1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News iPhone 4 issues reported

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 24 Jun 2010.

1. N19h7m4r3

N19h7m4r3 What's a Dremel?

Why do people call the new iPhone the 4G?

It's not a 4G phone and no where in any of it's documentation is it called 4G or stating it can use 4G.

It' just the iPhone 4, or better the new iPod Touch without any internet. Since it's can't make calls or use the net at the moment.
    It's a disgrace that you spend almost £500 on a phone and it won't even work as advertised, so you have to buy and bumper or case.

No one should stand for that, no matter how good it might be.

2. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

I agree, except for the 4g thing. I'm pretty sure it can do 4g, that was largely the point of the upgrade.

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

the point of upgrade are: speed, display, camera, and new external design.

4. macpac7

macpac7 What's a Dremel?

5. MylesGood

MylesGood What's a Dremel?

Picture quality and screen clarity are excellent but after 1 week the persistent network loss makes the iPhone 4 fatally flawed. It really isn't the way it's held. The phone drops the network whilst it is in my pocket and cannot cope with changes of transmitter signal. As I drive 65 miles each day in relatively open but well masted country the signal comes and goes as the phone rests on the passenger seat with nothing touching the metal case band . Any attempt to use 3G internet connections is thwarted as the phone searches for signal and gets stuck in a refresh loop. All this for £45 each month to O2 and it is not as though I can reject it and ask for my old 3G sim to be reactivated and recover the unlimited data contract. All a huge disappointment after a perfect iphone classic followed by a 3G and so much other Apple kit that works perfectly. Difficult to see how Apple and O2 can remedy the problem. Maybe it's a rogue sim but I doubt it. I suspect I need a PAC to keep my number and take a new 3GS contract with another network.

6. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

Latest news is that Apple has told their staff not to give out free bumpers to fix the issue. Items that cost less than a pound to make ...

7. applenomore

applenomore What's a Dremel?

Dropped calls on Iphone 4

I had the Iphone 4 for 2 days and im sorry to say it was a nightmare. I'm left handed and everytime i made a call the signal dropped and i lost the connection. Apple told me to hold the phone differently or buy a bumper. I was so upset and angry that i sent the phone back and got a full refund. My advice would be certainly don't buy it until they come up with a new model :grr:

Tags: Add Tags