1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

You could just add one of us, heaven forbid we'd see your bf3 profile page.

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

How big is your monitor? I used to have a 24" ZR24W, and that was great, I didn't even need to really move my eyes to see it (spider sense tingling). However, believe me, by the time you've looked all the way down to the corner of a 30" display and back up again, you are dead.

Also, the guy is using a 24" by the look of it, so its far more 'in your face' than it is on a 30" where I have twice the amount of pixels on the rest of the screen (that is, essentially the problem, the minimap doesn't scale with resolution)

Problem with this is that in M mode its 'just' a map. Yes lots of info, but most importantly, it doesn't swing round depending on orientation, so you can't tell which way you are facing unless you really stare hard at the arrow.

3. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Good points! I'm using a 24" so that makes sense.. FoV of 80 only as well..

4. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Nice that you can now change your loadouts on Battlelog, not just in-game.

5. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Oooo had not noticed that - nice feature that! Thanks for heads up

/runs off to bodge up my loadout :D

6. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Been having problems where BF3 ctd's when I try to fire up a server, seemingly it was Xfire that was causing the issue but I'm not totally sure.

One problem possibly solved and now punkbuster keeps kicking me for bull**** reasons.

Manually update and still getting the same issues.

7. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Finally, that always seemed like the most obvious thing for Battlelog to do, couldn't figure out why it didn't.

I've now got plenty of patches to download and new stuff to get used to... converted a friend from playing on the 360 to the PC and am getting back into it.

8. Achilleas.k

Achilleas.k Minimodder

I just noticed the loadouts in Battlelog myself. Finally! Always felt like it was something that should have been in since day-1.
    Better late than never I suppose.

EDIT: Right. Found the first big mistake in the loadout screen. They list things that are unique to each side as different weapons (e.g., RPG and SMAW). Of course, they are different weapons, but couldn't they have just had one icon which shows both to avoid confusion? It's especially messy when you select, say the initial Russian support weapon and when you join US you get the initial US support weapon, even though you unlocked each starter weapon for the opposite team.

Last edited: 9 Aug 2012
  9. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Oh? I need to get on, haven't played in a few days.

10. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

Watching a security Huey circling around Weymouth bay made me want to pull out some RPGs, obviously one for the disable and one for the destroy.

I think I may be getting withdrawal symptoms? :D

11. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I miss my Borderlands buddy. :hehe: In BF3 my aim has improved thanks to doing insta-gib snipers on TDM. Snap Shots Cheesecake.

12. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

My appologies for tonights rage lads. I guess it's becoming blatantly obvious that the only time I'm not raging is if I'm playing with you guys on the same team on another server rather than against and 5 v 5 or even 8 v 8. I'll still join mumble (oh noeees), but I'll probably stay off the cpc server unlesss it's already full, or stick around to see if anyone feels like going on a 64 man etc. I do understand that my raging brings the mood down as others have said, so yeah. I do appologise. Catch you guys tomorrow.

13. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I think everyone seemed to be a bit bitchy yesterday. It's why I left a little earlier than usual, couldn't be arsed to listen to the BS, whining and bitching at each other that was going on. It's infectious..

We need to be quicker balancing up the teams so that everyone can have some fun and a all round hard game with a - hopefully - satisfying scoreline.

14. Lassar

Lassar Lean Mean Fighting Machine !

NO worries rotty... like digi said think it was the time of the month for a few of us.... *group hug*

15. Lassar

Lassar Lean Mean Fighting Machine !

I need my wingman back !

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I am sorry for the abuse i gave last night, with being treated like an idiot on VM support forum and system issues. Doesn't justify anything.

17. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Dom, if you need IT help, just grab me on mumble fella.

And as for lightening the tone here, I had a blast last night on Firestorm. Jihad Jeeps with roars of "lalalalalala" across Mumble as the tank was taken out... Hilarious! :D

18. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Fixed my issues with my system. Firmware update sorted SSD problems.

Think my mother is calling VM today sorting out our internet issues.

Though my connection is rock solid.

19. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

Haha Phalanx that was a funny moment tbh xD Also to explain my disapearance last night and other nights in the past (and to explain future ones) Generally if I go and dont come back as you all likely know my web is pretty **** at the moment just cuts out randomly.. so when it goes sometimes I just cba going back on and last night was one of those times.. ended up finishing off my Senior year on NCAA 13 RTG.

20. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

From now on, anytime you hear the warcall from last night, assume I am engaging in semi (or fully!)-based suicide shenanigans!