1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Ordering from Overclockers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by will_123, 28 Jun 2012.

1. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Just noticed they are cheaper than SCAN for a lot of things should i go for them when ordering my new build or should stick with tried and tested SCAN...?

Anybody got any advise regarding them...? Never ordered from them before just want to know if anything needs returned wont be a mega hassle.

Thanks
    Bill

2. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

I had some ram arrive without problems :)

3. Williz

Williz Minimodder

Have placed many orders with them, no issues. I usually use Aria, Komplett, scan and Overlockers. Sometimes Microdirect and Lambda-tek (Lambda can have random very cheap prices)

4. TMhat

TMhat frupsie bumsies

I've never had a problem with Overclockers. Against the forum trend I seem to always get issues with Scan - with lack of stock when it says something is in stock...additionally Mastercard seem to block every order with them and I have to telephone through clearance.

5. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Overcockers only become a problem when you need to return goods or if you're buying B grade from them I've had some really bad experiences with them, as have some other members on this forum.

Good luck

Apophis54 and Shirty like this.
  6. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I have had one problem. They had a change in the warehouse and I ordered a whole mix of stuff. I paid for next day delivery but 4 days later they still hadn't shipped my order.

I complained and they refunded the shipping and gave me some free stuff worth £40~.

Aside from that they took back my 680s in exchange for 670 4GBs without any fuss.

Overall they are very good and its only price that decides whether I order from Scan or OC's

Apophis54 likes this.
  7. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Thanks. Think ill go for it with them.

Bill

8. jbloggs

jbloggs What's a Dremel?

Just to add to the above, I've bought a lot of stuff of them over the years, have had to return a few of things that I've had a problem with, but never had any issues returning them and getting a quick positive outcome...

9. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

Overclockers is fine to buy from

10. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Whether you have problems is pot luck. As Teel said, B-grade is a nightmare worth avoiding, and there have been many reports of issues with returns.

I've bought a few bits from them over the years when they've been cheapest and never had any issues, but they wouldn't be my first choice. Also if "Spie" is still involved in the firm in any way I disagree with his ethical views to the point that I'd only use the company as a last resort. He makes dwarfer look like a lefty liberal!

:hehe:

Apophis54 likes this.
  11. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I've had enough problems that about 6 or 7 years I swore never to buy from them again. Ever. I never will. I know plenty of other who're the same.

12. suragh

suragh Derp

Bought all my LED lighting from Overclockers, they even threw in a bag of sweets. As for the the delivery process everything was fine. :D

13. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I've mostly heard issues about their returns rather than their sales - I've bought the odd small thing from them no problems (braided cable extensions etc)

14. Jordw

Jordw What's a Dremel?

Never had any problems with Overclockers and like you see are cheaper on quite a few items, especially hardware. I bought a new pc from their last week, including one of their overclocked bundles and it's great :) I find Scan are generally cheaper for peripherals, though.

15. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

I buy from scan and overclockers as i have free delivery.

16. echo three

echo three What's a Dremel?

i split my last build over the two getting graphics card and cooler from themas Scan was out of stock, got the rest of the system from scan as it was a fair bit cheaper