-20

Whatever the hell they mean! If anyone has any ideas for better settings etc. please let me know! mem timings are my weak point!!

6. Rocket_Knight64

Rocket_Knight64 Minimodder

I only have one suggestion really. What with noise and everything going on, there was not really alot of time to be talking to the engineers in detail.

Maybe you could factor some time for each team to see them out of the main room towards the end? Maybe with a whiteboard handy?

Even then they really did try to see everyone for a while and help out, so it was not all bad.

Everyone involved should give themselves a big pat on the back for a job very well done. Makes it all the more stark how naff my work's events are. :rolleyes:

7. wyx087

wow, that's very impressive, but at what frequency and voltage?

1600Mhz would be really impressive, 1333Mhz still be impressive at 1.5v considering i think the SPD info is 9-9-9-24 at 1333.

8. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

China is awesome! You'll have a great time!

9. malaroo978

I think thats at 1333MHz... but I can try at 1600MHz tonight if you want :) although you should be getting yours today! Let me know what you think of it :)

10. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

The first results are in! Superpi with everything at stock gave me 13.182 seconds, cinebench multithreaded gave me 18,600-ish, also on stock.

The best part about it though is how it feels. It's really responsive, it really does feel like an upgrade, and i'm coming from a QX9770 :)

11. bradders2125

bradders2125 What's a Dremel?

Could we stop the talk about how awesome it is please. I'm still having to just look at the board and drool until I return home and buy the other parts. It's sooo pwetty.

12. Sifter3000

LOL

I'm surprised there aren't more posts in the hardware forum about it :D

13. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Fastest non-staff member driver ;)

14. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

It's hard to know where to start... :p

15. wyx087

tryed Grid last night, fastest i can do in that track is 1:03.

the fun thing about grid is not to do lap times. i think it's to see whether you can get from last to first within 1 lap with ninja opponents. and i did it with san fran. short circuit with 1:05.

i'll be posting about i5 750 when my RAM arrives. and how far i can overclock on stock cooling.

i see Scan have listed their Corsair H50 is compatible with LGA1156, is that correct? all other H50's doesn't support 1156.

16. bradders2125

bradders2125 What's a Dremel?

It was only my 2nd lap I think.

17. Tim S

Tim S OG

I'm really sorry I couldn't be there guys - I really needed a holiday! First time in 4 years where I've been able to properly switch off from the world. Judging from the success of this one though, I'm sure there will be more in the future! :thumb:

18. -VK-

-VK- Lurker

Just a quick update to those of you waiting on the AMD CPU's....

The CPU's have just left my desk with UPS and they should arrive with you tomorrow. If not, please drop me a PM and I'll help to track it's whereabouts. :)

19. Sifter3000

AMD CPUs are in the post - I've got UPS numbers too - sending them your way via email so you can watch and wait for it to arrive ;)

20. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Any confirmation as to which CPUs they are? Black edition by any chance?
    Trying to make my mind up on what memory I buy, which will be based on the CPU somewhat.