1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics HD5970 'Fixed all problems with latest official BIOS' (Added latest vBIOS in post #1)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44432, 7 Apr 2010.

1. JAMMUR

JAMMUR OMG

Hi,

Flashed my card without any problems so the 3D clocks are now 950/1200 and the 2D clocks are 157/300. It lasted only 5 mins while I was watching a video on youtube. I downloaded MSI Afterburner and got the voltages at 1.2 and 1.1 and it still crashes !! Any ideas ? I also edited the 2D clocks again to 400/1010 still to no avail :wallbash:

It's really frustrating and I can't even access a game to try the 3D clocks out but get the black screen and fan at 100%

Thanks

JAMMUR

2. ElGreco

ElGreco What's a Dremel?

Hi,

obviously you have used the WRONG vBios! Actually maybe you used the pre-overclocked bios while you should use the "simple" bios found on page 1 like I did!

With that (correct bios) you have 2d clocks of 157/300 and 3d clocks of 735/1010... nothing to do with 950/1200!!!

Be careful or you will damage your card. Do yourself a favor and read this thread carefully especially page 1 and the comments I have included within this thread regarding the procedure I followed for my XFX 5970BE.

Will be happy to help for anything else you may need.

Note: with the simple vBios I get the normal 2d clocks of 157/200 and 3d clocks of 735/1010. With the help of sapphire redline tool (that works with this bios) and voltage 1.1625 I managed to get 930/1250 rock stable (70% fan).

3. JAMMUR

JAMMUR OMG

Hi,

Once again thanks for you're help :thumb: I flashed with V126 so now I will flash with the one on page 1 and I will report back !

Thanks

JAMMUR

4. JAMMUR

JAMMUR OMG

OK flashed no problem so I will now install the 10.8 drivers, download the sapphire redline tool and hopefully no crashes !

JAMMUR

5. JAMMUR

JAMMUR OMG

Still the black screen and 100% fan !!:wallbash:

Drivers installed ok I applied the redline voltage and still the same damn thing !! Seems to be when in 2D mode all the time ! Any more suggestions ?:confused:

JAMMUR

6. ElGreco

ElGreco What's a Dremel?

BEFORE applying the new vbios you have to uninstall all ATI GPU related drivers from your PC. Have you done that?

If you read this thread thoroughly it says so, not only by using the simple uninstaller of CCC but also the driver sweeper!

EDIT: With the "normal" clocks bios you do NOT have to use the fan in manual 100% mode!

7. JAMMUR

JAMMUR OMG

Yes I done that before I installed the BIOS ! Also I put my processor (i7 920) back to default clocks and still nothing ! Do I need to change the vendor or put 2D clock speeds up ?

JAMMUR

8. ElGreco

ElGreco What's a Dremel?

So, to get it clear...

You uninstalled completely all ATI drivers, you removed all overclocks of your pc, reinstalled new vbios (in BOTH) cores, reinstalled ati drivers+CCC and at default 2s/3d clocks...
    ... you get BSOD? or stuck in 2d? or what?

Please let us know having done the above mentioned procedure when do you get "stuck"?

9. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Hi, sorry for the delay getting back to everyone!!

Anyhow, if you have done as instructed in post 1 and you are still getting problems, then it maybe your card that has the problem. So I would RMA it for another.

You could always try a fresh install of windows as a last resort before you send the card back.

Cheers,

Simon.

10. JAMMUR

JAMMUR OMG

Yea removed all drivers with driver sweeper which I always do ! Installed the BIOS in both cores, started windows, installed the 10.8 drivers it boots up no problem, now when I seem to watch a video say on youtube I get the card about to take off (100% fan) and a black screen going to the message No signal as if the card has crashed, not as soon as I watch a video btw i could maybe be half way through or sometimes I get to see a full one! also the green light remains on the back of the card. Should I maybe try putting the 2D clocks up ?

NOTE: I have had the card since April and it hardly done this at all, only seems to be with recent drivers !

JAMMUR

11. JAMMUR

JAMMUR OMG

Like I said it's been working no problem before so I will try more before an RMA! BTW can you tell me how you can use an nVidia card for Physx and an ATI for primary ? Seems that when I try to install nVidia drivers before it would not let me due to it not being my primary card! BTW it is an ASUS 8500GT.

Cheers

JAMMUR

12. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Are you using windows 7?

13. JAMMUR

JAMMUR OMG

Yea mate

14. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Read through this page with links to the files you need.

Clicky.

Cheers,

Simon.

Teelzebub likes this.
  15. JAMMUR

JAMMUR OMG

Cheers for the link !

JAMMUR

16. JAMMUR

JAMMUR OMG

What is the ATI RBE program ?

17. JAMMUR

JAMMUR OMG

Ok update ! I took my 5970 out of the PC altogether and I am currently running an 8500GT Nvidia for now, problem now is it seems to be doing the same thing slightly. I double click on an icon and bam! computer goes straight off !! What the hell causes that ?

JAMMUR

18. ElGreco

ElGreco What's a Dremel?

This is new data you give to us... what about a new clean install of windows?
    Note: Do NOT allow windows updater to update your graphics drivers!

Also keep in mind that this fix is out: (10-8b HotFix)
    http://support-prod.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATICatalyst108bHotfix.aspx

19. JAMMUR

JAMMUR OMG

Actually it doesn't happen anymore after I rebooted from installing the 8500 GT drivers. Sad to see the 5970 sitting on my table !! I cant exactly game with an 8500 GT either ! Tell me what does the hotfix do ?

Thanks

JAMMUR

20. JAMMUR

JAMMUR OMG

Well it happens on both hard drives with differant OS! Just as I am typing on my laptop I went to put a song on youtube and my computer turned itself off just like when the 5970 was in !! PSU related probably ? I have my PSU which is 1050w Cool Master plugged into an extension plug with lots of other plugs, does it possibly need its own socket ? My motherboard is the ASUS P6X58D and I have 6GB Corsair GT 2000Mhz RAM, CPU is watercooled along with RAM. I have 4 Hard drives running, just giving you this information incase it help's !

Thanks for your time

JAMMUR