1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

i hope its benign! Good luck, open a thread in Srs Discussion and keep us posted!

2. GMX09

GMX09 Frequent Tweaker

Exams. Revision.

Nothing is ruining my life as such, just a little bit of revision. Other than that my life is going extremely well. I'll have some money for upgrades soon aswell.

3. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

haha, this wasn't one of those regular monthly matches. it was our junior provincial match. im in the old geezer (17-21) category. the whole day sucked ass. thunderstorming the whole time. power going out while shooting, being bored, shooting sucky, being with my parents....

it sucked.

and then today i got up at really early o'clock to go get all my crap from house i was renting during school to move back home. got back at 4pm and unpacked and put stuff away until 11:30pm.

tomorrow im probably gonna be spending most of the day doing more organizing.

tuesday i start working tho. but thats a good thing. :D

4. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Fuel pump on my car has gone a week before download I'm just praying to god that i can get it fixed in time, Though it does look like i cant make the rage gig in london :/

5. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

past few days have been horrible. moved home friday. spent friday night in stupid hotel. saturday was huuuuge thunderstorm. got a couple inches of rain over the weekend. sunday went and got the rest of my stuff to move back home. from 4pm till 10pm i was unpacking/organizing/throwing stuff out. monday from 12pm - 10pm i was unpacking/organizing/throwing stuff out.

today i started my job and it was somewhat decent. i was a little disappointed to find out that for the first few weeks i'll be working in the shop doing the manufacturing and crap like that. it makes sense to me of why i need to do it but its quite hard physical work.

tho once i've learned that stuff i will be getting my own computer to work on and create SOP's (standard operating procedures) and also do part designing.

but for now my job won't be too enjoyable.

also,,,,,,, i want you guizses opinion. when i was in college and would come home for the weekends my parents would sometimes ask me about school and i would tell them i didnt want to talk about it. i did that because if i did i would talk or think about school i would get a horrible feeling of anxiety and crap like that. so i avoided talking and thinking about school and i felt alot better.

anyways.. i am feeling the same feelings about work. when i dont think about it i am just fine. this was only my first day and during the day when i was working there it was okay. i was a little disappointed to be working in the shop but i talked to my boss at the end of the day and felt alot better about it. but once i got home and my parents start asking questions i just get that sudden anxiety feeling.

why is this happening? i dont understand. i think some of it is because i am very unsure of my future and what i am going to do with my life. but i dont know. when ive kept myself occupied this evening ive felt fine. so should i just continue to do that and not discuss my work with my parents? i know they care about me and want to know whats going on but i cant stand that feeling i get when i think about it and as i said it was the exact same as when i was in college and i got through a year of that just fine.

any help?

6. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Having never suffered from anxiety I can't say much to the rest of your post, but I would point out that any job where you're getting physical exercise outside the norm is an opportunity to jump on no matter how much you dislike it! I'm trying to make myself cycle to work as its only 2 miles. I really hate it. My legs hurt all the time. But its doing me some good - a couple weeks and I've lost half a stone. My point is - get stuck in and you will feel better about yourself; at least, I do. Perhaps that'll flow over into other things and help with the anxiety?

7. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

So had first load of tests...colonoscopy feels ****ing strange.

8. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

My (only) camera lens broke itself on a trip to Stockholm! All of a sudden it just started making noises and decided it hates zooming :(

Sigma DC 18-125 mm 1:3.8-5.6 HSM OS

9. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

fever, no sleep in 3 days, going from sweating to shivering in 20 seconds. Got to stay awake looking at a computer screen all day. I do enjoy my work, however, the days go a lot faster when high on e-numbers and there's a lot of projects. On the up side, I've started freelance web design/development and it's amazing how fast word has spread about it. Still, I'm still to make my own website but stuck doing others...though im not that fussed tbh. Task for tonight is designing business cards.

10. Mik3yB @ CCL

Mik3yB @ CCL Everything is not going to be OK

On of my sons has got Chickenpox. Uuuuurgh!

11. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Going to get kicked out of Univ for a second time. I suck at life.

12. unknowngamer

unknowngamer here

It's not so much a ruining.

Just a ball ache of a spirit crushing of a tedious job.

My 10 year 100GB random name and file MP3 collection needs sorting.

I've been at it 10 hours, and I've got about 15+ hours to go.

I need to edit all the ID3 tags, and rename most tracks.

It started off with just a random CD rip here and there, with no tagging.
    Now it's just a mess.
    I must have 300 tracks names "track 3"

Total screws up my ipod (I prefer my 5 year old acer 10gb for sound, but the 120gb classic with my car's & gyms Ipod docks makes it the winner)

Arse.

I hate it.

Need doing by this time tommorow, or my holliday will be screwed up by lack of music.

arse. buggeration. and F@*#.

13. Rezident

Rezident GFWL failed

nothing is ruining my life. Ok so there's some bad stuff (at least 50% of which is not even my own fault) but I've got my health, a job and I'm going on holidays on Friday. To Israel admittedly, if they let me in, just glad I'm not travelling by boat...

14. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Lost the JSA elections. Ah well life goes on.

15. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Joint Strike Agency?

16. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

what about the JCR elections?

anyways i have come to the conclusion that my life is pretty sucky.

I have lived in the same town my whole life (besides the past 9 months when i was in college), and have no friends here. All my real life friends live in another city an hour and half away from me. I see them once or twice a month. :(

Feels bad man...

17. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

what does JCR mean?

18. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Junior Statesman of America, bsically a debate club.

I'm only pissed since I was one of the few people always there and I got shafted.

19. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

Yet again, hurr durr Verizon. BBB got my complaint today, Exec Relations called today, I call back, and they quite some pilicy that doesnt exist and try to hand feed me their ********. Not too thrilled with them at the moment. They still wont acknowledge their own policies and credit me for the ETFs they charged me. Going to look at getting a lawyer soon.

20. knuck

knuck Hate your face

any news yet ?

why what did you (or did you not) do ?