1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Silverstone Grandia GD03 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 21 Jan 2010.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

With better cooling it would be good for a combined HTPC/file server build. For HTPC alone I can't think of any reason why I wouldn't choose the much smaller, better cooler and cheaper GD-04 instead.

3. DocWolfe

DocWolfe What's a Dremel?

That's the thing with these silverstone cases... I don't like all the 'vanity panels' that they have... why can't they just make a case where 'vanity panels' aren't needed because what's underneith looks good!?

4. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

From the pictures I don't see where the two front mounted 80mm fans can draw air from if the door is closed. So, any chance of you guys doing a media PC build either here or in Custom PC? Please? Would be interesting to see your thoughts on components, and especially on cpu cooler...

5. ano

ano 8-bit Bandit

Chic is French for stylish or elegance, chique is French for chew.

6. cybergenics

cybergenics What's a Dremel?

Chic literally means, skill or knack though. Like having a knack at something.

7. GW42

GW42 What's a Dremel?

And while it's not a major issue for many people, the GD-04 has the advantage that it's the shallowest matx box I could find (I was really tight for space on the depth!) iirc it's only 32-33cm deep, and many others are over 37cm at least.

8. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Anyway you look at it. it is fugly...

9. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I've had both the GD03 and GD04, so I'm well aware of the fact, that's exactly the "choose the much smaller" ;) In fact I think the GD04 might just be the best HTPC-case out there, if you don't need a screen and a remote (out of the box, anyway).

10. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

why not get a red pulsing LED light system for the front and make it look like Knight Rider....only joking lol but it is very 90's hi-fi separates looking.

11. ashchap

ashchap Minimodder

I recently set up an HTPC in the GD-04. It seems like a much more suitable case - plenty of airflow and small enough to fit under a TV. Better looking, too.

Tags: Add Tags