1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

This is only partially true. I would argue that a good FPS'er should be able to consistently perform well no matter what the map. When I get 50-20 on Metro for example; there has to be guys getting 20-50 so not everyone can just go and 'farm' it if they have no skill or consistency of skill to even it out.

Asides, I've had 77-20 and 62-9 on 2 Gulf of Oman maps the last 2 nights, that ain't a slower K/D for a vechile map, it's rare I pull over 2.0 for Metro in k/d as there is so much random fire going on and I don't like grenade spamming.

I'm having a reasoned discussion here! But yes, trolling such a good thread is a crime and we need to keep the positivity rolling.. :)

2. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

No different from CPC. You've got a few good players, so have we. Only difference is we don't sit there and go on and on about how we got a knife kill, or a high kill streak on a server with automagically repairing vehicles.

About the only person at the moment who ZiiP truly respect in a vehicle is Telltale, and even then, because he acknowledges the difference between the modes. :thumb:

(you were saying?)

3. Digi

I demand respect immediately! :lol:

I taught Telltale everything he knows.. :worried:

Alright, alright.. I'll come get owned on ZiiP server sometime soon.. :thumb:

4. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Don't get me wrong Digi. I've got nothing but respect for the people I play with regularly, not just ZiiP, so that's all the CPC guys I've got to know over the last month or so. However I'm a bit fed up of the whole normal/hardcore argument now, as are a lot of ZiiP, which is why myself and NaloaC are about the only ones who post here anymore. It' grates, and we have better things to do.

I play both modes, which is why I'm probably the closest to a liaison between the two groups of gamers, but even then, it's a constant one-upmanship that starts to grind after a time.

5. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Pffff I've played on the Zip server, and what you call playing tactically, I call using cover 80% of the time. I don't recall going on and on about a knife kill, and because I enjoyed last nights game, that means I go on and on? Regardless while you say HC mode means more team work, I've yet to see that in practice on the times I've been on the zip server, or other hc servers. On another random note, I lol'ed real hard that one day I was on your server, only two squads available, squad leader was a recon, taking long range shots from up in the hills (davamand peak first mcom), and didn't have a spawn beacon down. Needless to say I gave up playing there after I raged at the guy on teamspeak for not doing the most elemenatary thing. The rest of the team was hardly pushing for the mcoms either. Maybe just a one off occurance, but when a game relies so heavily on the squad leader PTFO'ing, it makes it a real piss take when you get one bad apple. Could be a case of me taking the game too seriously though that time, who knows.

troll attempt succeeded ;)

Last edited: 7 Aug 2012
  6. Digi

Understood. It's easy to see why it would get irritating. I've always tried to weigh in with a balanced opinion as I've played both modes in various games going back over the last 13 years and they both have their pluses and minuses.

As I've said previously though, each to their own, you play what you prefer and if you have fun doing it, that's the end of the story! :)

I enjoy some hardcore now and again, we should try a hardcore evening one of these days.

7. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

So what say you cpc, zip server tonight? :D

8. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Well, whenever you're up for it Digi, give me a holler and I'll be sure to be server-side to say hello. No doubt others will turn up. Most are rather enthralled with DayZ or the new Minecraft update at the moment. :)

I'm actually playing normal mode a little bit at the moment, though only for TDM due to easier knifekills. :D

Greg, I'll only reply once to that incident and topic in general. I was on Teamspeak that evening on Damavand Peak, and rarely have I ever encountered such rude, abusive and argumentative behaviour during a game that was, at the time, populated with around 6 players per team. You were crass, abusive and generally killing the mood for the entire round for those playing. I know the player you are referring to and he is a decent player, though he rarely takes a squad leader role.
    Instead of insulting and raging at people, why not ask politely, rather than yelling on TS and in-game chat? Yes, you had asked and he hadn't put one down, but you then reverted to your abusive behaviour and he promptly stayed quiet as a direct result of that.
    Frankly, we don't appreciate, tolerate, or welcome that kind of behaviour from anyone, be they ZiiP, CPC or random pubber.

Like with many CPC players (though I can only state this based on the posts that are made here on the forums), when proper communication is being made by the members within a squad/team, that squad/team tend to steamroll through objectives. Happens daily when people play well.
    We play for fun, not to get angry over somebodys oversight of an objective.
    /response.

Telltale's response to flying in Hardcore was beyond comical when he jumped on a few evenings :D

Last edited: 7 Aug 2012
  9. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

oooh, that old chestnut of HC vs normal. it wasn't me this time, honest........

:lol:

10. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

^^ Hehe. I think you and I have re-hashed enough times over the topic to know to leave it alone :D

11. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

I concur.

Offtopic: Have you caught any buses lately?

:lol::D

12. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

[QUOTE='[ZiiP] snip
    [/QUOTE]

Whatever man, I asked once, and once was enough. Not my fault you guys are half a sleep. You guys clearly play BF3 the same way you play chess. Like old ladies.

13. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Had a few rounds of HC TDM last night just for the lols.

And for aim practice, gotta get my insta-gib action on again! Speaking of which, HC Conquest is quite fun. A bit more difficult with the air vehicles, but still a ton of fun. Plus, it's one of the few times I can be sneaky with a Tank. Also, I have no idea how good I am at this game anymore purely because with or without lag I'm still mercurial. I should pop on the Ziip Server sometime, but them lag hacks man..

14. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

You haven't seen lag hacks until you've seen my Australian lag hacks. Upside-down and kangaroo-style. o_O

15. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

Accidental post on my phone.

Last edited: 8 Aug 2012
  16. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

:worried: Three things.

Our crew is largely a chilled out bunch, the only gloating that goes on is when someone kills a player that rightly (or wrongly - me) is thought of as good. But all of us would to a greater or lesser extent have a grumble at team mates not PTFOing.

I have always maintained a small number of interests, this allows me to put great effort into them. To eschew an old saying, do you want to be a jack of all trades or a master of one?

Stats like any numbers are usually pretty meaningless, a lot of consideration needs to be applied. Here are some of my stats; Time 11:12:44, SPM 274.22, KDR 0.73, WLR 0.78, KPM 0.43, Accuracy 10.78. Those numbers won't mean anything to anyone but me, purely because they have no context.

Dwarfer, I guess you didn't like my last post, so: "That's the best thing about the internet, you can choose to read or ignore it. If you read it and get offended then tough luck. Simples" :thumb:

17. Digi

I want to see them because then it will mean we're back to playing again mate! You on this weekend at all? (at a time that is human...)

18. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

So I played with rivalXFactor last night on a round of HC metro (oddly). He's good. Really damn good. It wasn't an awfully exciting game given that at one point you could just LMG camp. This is probably why I've given up playing metro most of the time.

On another note, Stats aren't entirely meaningless if you take the stats over time. Over a certain amount of time you can spot how good a player in general is. For example, I'll go close to 600 and bottom out at around 400 in my skill stat. It's not a great indicator, but it certainly makes a difference within the game. That said though, a useful player that gets killed repeatedly is still much more useful than a player who gets tons of kills. But allows the objective to be armed or taken. Now, to polish my aiming skills. The 3.4x Scopes are ****ing awesome btw.

Also, I've missed playing with Drac. Weird that my ping to AUS is the same as it is in the UK. Basically it's the same game, I just have to adjust for cover. Sniping's out of the question though.

19. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

20. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

Sorry for the inactivity lately, I'm camping in Weymouth at the moment catching the Olympic atmosphere. Also I'm afraid to say I'm suffering from a particularly vicious bout of DayZ addiction. I'll try and split my time more when I get back next week.

To be honest I think the main difference is that I've come on TS and chatted to you guys. I guess it also helps that I'm attempting to adapt to flying without my beloved third person. :p

Yeah you'd better be worried Digi. Looks like I'd better get on soon and show you your place in the air before you get too cocky. :lol:

Let's just say that it's a bit of a change to how I normally fly and taking tips from Phalanx was certainly refreshing. :D

Seriously though all this discussion about normal vs hardcore and CPC vs ZIIP really is quite unnecessary. It's both just about preference and yes you do have to adapt your play style from one to the other.

Playing and chatting to both CPC and Ziip ; all of you guys are a pleasure to play with. Ziip seem to be noticeably more laid back but again that's neither good nor bad, just preference. I think as me and Phalanx have both seen chatting on both mumble and ts makes a huge difference in keeping things friendly.
    Gaah look at me sounding like a damn hippie. :D

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.