TV Shows Anyone else excited about this? (Game of Thrones)

Discussion in 'General' started by Pookeyhead, 18 Jun 2010.

1. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Hell yes, I agree that "the moment" was really spectacular. I'll watch that episode again just for that part alone.

2. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

I also laughed at the threat "Any man dies with a clean sword and I'll rape his corpse!" and considering who said it, I believe him.

Bronn had some great moments as usual.

3. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

I particularly liked this line: "There are brave men outside those gates. Lets go out there and killl them!", but nothing tops Bronn's reply about his nose. ;)

Final episode next week is 70+ mins long. They couldn't pack it all in the normal running time. :)

4. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

*so* excited for the finale.

5. mkb

mkb Minimodder

Am I the only one who thought ydays episode was completely anti-climactic. Apart from *the* moment I thought the entire scale of the battle was very weak idd. The fighting was gd ofc, cleaving ppl in two etc but generally i see it as possibly the weakest episode yet :(

6. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Any large battle costs alot of money hence why it was small, it definetly could have done with a few hundred more extras outside the gates or even a bit of cgi to add some numbers.

Episode was not bad, its proably one of the better ones so far, the previous epsiode was a bit boring but was just setting everything up for this episode.

7. October

October Mariachi Style

'The' moment was the first thing I was part of on set :D IIRC there were about 300 extras the two nights the battle was filmed, at roughly £130 each per night you can see why there weren't more...

Pretty epic episode all told, also hard to beat seeing your name in the credits for the first time :rock:

Very interested to see how it's all wrapped up, afaik I didn't see any of episode 10 being filmed apart from 1 scene that I just happened to walk past on my last day. Gonna be nice to not know what's coming!

8. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Wow congrats October!!!

9. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

This is a forum, not a text message. Text speak is not welcome here. :nono:

10. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Really enjoyed this weeks episode, only watched it last night. Funnily enough apparently George himself wrote that episode which happened to be the best one of the series so far in my opinion.

11. GreatOldOne

Here's a list of the characters that will be appearing in Season 3:

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/21515/new-game-of-thrones-season-3-characters-revealed

Mance Rayder
    Daario Naharis
    Jojen Reed; Meera Reed
    Edmure Tully
    Ser Brynden Tully
    Lady Selyse Florent
    Shireen Baratheon
    Olenna Redwyne
    Beric Dondarrion
    Thoros of Myr
    Tormund Giantsbane

So the Reeds do make an appearance - just not at Winterfell. I guess Bran will meet up with them on the way north. And if the Tully clan finally turn up, we'll be off to Riverrun. I do hope that now we've been treated to 'The Rains of Castamere', we'll get something bit more upbeat next season - 'The Bear and the Maiden Fair', anyone? :)

12. SonnyJim

SonnyJim Minimodder

That's seriously awesome.

13. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Very cool, October! Amazing to be a part of an epic series, no matter how small of a part. ;)

Looking forward to episode ten. The effects for *the* moment were well done. My daughter came over to watch since she doesn't have HBO and I could hear her whooping in the other room.

I read all five books and am trying to limit my thoughts to overall themes as related to the show, so as not to be disappointed by details changed or omitted for brevity and story flow. There really is so much that it is clear not everything can be covered in only ten episodes per season.

Curious how they will do shooting for Season Three considering Kit Harington (Jon Snow) is committed to playing the role of King Arthur in a new movie. The casting this season has been stellar, as is the acting.

14. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

So what did everyone think of the season finale, i was suprsied they missed a few things out but as always it leaves it on a cliff hanger.

15. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

I watched the finale twice!

16. xXSebaSXx

xXSebaSXx Minimodder

I want that little red dragon for a pet... :D

I'm really tempted to get the books and start reading them as this story is captivating enough, but I don't know if I should just wait now that I've been spoiled by the TV series... Same problem I have with The Walking Dead... I have all the comics on my PC, but stopped at book 19 because that's where the series is at the moment and I really don't want to spoil the surprises.

Maybe it's just me, but I find myself only caring for two characters on GOT... For me; it's just about Tyrion and Daenerys... And what happens to them and those closer to them. I could care less if that little child/king Joffrey gets mauled by rabbid dogs, but seeing Tyrion rally the troops for the final battle on the last episode had me a the edge of my seat for sure.

17. GreatOldOne

Brilliant episode - Dany drops the spoilt princess routine and acts like the mother of dragons for once this season.

Sam discovered the dragon glass earlier in the season - and now he's seen the white walkers - especially the mounted one. Is that coldhands? And if so, is it benjen stark?

Nice seeing Drogo once more.

Dragons!!

Jaquen's transformation was handled well - I didn't think they where going to show that, as he shows Arya his trick back at harrenhall in the books.

Brienne rocks - and you can see Jamie realising that she is a kick ass warrior.

Mance Rayders camp looked suitably enormous. I just hope we get to see mammoths and giants next season.

18. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

I am getting the books. I need to know the end

19. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

There is no end, currently. Still waiting for books to be released!

20. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

OK.. so I am up to episode 9 now, and what i can say so far:
    Slooooow start to the season. It's politics and meh all the way up to the dragons getting stolen.
    Episode 9 is where stuff goes down for real-real.
    The CG in the Episode 9 scene is NAFF! Big 'splosion, and then passed through a green-filter in photoshop...

Tyrion Lannister is still the best character in the series.
    They made Geoffrey too unlikeable. How far out of their way can they go to make the point of "this dude's a little twit... and EVOL!"...

And no, I haven't read the books.