1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Fat, Ugly or Slutty?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 20 Jun 2011.

1. Her-Indoors

Her-Indoors What's a Dremel?

My experience is the above. I've played City of Heroes MMORPG (US version) for the last seven years and never once have I been abused or villified because of my gender - I'm a female gamer so can speak from personal experience. I'm not only female but a pensioner as well (70) and never experienced ageism either. I don't try to hide either my gender or my age - I too use a mic some of the time so there is no hiding I'm female. What do I do that other females don't, I really can't say because I don't know. I've always been treated with the utmost respect and treat others likewise. In my experience there are a lot of females that play City Of Heroes and I've never heard any of them complain about being abused or harassed because of their gender. I saw and read the article in June's CPC by Joe Martin about online sexism and was prompted to start a thread on these forums, one of the reasons I joined. I was really happy to find that a thread about the issue had been already started and thankful I could add my thoughts and my own experiences to it.

Teelzebub likes this.
Tags: Add Tags