1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Epic PC X Series 20.10.2010 Its over, finished, complete. Come one come all :)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Djayness, 1 Feb 2010.

1. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

For sure!

I've actually had one light on fire in the case, they arent very safe!

2. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Time for another update!

[​IMG]
    Test fitting without cable management, messy fun :)

I finally got my computer online but the install is far from complete. A little...ahem...biggish stuff up with my PSU sleeving means that I will have to resleeve pretty much all of it. I put the heatshrink and sleeving too close to the pin, now I have to move 24 bits of sleeving back. Woo....

Also I have just a normal 450W Corsair in there atm and as legendary as corsair is, it cant handle overclocks past 3ghz at current especially with 6 of the HDD's, watercooling, gfx and everything else, not to mention the fans, oh the fans...

I put in the primochill and started the bubblebath.

[​IMG]
    Not too worried.

[​IMG]
    Slightly concerned....

[​IMG]
    Shutdown :p

[​IMG]
    The problem was that there wasnt enough fluid in the res to start with and that sucked in bubbles that became more bubbles when the primochill went in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Just adding a little more water resolved the issue completely.

So the test fit is done and the watercooling doesn't leak, all good news. Even better is the fact that my computer is up and running so I can post regularly now. Once I resleeve and put the 1000w back in, party time.

Until then, enjoy some post processing plus a poor attempt at photography.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once again, Thank you to lamptron for all the parts!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 18 Mar 2010
  3. BigBazz

BigBazz What's a Dremel?

oooo reminds me of beer bubbles :D lookin good the end result will be looking sweet

4. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

:rock: Loving the reservoir!

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Lot's of bubbles, but it's better than pure foam. Just remember to bleed the loop without the rest of the system running.:D

6. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

I'm waiting to be impressed in all honesty. You name your project epic but All I'm seeing is you playing with a lazercutter. The only real modding you've done is the sleeving and it looks like trash. I was gonna give you some points for the PSU until I saw Why untalented people get access to expensive machinery I will never know.

And yeah I'm flaming. But I want you to realize it's because you have the audacity to call yourself epic. It wouldn't matter if a basketball player played like Kobe. If he ran around calling himself MVP mid season he'd be a tool also.

7. Odin Eidolon

Odin Eidolon What's a Dremel?

Wihle that may be partially true, you have to realize that, with more and more people having access to CNCs and laser cutters, modding has become more a matter of design than ability. In this field this Mod IMHO is ver good. My 0.02$.

8. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

I get what you're saying but If I evaluate a mod on it's design alone then I'll have to appreciate almost everyone's design. With sketchup and other automated programs it's very easy to design something. I will judge on worksmanship because that is a direct representation on the modders skill level and the modders dedication.

The ONLY thing I have to judge is the sleeving, which is so bad I have no idea why it's been posted. Plus, sleeving is PAINFULLY easy. So when I see that quality of work being put alongside some lazercuttings all I can do is cringe. Maybe I'm being to harsh but i think if you gave this kid a dremel and a case you'd be horrified by the outcome no matter how good his "Design" was. Lazercutting will always look good. I'm making judgement on everything else.

9. Odin Eidolon

Odin Eidolon What's a Dremel?

Which is as good as saying Schumacher is not a good driver because he can not ride a horse. Times change, and modding change with them. The dremel is not THE tool anymore.

Don't misunderstand me, I love when someone does not use CNCs and such in a build. THAT's the real spirit of modding, and this is where you are right. I do not find this mod EPIC, however I really appreciate the design and ideas. Looking at some of the most famous mods in this site, some have been fabricated almost only by milling machines. Talking about Dark Blade, for example.

10. Jux_Zeil

Jux_Zeil What's a Dremel?

I personally think that all the little ideas that he has worked into the design is what makes it a good mod. And although I see your point about hand crafting skills you still have to admire the shear scale of the build.

11. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

prove that you can do better.......

seriously dude just get out if you dont like it.

djayness, good job! dont worry about the jerks. could you get some more pics including ones from a further distance instead of being so zoomed in. also i cant really tell from the pics but it almost seems like the edges are of the black acrylic is sort of "unfinished" ? maybe needs some polishing and some Novus.

keep it up!

12. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

I need to get a CNC like this that just somehow mysteriously designs itself a case to include wire management and res, cuts every little piece out in detail, and -poof-, out comes case.

I respect mods done by hand (especially since all of mine are :D), but a lot of design and fabrication went into this case.

13. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Look me up. I have a few logs.

Peace

14. cheezeit

cheezeit What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

HAHAHAHAHA I haven't seen this much bitterness on this forum in a while! Looks like you've been patrolling the word epic for a while too...
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=181157

Anyways, thanks for making the world a better place. I hope you're proud :D

As for Djayness, awesome work bro! I know how much work it takes into planning a case out so that everything goes together after the "LAZER" as fozzy elegantly put it.

15. Boxcarr

Boxcarr Will use any tool available.

If you haven't ever coded in G-code you don't have any idea how difficult programming a CNC can be. Take it form someone who does it for a living, it ain't a walk in the park.

16. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Not sure what I did to upset this guy but wow :)

Anyhow, I was intrigued at what you do with your dremel so I looked your threads up and found a whole bunch of incomplete projects, still waiting to see your skills though. As one poster in your thread mentioned...

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=134117&page=8 November 2007, what happened?

wgy likes this.
  17. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

18. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

i know that i speak for myself
    and by the reactions from others
    it would be safe to say that they would echo my words

i would like to see you use a CNC machine to make a PC case from scratch
    if you dont think that it is deserving of its name
    then put up a submission of your own
    Mr. Nothing-finished
    until you have even completed one project
    you have no right/ability to flame

now i cant say that ive ever completely finished my first work-log
    but i at least had the nerves to post one that i am currently running/posting on

edit: okay i just looked that his work-log that Djayness linked
    i saw a bunch of nice hardware
    but nothing to say that you could ever remove the title of Epic
    that me and so many others have placed/agreed on this mod

i for one like what hes doing
    and say keep it up

19. nlancaster

nlancaster Minimodder

Being in the process or building my CNC machine.

Being very interested in computer aided design.

Learning how to program in CNC.

It is epic when someone puts in the amount of time to build what looks like a very clean custom pc from scratch.

Djayness has to know a few things to build a mod like this:

1. gcode to program cnc.
    2. Cad programs to create the disign.
    3. How to fit it all together.
    4. Work on it hard enought to get it, so far, almost complete. And, predicting, finish it.

You, Fossy, have yet to finish a mod(at lest one posted on bit-tech).
    You, Fossy, Have crapped on the modding community by getting sponsored somehow and not finishing your mod.
    You, Fossy, crap on others threads instead of constructive critisisim(sp?) at worst.

Fossy, you can take a flying leap and go :BEEP: yourself.

Djayness, keep up the great work and I look forward to it being finished.

20. BigBazz

BigBazz What's a Dremel?

Amen to that!

This project is very well designed and clean lines and personally it looks like something that could be designed as part of mass production but then it would lose its uniqueness :) im sure plenty of people would purchase this case if it were available ;)