1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress .:Filtration:. - Finished - New Video

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Skorchio, 17 Oct 2009.

1. Bullitdodger

Bullitdodger If it ain't broke....Tweak it.

Panel #1.
    Even if it shows some unneccesary stuff. I just like the shape of it...:thumb:

2. Skorchio

Skorchio What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the kind comments guys, sorry there has not been any updates recently, im having mega problem getting my fixings sorted and the large sheet of alli. Really want to get this build up and running so i can get it ready for paint!!!

3. shakka65

shakka65 What's a Dremel?

I perfer the 1st panel. This mod is truly awesome.

4. Skorchio

Thanks buddy, i have finally found the fixings i want and my mate is cutting my alli as we speak :)

5. Skorchio

As i was struggling to get the fixings i wanted i started playing around with the ones i had,

[​IMG]

Add some nickel plate and they would be very unique. But i found my fixings now so saves me doing 50 of these boys!!!

6. ashtefere

ashtefere What's a Dremel?

A shame... those are the nicest fittings I ever saw!!!!

Bitspower take note!

-Ash

7. Skorchio

hehe, maybe i should copyright that design.

Iv had SUCH a nightmare with my fittings, but they are slowly starting to roll in now, i think its ni on £200 on them now :(

here is a preview of what i have done with what's come in so far! Should be getting the main order early next week :D

[​IMG]

Still no word on the alli which is getting annoying, iv been promised next weekend!!!

Skorch

8. subset7

subset7 Spanking the Monkey

It's taking shape nicely Nick,i'm off on holiday next week so look forward to some updates when I get back :rock:

9. bagman

bagman Minimodder

i like design idea 1 but 2 is too bad if you do go for 2 you should laser cut in some type of logo of syblem or something to fill it in but keep up the good work getting better and better

10. Skorchio

Thanks, i hope i have one for you :)

Still pondering the side panel, but i don't want to much going on on the outside as its what's inside where i want the attention.

11. Skorchio

Some more fixings arrives (alltho still loads more to come) as well as my alli from my friend :) Woop Woop

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I orederd 6 new ugly fittings as they have a much longer thread to get through my 4mm flooring, the tops from the others go right on :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not able to get much done to night as i have to go see my girlfriend so here is what i managed to do. Its going to make the whole thing look so clean, cant wait to get my hand on it to do more.
    [​IMG]

More very soon,
    Skorch.

12. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

This is turning into a fantastic build, keep up the good work.

13. o1wish

o1wish What's a Dremel?

good job

14. Skorchio

Thanks guys.

Well yesterday i made a new backing plate as the one i made previouly was design for the flooring to be at the standerd level (i allso cocked the last one up a bit, but shhh).

[​IMG]

Also got a routing table with variable speed router :) best bargin i have ever had £40 from fleebay, local collection!

[​IMG]

More later today

Skorch

15. bagman

bagman Minimodder

well i look foward to seeing the new improved backplate

16. Skorchio

Well the wait is over!

Got a good 5 hours work done today! Sorry for the crap photos, I’m going to stop using my phone now, most of them where blurred!

Got 1 of the 3 stripes that will hold the flooring together drilled and tapped.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I took these off the mobo tray as well, aids the clean look and allows me to flush more off with the backing plate, I was suppressed how ridged it was without them.
    [​IMG]

Then it was on to the new back panel, I did some fancy bending and cutting to fill a hole that was left after I did he last back plate, bit of lead later will seal it all up.
    [​IMG]

Then on the alli backing plate, I cocked up the last 2 cuts (tired) so ordering a new piece of alli. I see this as a blessing in disguise as I wanted this sheet to be 2mm and my friend could only get me 1.5. It also means I can finish working with this piece, get it all perfect, and then use it as a template when I get the new bit.
    [​IMG]

Here you can see I cut the bits out the wrong side, on both sides *face palm*
    [​IMG]

So I chopped it all off so it went it :)
    [​IMG]

I also got some new blanking screws, I prefer the hex once to the once a few posts back.
    [​IMG]

Might be able to work on it some more tom, stay tuned :)

Skorch.

17. The boy 4rm oz

Back plate is coming along nicely, looking good.

18. Neji

Neji What's a Dremel?

This is shaping up very nicely. Love the floor.

19. Skorchio

thanks guys, managed to make good progress this weekend.

More work done today.

I drilled the holes top the other ends of the pumps. Im not going to mount the fan as shown below now as it just look out of place, i will be purchasing a 12mm slim line fan to go inside the box and just had a rad grill laserd on the to bottom of the box. Im also changing the box slighty to direct the air flow of this fan down the back of the mobo to keep this cool. I read somewhere there airflow over the back of the mobo increased the max overclock.

Excuse the ugly fittings, all my new once are not the right size so I'm trying to get the replaced. alltho 4 days and still no email back about it!!! ARGGHHH
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is a no no
    [​IMG]

More soon
    Skorch

20. The boy 4rm oz

The tubing looks good.