1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding A380 Mod Feedback

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Roboduck, 28 Dec 2009.

1. jbarakat

jbarakat What's a Dremel?

Got to say i love the 4th, All black with grey fins, looks like a stealth plane!

2. Roboduck

Roboduck 01110001 01110101 01100001 01100011

Ok so its down to either white/red or white/blue. Im not sure if I want to do white sleeving or colored?

Here is the shopping list so far.
    - Performance-PCs 250mm Silent LED Case Fan
    - Thermalright Venomous X CPU Cooler
    - Enermax "Cluster" -Twister Bearing Silent White 80mm PWM Fan w/ White LEDs
    - Enermax "Cluster" -Twister Bearing Silent White 120mm PWM Fan w/ White LED
    - Professional Case Mod Sleeve Kit - White (or Red/Blue)
    - Vandal Resistant Illuminated Switch - 22mm Red Dot Vandal Resistant Illuminated Switch - 22mm Red Do
    - Vandal Resistant Illuminated Switch - 22mm Red Ring Vandal Resistant Illuminated Switch - 22mm Red Ring
    -MNPCTECH Modders Mesh Honeycomb

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have a happy new year!

Last edited: 31 Dec 2009
  3. StEm

StEm What's a Dremel?

When u said either white and red or white and blue i thought hmmm deffo white and red! but actually the white and blue does look better i think!!

4. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

I love the latest revision. This will be EPIC when it's finished.

5. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Red. Dear god, please let it be red.

6. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

Looks better without mesh on the front IMO, but safety first!

Some maybe on the side window would look awesome. Are you lighting up the fans themselves? Personally I'd go with some lighting inside the turbine, but not on the fans, if you know what I mean...

7. MarkW7

MarkW7 Total Noob

Black case, white fan things?

8. Kenny_McCormick

Kenny_McCormick Minimodder

Hi, nice sketches there.

The first thing I though when i saw the first post was this:

[​IMG]

Just an idea, maybe usefull.

9. stuartwood89

Man I loved that game!

10. Shadow703793

Shadow703793 What's a Dremel?

Very nice renderings. Like some one else said, +1 for the red.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but here we go:

With out putting a mesh in front of the 2 fans on the front of the case, you can make a nose cone like this: http://www.mnpctech.com/TurbineFanMod.html
    to put on the fan hubs. Imo, that would look REALLY nice. ( I doubt the 120mm one will be the right size for a 250mm fans, which I assume are going to be the front fans)

You can make them out of wood also, but it's a PITA to make. I tried it with a 1/2" rod, and it took a loooonnnng time to do with a sander lol. It is possible to use a lathe to do it, but not many have a lathe eh? But in any case, it doesn't have the "metal" feel to it even if you paint it black,etc.

edit: Any chance of doing a rendering with the nose cone so we could see how it looks like?

Last edited: 2 Jan 2010
  11. Roboduck

Shadow703793: Thanks! Ill make a rendering when I get back to work on Monday. I work as a CAD designer/drafter at a machine shop that specializes in medical implants so I have access to lathes, mills, the lot. Im doing this project partly because I want to learn how to use all the machinery in the shop. I had some basic classes in high school but the machines we have at work are SOOOO much different.

stuartwood89: I know what you mean, i had that thought too. I don't really like the trasparent fan blades but i do like the solid blades with LED back-lights. I think white CCDs and LEDs in the fans would look nice. The SolidWorks Rendering engine PhotoView360 isn't great at rendering light but ill make some quick renderings.

Thank you all for your feedback its helping me a lot! I plan to take my time on the design so when it comes time to make the faceplate I only have to make one and im happy with the result!

Last edited: 2 Jan 2010
  12. lenne0815

lenne0815 What has been seen cannot be unseen

go for red, looks awesome !

13. stuartwood89

I'm stuck between red and blue, but if that was my model, I would match the curvture of the window with the curvature of the turbine bodies, so that the window looks more intergrated with the case. Awesome concept though.

14. Shadow703793

Shadow703793 What's a Dremel?

Excellent! Guess the turbine hub won't be hard to do for you then.

Agreed. CAD is so usefull. More or less the same reason why I use CAD to do my scratch build (still in planing dimensions,lol ). Anyways, this is just like the idea of measure twice cut once (I had to learn this the hard way and that's no fun).

15. Kenny_McCormick

Kenny_McCormick Minimodder

Red Cheesecake. It gives more contrast, blue and white are both cold colors but red is a warm color.

16. Reverse

Reverse Reverse/srvR

The red and white is simply stunning.

17. n0va

n0va Burnin'!

Damn! I played that game to death! It was so freaking amazing!

Edit: Oh btw you should go for blue.

Cuz Red n White is what I will be going for next ;)

18. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Damn. I'm not usually a fan of all the cases with oversized fans, but this one looks gooood.

:thumb:

19. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I may get SMOTE for making this suggestion, but the semi-flat areas over the top fan facing forward would be a great place to mount a custom handle. You could lug it around like a minigun.:D It looks like it would shoot something anyway. -kick*ss!
    You need to work out an exhaust outlet too.:worried:
    I like the switches mounted in the beveled sides. The red would be killer if it could be done in a metallic candy. Personally I would love this in candy red/matte white.

20. Roboduck

So it looks like Red/White will be the color scheme I will be going with!

One thing the A380 case isn't is light. And with a new SOLID aluminum bezel its going to be even more hefty. I don't know how I feel about mounting handles on the top but Ill draw some up and see if it changes my mind.

Second 120mm fan maybe? The suggestion had be made that I simply mesh the whole back panel to allow the air to flow through.

Ill mess with the side panel and make it match the curve of the intakes. Ill make up a few different options and post them.