1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Competition Win NZXT cases and power supplies

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 28 Mar 2011.

1. McSteel

McSteel Shape Memory Alloy

I think this will be more of a cheap marketing research ;)

2. Skibo1219

Skibo1219 Brains...the other white meat.

Im tired of being forced to use Facebook for contests and other stuff, I am officially boycotting Facebook and its anti-privacy policy and anyone business that uses it for contests. If you all dont like someone watching over your shoulder at everything you do, then stop using facebook.
    I like NZXT but their use of facebook only contests is bullsh*t

3. rowin4kicks

rowin4kicks a man walked into a bar ...

done!

edit. should win cos its my 1000th post!

4. veato

veato I should be working

"Your personal information will be used as set out in our privacy notice. Submitting your details indicates your consent, until you choose otherwise, that we and our partners may contact you about products and services that will be of relevance to you via direct mail, phone, e-mail and SMS. You can opt-out at ANY time via the web or email."

It should be an option to opt out BEFORE you press submit. Just like every other site I've been on.

5. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

This isn't a Facebook contest...

6. slothy89

slothy89 MicroModder

7. kzinti1

kzinti1 What's a Dremel?

Since the United States citizens are excluded, along with any other citizen of Earth, except the United Kingdom, then the least NZXT could do is to only sell their products to U.K. citizens.
    If the rest of this planet isn't good enough to enter their contest then we certainly aren't up to snuff when it comes to purchasing their wares.
    I just LOVE the way these types of igmo's, including U.S and other countries sites, enjoy shooting themselves in their own wallets! If a company wants to be part of the Global Economy then there should be no prejudism in excluding any single person on Earth from their promotions.

8. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

uugh didn't see the only UK residents thing until after I entered =/ oh well. And for all you people complaining about the region limitation I live in Hawaii. Even if the competition said it was open to the US there's a good chance that it would only be open to those in the continental US. Region specificity also gives those who can enter a better chance to win. If it were completely open to the world and they gave away *one* first place and *one* second place prize the chances of each entrant winning would plummet to near 0. As it is even with just the UK the chances of winning are near 0 for each entrant. You wouldn't want it to be any worse if you were one of those who could enter. Also remember this is a UK forum so it's obvious that stuff would be more UK centric.

Last edited: 29 Mar 2011
  9. Xir

Xir Modder

Same here.
    I was so happy it wasn't a Facebook/Twitter only competition, I didn't see that.

On th page of the competition it doesn't say it's UK only, but that's because the best thing is hidden here though: Terms and conditions
    "Competitions open to UK residents only, unless otherwise stated." ;)

10. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Out of the goodness of it's heart NZXT has updated this competition so that it's now enterrable by bit-tech readers from UK, Europe and USA and Canada.

Enjoy and good luck.

11. Roboduck

Roboduck 01110001 01110101 01100001 01100011

YAY! :clap:

Thanks!

12. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

Wow that's awesome :D. Question though. If I entered before this update do I need to enter again?

13. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

You shouldn't have to, unless the address you entered was outside the UK, but TBH I don't know for sure.

14. TBear-(DK)-

TBear-(DK)- What's a Dremel?

Nice! so if i win and live in Denmark, i have to pay for shipping or what?

15. McSteel

McSteel Shape Memory Alloy

Who cares? It will be a fraction of the original price, and NZXT makes some really good stuff! :)
    If the shipping price, if any, proves to be too much for you, you can always forfeit/decline the reward and it will be offered to someone else.

16. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Yeahhh, thanks Bit-Tech and NZXT.

17. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

WOOT THANK YOU BIT-TECH for changing the requirements ^_^ *hugz* all I really need out of that is either of the NZXT HALE90 PSU as the white design and flat ribbons would go great with a project Im working on... by the way once I am closer to finishing thats when I will post the work log ^_^

18. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

Now that is a company that listens to it's customers :clap:

19. bob_lewis

bob_lewis Lurker extraordinaire

YAY! A competition I can enter! I am besides myself! I'm gonna go lie down for a while...

Edit: Thanks Bit-Tech and NZXT!

20. slothy89

slothy89 MicroModder

Still no love for your Australian or NewZealand cousins.. :(

Tags: Add Tags