1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Where can I find the mounting dimensions of mac pro motherboards?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by novaris, 19 Jan 2012.

1. novaris

novaris What's a Dremel?

hi all,

I've been stuck while modding the mac pro as I wanted to re use the mac pro's mounting holes to mount a motherboard tray that will hold a matx motherboard at the same time.

so far I've been resorting to using crude methods to "reconcile" the difference in mounting holes (mac pro's and matx's) and I am hoping I can use a more accurate method of doing so.

the plan is to use the relative positions and distance of the mounting holes to laser cut a template made from acrylic sheets then cut matx mounting holes on the same sheet.

can anyone help on this matter?

or does anyone have a spoilt mac pro logic board for sale somewhere? cheapest on ebay is still too expensive because they are in good working condition.

2. Big_malc

Big_malc Minimodder

3. novaris

novaris What's a Dremel?

4. novaris

novaris What's a Dremel?

anyone/??????

5. Attila

Attila still thinking....

Try one of the Apple forums. Lots more apple users there I would imagine. :)

6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

From the sounds of things you've already taken it apart, so why not just measure it yourself? Measure every distance and make a simplle diagram of them, then measure everything again to make sure. If you have any differences, measure it again. You can't be too careful!

Also you might want to take measurements at different times of the day, as the distances will change slightly as the materials expand and contract with the changing temperatures.