1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Correct! :thumb: So many reasons... I really couldn't be working with a nicer bunch of people and there is SO much work to do. I think I thrive on being busy so this should work out extremely well!

As an aside, the Australian exchange student teacher is a gorgeous and extremely friendly girl. At this point, I'm pretty much under the impression that Australia has around 1000% more gorgeous, bubbly, down to earth girls than NI and have come to the conclusion that I must go there ;) :D

2. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

I bet :thumb:

3. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Black Coffee and a donut? Good. Too bad the coffee wasn't as good as i'd want it.

4. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

But the donut... party in your mouth... everyone invited?

5. Unicorn

Haha, I see what you did there! :lol:

6. RustyTool

RustyTool What's a Dremel?

what currently makes my life awesome ?
    finally , after a long time I can afford a new guitar ( a Michael Kelly Patriot Custom ) which I just ordered!

Last edited: 1 Sep 2012
  7. Unicorn

I finally have time to give a little more detail on this. Several things made Wednesday awesome for me;

First of all, I started my new job. Again in case you missed it, this is only a part time post, but it's quicky shaping up to be the thing that takes up most of my time for the next year. Having seen "what I can do" the principal has already asked me in casual conversation if I would stay for more than one year, budget permitting. After three days, he's already asking if I will stay past next September :D I'm also working with a wonderful group of people and am already being offered (and am taking) more hours than what was advertised, and have been made more than welcome by every member of staff in the school! I can tell that I'm really going to enjoy my time there. It may be a much earlier start in the morning, a whole lot more travelling and I may be rushed off my feet when I'm there, but it's still going to be enjoyable to work with such nice people in a job that I feel confident I can do extremely well. It's also in a part of the country that I haven't personally advertised in before, so now that I'm going to be there 5 times per week, there is potential for a lot more work for my own business - again, something that the principal suggested as part of his "would you stay past 12 months" conversation :)

Three of the teachers have already got me doing personal repairs for them. One iPod touch, one laptop and one video camera. After just three days! :hehe:

So, that was the first thing. Secondly, I got home from work on Wednesday to find a metric tonne of RC parts, networking gear, electronic components and PC components waiting for me. Some of it is for myself - the RC gear for example - and a lot of it for work, but what this particular "bury me in parcels" huge batch of deliveries means is that I have plenty of repair, building and installation work to keep me very busy for the next fortnight or three weeks :thumb:

With the last bits that I needed for it finally arriving, I put some finishing touches on an RC car that I've been working on for quite a while. I took it to the smoothest car park around here late on Wednesday evening and ran it for the first time. It shredded the tires and unscrewed its own rear differential within a few metres of the starting point! I built a monster :D I've since thread locked the diff together and put stronger, glued tires on it, and it runs great! The top speed so far has been confirmed by GPS at a hair under 45mph, and importantly it's really controllable, even at high speed. I also got several nice new components to repair one of my new heli's and should have it flying in no time.

I also repaired a £150 6-channel radio control transmitter for 95 pence. What'd it cost me to buy broken? The grand total of nothing! One £150 six channel air radio for £0.95. Win!

And finally : on Wednesday evening I confirmed and signed a 12 month contract with two local companies (who share an office that I've already worked in this year) for the maintenance, repair and upgrades on two servers and 25 workstations. More work I don't have to go looking for over the next year! :D

All in all, I think I have a fairly good chance of "winning" for the next year or so :thumb:

While that's fairly true, the fact that I'm going to be working 90-100 hours per week for the next year means that there won't be a whole lot of room for error when it comes to missing a night's sleep ;)

Last edited: 2 Sep 2012
    stonedsurd likes this.
  8. Houndofhell

Houndofhell One Particle to Rule Them All

You sir are a maniac! :jawdrop: All the best to you on what sounds like an awesome year.

My life is awesome, having a £1.5k monster laptop I ordered delivered tomorrow.

Only slight downer is I need to get up at quarter past 7 for the delivery.

9. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

This Comic is amazing :jawdrop: (click on image for link)
    [​IMG]

Tribble likes this.
  10. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Very nice. Reminds me of Wolf's Rain.

11. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Let's see:

Had a client Meeting on Thursday that went well. +1 freelance client that's happy. Now to finish their site.

FINALLY got the details I need to develop a payment plugin for ZenCart using a local Rewards card. That means a project is going ahead.

Had a good, long chat with the missus, and once this year is over (we agreed on February/March), she'll be looking at buying my Bravo, and she wants me to buy a Toyota 86. Win!

Having beers with a mate tonight. Win!

Looks like I CAN spec a new MBP for myself, even in the arse-end of the world that I live in.

Generally, the year is turning out more positive than the last few, and that makes me happy... the hard work of the last few years seems to be paying off.

12. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Despite the epically bad summer (the wettest in a century) we managed to harvest some honey from our working hive: about 7kg, or about 14 jars. Not much, but some more seasoned beekeepers have got nothing at all. The centrifuge extractor (which spins the honey out of the frames) has been pleasantly burbling to itself in the kitchen, which smells of honey and wax at the moment. Magic is in the small spaces. :)

Shirty likes this.
  13. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

You should ship some over to the US. :D

14. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

A bit late as this happened last week but I saw a Capercaille while mountain biking around Speyside.

15. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

Driving lessons for my birthday

16. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Huge order in at work, could mean in 12 months time we'll be as much as double current size. Exciting times ahead.

17. Unicorn

There is a small computer waiting for me when I get home... of the raspberry variety ;)

18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

19. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

20. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

My new water cooling :D just installed...

[​IMG]

Sent on my CM10 JB powered i9100 by TapaTalk 2