1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 New GT5 thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by shigllgetcha, 25 Jun 2010.

1. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I don't know, I only tried it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I found I had to get the balance of the driving aids right first though - I find the FGT to be a little hard to control out of the corners with the TC set to 5, so I set it to 10 and I couldn't get the power down at all out of the corners. Somewhere in between (7-8) is a good balance, and I think I also turned on ASM (or whatever it's called). Apart from that the only thing I changed was the gear ratios by top speed for each race and I was able to win easily. The trick is not to crash though ;)

2. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Got the X2010 through bronzing the Challenge. Those lowered times really do help, but my lord that thing is fast and incredibly hard to drive.

The FGT, once suspension tuned is excellent. Although stock it handles quite similar to a 1980s F1 Car I'd assume.

Throttle control with TCS to 0 and no other aids is actually quite fun.

3. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Well, I have tried and tried and tried today in the Formula GT Championship and I cannot get any higher than 12th place (and mostly I get lapped by the end). That car is just a pig to drive! It's going to be the only one I don't complete I think. The thing is, after the first lap, on the start/finish straight all the other cars just sail past me like I am standing still, after that I just get further and further behind. Anyway, by the end I was close to throwing my steering wheel in the bin so I am not going to try it again!

Oh well.

4. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

The shameful thing for me is that my b-spec bob sailed through the FGT Championship and, like you, I can't seem to get anywhere doing it myself in a-spec. Need more powahh!

5. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

Built a 245bhp AE86 for the 80's seasonal event, great little car. been keeping bob busy this weekend

6. Elton

For those with FGT woes, just try getting Racing softs, and look up a good tune on GTPlanet for it.

Stock it's a monster to handle, but it's much more tame once you get it suspension tuned.

A body rebuild helps a bit too after 1000km, unless it's new.

7. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Anyone doing the GT Academy?

I've just done about 10 laps, I'm 3670 position in the UK, 10 seconds behind the leader. Dang. :D

8. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

A few small changes in a new update 1.10

The championship save thing and the extra credits for the online events will get me playing alittle more

Last edited: 8 Jun 2011
  9. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

New update has brought some life back into GT5 :D

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

ive yet to fire up my PS3 to update it, does the AI actually FIGHT now or is it still a case of finding the winning car?

11. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Might have a go over the weekend - not played for a couple of months - it needs more tracks really (and not those pony ones they made with their 'track editor'!!).

12. Elton

I stopped playing, only because my file got erased with all my user data. I might consider picking this back up when I have the heart to after losing a cool 400 cars and a bunch of challenges.

13. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I played only once in the past 4 months. Sad, really

14. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Recently picked it up again. After having used a G25, a controller just doesn't feel right!

15. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I've not been on it much either.

I really think GT5 hasn't lived up to what it should have been. When GT4 came out, that's all I did.

I think some of it is the lack of real tracks, as I loved Forza 3, and played that a lot more than GT5.
    But also, the lack of events, I've pretty much just got the endurance races left in GT5. Whereas GT4, with its manufacturer races took me a lot more time to get to 90% completion.

The customisation features seem too lacking as well after playing Forza 3. And they're not even very realistic. Forzas customisation stuff works well, and changes based on which car it is, so the older ones don't have ECU stuff, its all carb upgrades.

And another thing that annoys me in GT5 is trying to get some powersliding going. The force-feedback just doesn't feel right, it feels back to front to me. I seem to wind on some opposite lock to correct the slide, and it seems to make it spin more and faster.

Just finished making this, got the seat for £20. A lot more comfortable than my old desk chair, :D
    [​IMG]

16. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

The only way i can drift in GT5 is with the controller, ive caught a few slides with the wheel but its very hit and miss

Just won the supercar seasonal with a tuned NSX, thats that paid for lol Very interesting race

The seasonals are about the best part of the game, alot more challenging than a spec

One thing that bugs me about the game, you could race the same grid 20 times on the same track and every time the same car will come first

I dont know if its a placebo effect but i think the AI is alot better at overtaking, i even thought one was blocking me last night

17. biseydaha

biseydaha What's a Dremel?

I'm also getting a PS3 just for this game. Any suggestions on which wheel should I get?

18. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

depends on budget mate?

19. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Played for the first time in ages at the weekend. Have to say that the update is great - makes it the game it should have been. I especially like the fact you can buy upgrades before a race now without having to go all the way out to the menu!

Still wish there were more tracks though...

20. DaveBC

DaveBC What's a Dremel?

Have you seen the post on GT Planet where there are real life track logos stored on the GT5 remote racing servers? Logos of tracks which aren't even in the game!

I went to go play online today but the servers were down :( Just my luck...