1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete Cross by Red Harbinger - Final pics!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by l3p, 15 Aug 2012.

1. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

There has been quite a change in GPU's here.
    Had the abillity to trade the 7970 for a GTX690.
    This card was perfect for the Parvum build.
    So decided to trade the second 7970 for a GTX690 too.

[​IMG]

Will also polish both blocks and bridge like in the Parvum build as soon as they are here.

[​IMG]

So played around already with them this week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Under full stress.

[​IMG]

After buying 2 239H's myself I got a third ASUS 239H from Asus Benelux for helping them on the Firstlook event.
    Thanks for everything Rogier and Sven!

[​IMG]

Couldn't wait to get it working.

[​IMG]

And have my first triple screen experience :)

[​IMG]

Here a small video, monitor isn't aligned yet and please don't mind my gameplay :)
    Really an awesome experience!

Soon the final pics.

2. Hanoken

Hanoken O.O

the build gets more fantastic as time goes on, whats the cost of the desk? since you have a near comolete prototype, could you make a ball park guess? :clap: :clap:

3. AverageNinja

AverageNinja Almost an EpicNinja

Two 690s!
    Hope you get the CPU sorted quick dude :)
    Also, I love your desk! Always love black and red systems. And black and green for that matter.

4. Squigly

Squigly MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Looking very very nice indeed bud, the surround setup looks epic and I'm sure those 690's are driving them with ease!!

5. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

Sorry to hear about the CPU that sucks. But nice job on making the monitor mounts. Now I'm even more jellous that you have 2 690's I think it's overkill and you should send one of them to me! Great job on the build and the improvements that you have made.

6. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Thanks a lot guys! :thumb:

Did the last photoshoot last weekend.
    Will be sorting them this week and make a final post including 2 nice videos.

Here the last pics right before it was finished + something extra :)

Bought an LSI Megaraid from someone to replace the Highpoint.

[​IMG]

Also decided to place the monitor power adapters inside the desk .. enough room for it :)

[​IMG]

And the last cable management... pfff

[​IMG]

Got my last order thanks to Highflow!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And on request a small 'howto polish EK CSQ blocks' video.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Inside Cross I will use Red coolant off course .. still couldn't resist to show the result with UV Green :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. dream1

dream1 What's a Dremel?

Looks fantastic so LSI mega raid works ???

8. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Thanks! I did get some better results but haven't had much time to test/tune yet.

9. AverageNinja

AverageNinja Almost an EpicNinja

Cross by Red Harbinger - Almost there!

I like how you made the EK Blocks fully clear instead of the frosted look :p

10. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Love what you've done with the blocks. Do you think it would be feasible to sand it down to remove the circles completely?

11. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Thanks AverageNinja and Crapman!

I'm not sure about that as you'll have to sand down like 1 - 1.5mm to get rid of them.
    Off course it's possible to sand it down, however I'm not sure if your block will keep it's firmness to be able to keep the O-ring tight to the other part with the bolt distance they use.

12. The_Crapman

Hmmmm. Looking at their store you can get replacement tops, so if it went tits up you wouldn't have to fork out for a complete new block at least.

13. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Final pics!

[​IMG]

First a shot of the inside. There's just one power cable coming out of the desk to feed the 2 pc's, speakerset and 3 lcd's. This next to the 'standard' cables and watercooling :)

[​IMG]

And the rest :)
    (click for full res)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lights off!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Taking my word back on surround-gaming .. pretty awesome :)

[​IMG]

So is dual benching.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This wasn't just a casemod/build .. on the background the last 8 months I was able to to fully test the prototype on temperatures and compatibility etc. with the used products.

[​IMG]

I want to thank² all the sponsors for helping on this project!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Some words from Thomas Nunn - CEO Red Harbinger:
    "Well, it has been a challenge, and we appreciate the extreme levels of patience as seen within our fan-base.
    We had no idea of all the complex logistical issues that would arise when manufacturing and distributing the large Cross desk around the world.
    After several design iterations and manufacturing tweaks, we finally got the process down and have a viable means to store and ship out the desks to both North America and the EU.
    Cross is meant to be our high-end flagship product, but while we were ironing out the key details, we designed several other products as well; we won't tease those photos until they are in production!
    Our North American retailer is awaiting their Cross desk sample to arrive so that we may conduct final quality inspections on the finished product.
    Once we review, you can expect the button to be pushed for final production and delivery to our North American and EU distributors.
    As a status update, the desk is finished, with packaging development in the process as we speak.
    Make sure to visit our facebook page or later our website to keep updated on future products and contests."

Thomas, Scott, Shawn, Chuck, Youri, Daniel, David .. you guys are awesome! :)

Next to the sponsors I also want to thank all other people that helped Red Harbinger or me personally on this project!
    And off course ... you guys :clap::clap::clap:

[​IMG]
    (click for full res.)

At the end of this week I'll upload 2 different videos. An unpacking/buildlog video and a final video!

Is there a specific photo you guys like?

The boy 4rm oz and The_Crapman like this.
  14. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

Amazing desk. Well done. :)

15. The_Crapman

Truly outstanding work guys. In a world of straight-lined acrylic, you pull out some stunning looking loops with good old PVC. Something I'd not noticed before is the speakers at the back of the sides which is a really nice touch.

I'd love to know the temps you get when stressing the system(s).

16. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Seen some uber rigs but dayum :D this is some gooood sheet for a retail case, awesome mega enthusiast desk case & cheaper than li li, looks like it's built like a tank. :D:rock:

I've been popping in to look pretty regular since this started, just been holding out on saying something with it not being a regular project. :D

Stupid star trolls are stupid or having a rating on a forum with so much awesomeness is stupid, take pick lol, I'll probably take a few more bashes for that but so what lol. :D

17. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Very nice work, congrats. Looks absolutely stunning. +rep

18. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Thanks Pranja! :thumb:

Well thanks a lot from all of us :)
    Temperatures weren't any different (slightly better) from an other highend watercooled pc I build before.
    But even the desk without watercooling was able to keep temps just as low as any other pc case.
    Did some quick benchmarks with it : http://nl.hardware.info/usersystemen/17965/cross-by-red-harbinger#tab:benchmarks
    And #27 between all those damn Titans :p
    http://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/3dmark+11+3dmark+score+performance+preset/version+1.0.4

Thanks a lot The boy 4rm! :thumb:

Thanks a lot Waynio, really really appreciate it :clap:
    About the 'star trolls' ..
    It's not just here .. and with just me... :sigh:
    It's like the complete attitude in the modding scene is changing rapidly.
    I've always been a hardware enthusiast, even before I stepped into modding I always spent every saved dollar on my hardware.
    Now that I'm sponsored by different company's on my builds AND the fact we're trying to bring this desk to the market I seem to get a lot of trolls around me.
    Some of the sponsored modders on this forum know what kind of work it is to have several build logs and everything that comes with it. (And if it's actually really all worth it)

My future plans ... 'Raz3r D3sk'
    Going to rebuild this Cross desk (watercooling/colortheme/acrylic/benchtable etc) for my own needs, in my beloved colortheme, with the help of sponsors (and re-using sponsored parts) and after that .. I'm out for a while.
    After 3 years of one big modding rush it's time to finally enjoy some gaming again.

Going to keep some logs of it on some forums but .. I'm not really sure if it's wanted here :rolleyes:

19. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

I think you should send one of the first desk to me so you can see if the "average Joe" can put it together. All jokes aside This is a beautiful build, you and your team did a fantastic job on the design and functionality. Watching the build was totally worth the wait. I hope that the desk is a very popular item for you and your team. I haven't looked at the price yet but I am interested in having one, and I'm sure a lot of other people on here are too. Good luck with your business and enjoy your gaming time!

P.S. Beautiful JOB!

20. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

And here the buildog video :)

Thanks again everyone!