1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

client outdated error, even with the code freshly downloaded from the site or the in browser option. any hints?

edit: apparently it's because the client updates itself, but the server doesn't. so the message really means the server is outdated, if i understand correctly.

2. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

can we test the old map on eithier stickeh's or DLs's server after this update to check that the old map still works?

3. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

4. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Hey0's mod requires an update after the minecraft server update.
    I've loaded the map into my server and it runs fine - no errors in un-raring here.

5. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

:lol::hehe:

6. Canon

Canon Reformed

So can anyone manually update the server?

7. Rat1sully

Rat1sully At Least Skt478 Never Broke

no this is multiplay you get used to it after a while

8. Toka

Toka Minimodder

Hey dudes :)

Just thought id pop in and say Thank You for pointing out minecraft :)

Lots more fun than Civ V :)

9. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Typically i give out the ip to anyone who asks, if they have been on bit-tech for a certain period of time, i hold bit-tech'ers in a good light and we also have some where to bash them if they do a bad deed on the server, well at least tell them what they are doing is wrong.

While it is suspicious for a new user to ask for the IP i would not guess it as unheard of, as i know this site has plenty of guests or lurkers, i for one was one of them for a period of time!

The IP is being withheld from you not indefinately but until you have spent some time on bit-tech, not just increasing your post count (as such a thing is easy to do) but staying around on bit-tech and being helpful towards our community.

I apologise that the above was not clearly stated to you on your original request, but it is a system in place to protect our minecraft server and the users creations.

If you wish to discus this further (anyone) please PM me, i don't want this thread to be debating a users access, and would request everyone to return to minecraft, and server related natter.

Yours forever, Regards,
    Stick

10. Canon

Canon Reformed

Is it fixed yet? :miffed:

11. Stickeh

umpa lump doopedy do,
    ive got a little puzzle for you,
    you have the ip you can check it real quick,
    if not go ask a guy they call stick

Canon likes this.
  12. Koggelmot

Koggelmot What's a Dremel?

Jap, I understand totaly, for one, i would have acted the same, because someting similar happened to me to on a server and i was ferious!So i will try to gain your trust, the right way

13. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Don't worry, i have no idea what a koggelmot is.

14. Canon

Canon Reformed

Are you finally coming to terms with Pearl Harbour....?

:nono:

15. Stickeh

me either :D

16. Koggelmot

Hehe,me neither, its just something that poped into my head, very random:p
    When do you think will minecraft finaly be finished, because Notch is busy with is since may 2009..
    Java was one of my programming subject, and to think of something like minecraft was awsome, that game has great potential, cannot wait until its finished!:hip:

17. Koggelmot

I admit it, I kinda acted a bit foolish myself, sorry guys

18. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Lol. Its kind of like the English saying yeah or yup for short. We say Ja or Jup for short.

19. Stickeh

Its not gonna be long till its in beta i would imagine, Notch has some incredible skill with Java (I too studied it at university and i'm AMAZED by what he has achieved) when he sits down and works on it he gets a hell of a lot done!

Also Kogglemot, can you combine your replies in future to save the double posts, its fairly easy to open new tabs / windows for replies and copy / paste the quotes across and answer all in one post :)

20. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Ah, well that explains it. Google was unable to find any referances to the word beyond a member on dream-in-code. So either you're sharing head-popping instances with someone else, or you have used it as a nick elsewhere before. Still, it does have something of a ring to it.

Well, Notch did state that he plans to go to beta by newyears, so possibly during 2011 the game might see release. Though then again, it might not. To be honest I'd rather he take his time and do it properly rather than rush towards release. Sure, it might mean some parts of the game will not work properly for a time, but to me, that's also part of Minecraft's charm.

Absolutely agree. It is a sandbox game in its purest form, and I'm sure not even it's divine creator could foresee the phenomenon it would grow into, nor what the various user communities would do with it.