1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 New GT5 thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by shigllgetcha, 25 Jun 2010.

1. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Yeah! In race saves would be great! Not so bothered about B-Spec now as once they are on the endurance races Bob wipes the floor with everyone else anyway. I can see how it may have been useful earlier on though!!

Also MORE TRACKS needed and maybe another set of Championships (not just seasonal events). I am collecting so many cars now and I want somewhere interesting to race them.

Lastly PD - Please, please, please let me buy tyres once I have selected a race!!!! This counts for online too - I hate having to quit out of a session just to go and buy tyres to put on the only car I have that meets the sometimes bizarre race requirements!

2. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Has anyone managed to do the Nascar championship in B-spec yet? I've tried all manner of different settings and I'm still finding it impossible (except for Indy, which he seems to win easily for some reason). My Bob is level 28 and he can win every other race easily including the FGT champsionship, but fails miserably with this one. The only thing I can think of is that he was in a down mood when I tired, does it make much difference whether you Bob in a down, up or neutral mood?

3. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

There was one race where I had to babysit Bob all the way through - 'increase pace' 'overtake' 'increase pace' etc - I think I only just won though. Bob was 'at level' at the time so I guess I must have been lucky. I had to do it several times though.

4. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

Just went to look this up after playing today's seasonal events

5. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

I stand corrected lol

There is a new one up atm I think

6. smoothie

smoothie What's a Dremel?

I wish I could use the Toyota 7 race car...

7. Kaiwan

Kaiwan Shinigami

You win it in like the wind.

8. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Anyone noticed that your pit crew insist on calling bob in on Suzuka 1000km to change from racing rain to racing hard? What's that all about? On racing hard he's all over the shop skidding hither and thither.

Argh! It's every single lap!

Last edited: 5 Mar 2011
  9. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

I noticed this
    In a "I had better check bob isnt doing something stupid" moment; he was doing something stupid!
    I told him to pit, he did, changed tyres... I went away, came back 10 minutes later, and he was skidding all over the place on hard tyres again.
    All the other cars were, so I just said screw it, and let him skid to his hearts content

10. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Yep, me too - I got fed up of trying to get Bob's pit crew to be sensible. Thankfully all the other AI pit crew are stupid too!

11. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

A slightly off the wall question...

Is there a way to skip music tracks while you are driving? I am currently playing my own playlist while driving and I have a number of tracks that have stupid 'white space' in them (from the time when artists used to put hidden tracks and then end of the last track after about 5 minutes silence). It's going to be too much hassle to find them and remove them, or split them into separate tracks.

12. smoothie

I wish I could use the toyota 7 race car in the new seasonal events is what I meant to say

13. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

dont think so...
    i think you can only create a new playlist with songs you want

14. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

That's a shame! I loaded enough mp3's to get me through the endurance races and it would have been good to skip etc. It would also be good to be able to change the volume of the race sounds and tne music in the pause menu! Oh well!

15. smoothie

Finished the 24 hours of le mans last night. One more race to go, but it's a long way to level 40 in a-spec

16. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Well done mate - that must have been a bit of a slog! I am going to wait until they implement the in race save before I try those - there is no way I can do it in one sitting and we get too many power cuts here to risk doing it over several days - I would never finish it!

I did the 4 hour Nurburgring yesterday - I swear that the grass on that track is magnetic! I did about 24 laps and not one of them was clean! It was in the Red Bull though.

17. smoothie

I made the mistake of using the Formula Gran Turismo for the 4 hr 'ring race. I should have used the X1. The FGT is so wild compared to even the Ferrari F2007 (which you can't use in A-spec or B-spec :miffed:) when using the controller.

You really don't need to play it in one sitting. If you don't mess around you can take 6 or 7 hours off during Le Mans if you're using the X1. I went to the gym for 3 hours while the car was parked and the clock was running and didn't pause it to take meal breaks, etc., but I did pause it when I went out and to bed, because I played it over the course of two days.
    EDIT: About power cuts: I was going to pause it again and finish it after working on Monday, but I checked the weather and it was "WINDY, RAIN, THUNDER SHOWERS" and my block basically ALWAYS loses power if the weather acts up that way, so I just stayed up an extra 2 hours to finish it early monday morning.

Also, I must amend my previous post, as I have not yet attempted the Formula Gran Turismo World Championship seriously. I'm either going to borrow a wheel or rely on ambitious setups to win it with a controller. I did a few "feeler" laps without completing the races, and I think I might be able to manage it. 20 laps per race; plenty of time for me to catch the AI even if they take off on me for the first couple laps.

18. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

The FGT World Championship is quite easy this time around. It's definitely not as hard as it was in GT4.

The AI cars have one major flaw - they start each race using the same type of tyres that they used on the last lap of the previous race. Since the weather can change, you're basically guaranteed a win if you notice that the previous race was dry but the next one is wet, and change tyres accordingly before the race starts.

19. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I found the FGT championship a piece of cake with the controller (I needed to bump the TC up to 8 though), and I often lapped the entire field by the end of the race even when the AI cars didn't pit to change tyres.

20. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Wow - have they nerfed it in an update? I tried it a while back and could only manage 12th! I found that once I crashed that was it - I never saw any of the other cars again! I am going to give it another go I think - Other than the 9 &24 hour races, it's the only one I have not completed.