Gaming Fat, Ugly or Slutty?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 20 Jun 2011.

1. Her-Indoors

Her-Indoors What's a Dremel?

My experience is the above. I've played City of Heroes MMORPG (US version) for the last seven years and never once have I been abused or villified because of my gender - I'm a female gamer so can speak from personal experience. I'm not only female but a pensioner as well (70) and never experienced ageism either. I don't try to hide either my gender or my age - I too use a mic some of the time so there is no hiding I'm female. What do I do that other females don't, I really can't say because I don't know. I've always been treated with the utmost respect and treat others likewise. In my experience there are a lot of females that play City Of Heroes and I've never heard any of them complain about being abused or harassed because of their gender. I saw and read the article in June's CPC by Joe Martin about online sexism and was prompted to start a thread on these forums, one of the reasons I joined. I was really happy to find that a thread about the issue had been already started and thankful I could add my thoughts and my own experiences to it.

Teelzebub likes this.
Tags: Add Tags