1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Onwards and upwards by Parvum Systems : Complete

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by imersa, 9 Mar 2013.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

That is some outstanding pipework :rock: Brilliant build all round too.:thumb:

2. Asouter

Asouter --------

Much head scratching me thinks went into the tubing, I'd have been more tempted to bend the tubing. Looking forward to seeing the coolant that you're going to use

3. AverageNinja

AverageNinja Almost an EpicNinja

That loop looks mighty fine!
    Really neat! That's why I like acrylic tubing :D

4. dreps

dreps Minimodder

where did you get those nice cubes for fixing the plates? awesome work btw...and those tools... :eek:

5. ziza

ziza What's a Dremel?

OMFG this is amazing, the WC management and also the organization of the component.

Really impressive.

6. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Thank you both!

haha it really was. I had to walk away a few times and wait for Shauns second opinion on the whole operation!!

We actually have them made and import them. Sadly only in massive quantities. We are considering reselling them on our store or something like that as they have had a lot of interest for modders.

Thank you sir!!

7. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

11th April, Mayhems in the loop!

!!UPDATE!!

Sponsors:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So now for the fun part! In the loops we have mayhems red & white. The best fluids we've used. In honesty we don't do any fancy temperature or flow tests... as long as our hardware is at a suitable temp and it looks good that's all that matters here. All about aesthetics!
    As for Mayhems if you haven't had a look at the fluids you really should!!

One colour for each mini res:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We fill both loops at once here. All mobo power intact and no paper towl or anything to protect us from possible leaks.. we have far to much faith in what can be very tempermental fittings & acrylic tubing ;). Here are some photos I managed to get as we booted the system a few times:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So we did go ahead and finish filling the loop but you can see a few other little bits before I show you thats.
    We made a start on the top layer. This is made up for a 5mm red then a 5mm white. Here is the red:

[​IMG]

We then cut the top from the white. The rog logo requires some very tight cuts. The Hole at the rear has a nice 120° edge cut and the entire panel had been cut out with a 45° cutter:

[​IMG]

A cheeky shot of the back with the red rear chamber installed. Remember there will be a second white layer to cover the majority of this:

[​IMG]

We then finished the side panel. Very similar to the standard S1.0. but just revaling more of the internals. The 'republic of gamers' text was inlayed with forsted red. Very fiddly to get the tolerance to actually work and get these letters installed without any cracking! Here are a few shots of the loop filled with side panel in place:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With the white roof layer installed. We may actually inlay the ROG logo here with grey and red but its extremly tricky and we wanted to see how the cut through would look first:

[​IMG]

We will leave you with some nice shots of the case now both loops have been filled. This is really what the case was about. Redicleous amount of hardware and cooling:

• Socket 2011 i7
    • 16GB RAM
    • 2 x 7870
    • 2 x 240mm rads (60mm & 35mm)
    • 2 x DCC pumps
    • 2 x SSD's
    • 5 Waterblocks
    • Over 40 fittings!!

This all in a somewhat 'neat' mATX LAN rig. It really wasn't until this point we really got to see our our hardwork shine on this one. Will we ever straight tube cool a rig this small again? hmmm unsure..... ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Once again thank you all for reading. We hope these photos made reading and following so far worth while. We would say the build is about 90% complete now to be honest. We have since added a second layer just to strenghten the entire thing. Its MAD heavy and have a bunch of final touches. To have a few bits to finish. The PSU side cover which will inclose the fan controller etc. The top ROG inlay and case feet.

Please understand these are not the final photos so if you do wish to share them wait for the best! We are heading to the studio Tuesday to get some super nice final shots together for you with a great friend of ours Tom Barnes. If you are into photography you should check out his work here. He couldn't shoot things any further away from computers but he can sure as hell make a fine job of them as well.

Untill then! Have a good one!

GeorgeK, KoSoVaR^ and Asouter like this.
  8. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

Looks awesome. :rock:

9. Asouter

Asouter --------

It looks so amazingly clean, no clutter and seeing what has been shoe-horned into that tiny case....... Stunning

10. ziza

ziza What's a Dremel?

This project shall be known as "The meaning of perfection" :jawdrop:

Perfection:
    -Cable management.
    -WC components and management.
    -Colors
    -Design
    -Modding technique
    -Hardware organization.

Not perfection:
    -Case material might be complicated to take the case to multiple LAN parties, but anyway no one cares about it...it is perfect anyway.

MotY for this project please :clap:

regards,
    ziza

11. Meelobee

Meelobee What's a Dremel?

Awesome work guys! :)

12. Phame

Phame COOOOFFFFEEEEE

Stunning!

13. RetroDude

RetroDude What's a Dremel?

Amazing, fantastic workmanship shown here.

14. saxovtsmike

saxovtsmike Minimodder

wow
    just makes me want to have my own CNC.
    And now please add an Inverted Mobo layout als option to the s1

15. Marquee

Marquee Mac Pro Modder

oh baby I like it raw. Great work guys. Its nice to see so much fire power in a tight space. Thats some really engineering work.

16. KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ Professional Sleever & Modder

imo, the best parvum build out there !
    Great job, BRAVO !
    +Rep for you guys !

17. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Nice job. I hope you will still add GPU backplates since you have the tools and the design to do it and it will add a lot imo.

But a great build. I would be pretty upset to have to take that apart because of a leak haha. It looks very complicated now it is finished :)

18. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Top job.

19. dombak1608

dombak1608 What's a Dremel?

Great work. :clap:

20. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Thank you so much all! We wont reply to everyone with quotes as there is a lot of response here and all so positive! We are super excited with how this has turned out and it has been great to share it with you all.

As for the backplates for the GPUs; it's been something that should have been done from the start and it has almost gone to far now to get the things in place. Which is frustrating as I have some nice ideas in mind. I may well push to do it before the LAN events though where the case will be on show!

So to come we will finish what is left and get the final touches complete.

I suppose we then start our ITX build & prototype... ;D