1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Boardoombob

Boardoombob What's a Dremel?

6 hours of circular meetings spent reiterating the same point (no money = no staff, no staff = no work, no work = business not getting what they want), followed by commute home which took 5 times longer than it should and an injured shoulder after overdoing it at the gym to work off some anger.

I know this is miniscule in comparison, but this is the sort of thing I want to have happen on a Monday, not a flipping Friday :(

2. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Weather... RAIN!!

Just came home dripping wet... my phone is now having technical issues i assume due to water and the left headphone has stopped working..

**** YOU

3. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

What 'phones were you using? Last time I had mine in the rain, the left one stopped working. That's weird...

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Left channel is connected to the tip of the plug, where water might settle in the socket.

5. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Submitted RMA process with Scan to replace or refund my current headset as it has a faulty mic.

Fingers crossed the out come is in my favour. Hoping to get a refund or credit as I want to buy some different headphones and a desk mic. desk mic would be bought from scan I made it clear that is what I wanted. Was very polite about it all and am hoping things go that way.

6. DeadP1xels

Brainwavz M2

My last pair lasted for ages these set seem to fall apart (ignoring the water) the threads on the stem to the actual in ear piece has stripped so it kinda just sits their looking retarded.

Think its time to invest in some shures

Thats actually intresting... my phone on spotify has been stopped the song and starting again... it only stops the music if you pull the headphone socket out.

maybe some water got in their :sigh:

7. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

The fact that my BT connection at home clocks in at 2-5mbps but tethering to my phone gives me in excess of 12mbps

8. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I have a bitch of a dose of the flu, and it's not getting any better -.- I am incapable of moving or talking without being sore somewhere. It's starting to piss me off :grr:

9. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Someone cleaned out (as in stole) all of our food that we stored in the communal kitchen here.

Also, the doctors come around multiple times a day to get us to pull the plug on a child that's showing signs of awareness.

10. DeadP1xels

That sucks Kayin stand your ground, your strength at this tough time is unbelievable man

I've spent the entire afternoon thinking of something to do... still have'nt thought of anything yet and its almost time to go to work, i never work today usually.

It sucks because i really could do with getting my mind of stuff i've spent the last hours thinking of it and now im almost unbearably depressed because of it.

11. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Play a game?
    Touch yourself?
    Read a good book on the bog?

All better than procrastinating.

12. krakatoa3

krakatoa3 How hard can it be??

Broke my thumb last week playing lacrosse, had an operation last Monday to put screws in to fix it.
    However, it's played havoc with my coursework (due in 2 weeks). I've filled in an extenuating circumstance letter (I have no use of my right hand properly for 6 weeks). Found out I won't hear whether my application has been accepted until after the deadline. So now I'm worrying whether I'm meant to submit or not.
    Spent all day attempting excel left-handed which was no fun, got barely anywhere. It's annoying as the lecturers and the student advisor have all said I'll just have to resubmit in the Summer with no Cap.
    Admin system here makes no sense!

13. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

Showing symptoms of Diabetes

14. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Any minute now i'll be put to sleep :p

15. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

If that's the case then get it checked out asap - in retrospect I ignored the signs until they got bad and spent 3 days in hospital as a result (including Christmas Day and Boxing Day 2010 as a matter of fact...)

It might seem awful right now but not doing anything about it is worse - trust me

16. Panomama

What are the signs/symptoms? I googled it and seem to have half of them.
    I've also had the symptoms ages so I dont know if its that or just me..

17. GeorgeK

For me it was extreme thirst (any amount of water I drank and I still felt thirsty all the time - like my mouth was stuffed with cotton wool) and rapid weight loss.

Other common symptoms (which I didn't really notice) include peeing a lot and being knackered - if you're concerned then go to your GP - a quick test and they can tell you :thumb:

18. Panomama

Oh im not that bad.. I havent drunk any water today, just a diet coke and 3 coffee's
    I pee roughly every 2 hours?
    Havent noticed weight loss.

19. GeorgeK

Like I said - I was a typical bloke about it ('meh it'll go away') but I wish I had gone to the doctor earlier - it wouldn't have stopped my pancreas from giving up the ghost but at least I wouldn't have spent days in hospital...

Panomama likes this.
  20. Panomama

Okay, thanks for your help