1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asetek Waterchill

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 15 May 2003.

1. KarrottoP

KarrottoP What's a Dremel?

Yea, I dont think im gonna fork out the cash for international shipping. I just support the UK economy by paying a premium for Bass and Guiness when I go out for drinks. :) Im sure if they become wildly popular over there, and it sounds like they are that the US will get a distributer soon enough. Thanks

2. sp00n

sp00n What's a Dremel?

Just get the Swiftech H20 8500 instead!

3. webchimp

webchimp What's a Dremel?

More all-in-one watercooling solutions:

Corsair Hydrocool 200
    Wet and Chilly Chips
    Koolance Exos

I rather like the idea of an external radiator/fan/pump assembly, if a quiet PC is your goal, this could be tucked away under the desk where you are less likely to hear it.

Some thoughts:
    The pump must generate some heat, so if it's mounted in the reservoir it will warm the water slightly.
    Similarly if the pumps in the case it will warm the air in the case.
    If possible, putting the radiator/fan/pump/reservoir assembly in a weatherproof box outside, should work better than using warm indoor air to cool the radiator.

4. uk_dave

uk_dave What's a Dremel?

Mounting the Radiator?

I think I'm definately gona be getting one of these kits soon. I've been thinking about moving to water cooling for a long time, but have been scared off my not knowing what individual components to buy, but this all-in-one kit looks very very good.

I saw someone ask earlier if it would fit in a Lian-Li PC60, so I should have no problem fitting it in my PC75. I believe I read somewhere the the resovour/pump have suction pads on the bottom to stick to the case (is this true?), but the main thing I'm wondering is how would you mount the radiator? Could it fit somewhere by the bottom drive cage? I dont really fancy having to mod my nice shiny expensive Lian-Li case coz I just know I'll mess it up and end up heart broken!

5. sp00n

sp00n What's a Dremel?

6. uk_dave

uk_dave What's a Dremel?

Yup, im helping BitTech on Project Orca
    http://www.project-orca.com/?page=stats&type=users&id=6149
    You wouldn't know why the graphic isnt working would you, or where I can find another one?

Also, would you know how I could mount the radiator in a Lian-Li PC75 without taking a Dremel or anything equally nasty to it?

Last edited: 29 May 2003
  7. JeffPH

JeffPH What's a Dremel?

Hi guys,

Am wondering how i would mount the northbridge waterblock to my mobo am using a MSI 875P NEO which has weird bended wires that holds the nb hsf. no holes to hook it up any suggestions?

8. Iceman

Iceman Staff

With the PC75 you could always mount it just above the PSU, you can replace the blanking plate above and below the PSU so it would be relatively easy to mount with little or no dremel work. The motherboard chipset block has to be epoxied on currently since the mounting system is still under development for Intel chipsets ( will be out in June ).

9. JeffPH

JeffPH What's a Dremel?

can i still remove this after being epoxied? what kind of epoxy shgould i use thanks

10. uk_dave

uk_dave What's a Dremel?

Cheers for that Iceman. That's certainly an idea. :thumb:

11. uk_dave

uk_dave What's a Dremel?

Noise Levels

Me again with another question!

I'm starting to wonder if I really want to spend £150 of my hard earned cash when I could just buy a HSF. Apart from a cooler CPU the other big thing I want is a much quieter computer. Does anyone have any dBA levels for the Pump and Fan?

Currently in my Lian-Li case I have 2x80mm fans running plus a GlobalWIN FOP32 (36dBA) and it's fairly noisy! Would this watercooling kit make my computer much quieter?

If I dont get the watercooling kit, I'm considering a GlobalWIN CBK-II58 or a Zalman CNPS7000-AlCu.

In terms of a quieter computer, which sould I spend my hard earned cash on? :confused:

12. Iceman

Iceman Staff

JeffPH, yes it can be removed as long as you don't just use straight epoxy, you'll need to mix the artic silver epoxy with themal compound to make it removable.

Dave in terms of noise the pump is literally silent, it's barely audible when my room is totally silent ( a rare thing ). Again the fan is very quiet when set to 7v, even 12v is ok although it does sound like a wind tunnel if you have the rad blocked :)

13. uk_dave

uk_dave What's a Dremel?

Ok, thanks.
    And thanks for the speedy reply!

14. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Dave, If I get my kit installed before the summer lan (and if I go) you can have a look at it then ;)

15. uk_dave

uk_dave What's a Dremel?

That would be good! I should be going to the lan hopefully.
    I've ordered all the stuff to do an upgrade and ordered an HSF, if it turns out to be too noisy or doesn't cool well enough my Dad said he'd buy it off me and I'll get the WaterChill kit.

Dabs messed up again with my order (I've never had an order go corretly with them!), but this time instead of sending me the wrong item or something dead, they sent me a Seagate 120Gb Baracuda as well as the Mobo I actually ordered. Yay! Free HDD!

16. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

Can you possibly give me the dimensions of the pump/reservoir and the radiator with fan attach? :) I'm wondering if I can shoe horn it into a MATX I've got in mind for my next project :)

17. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Is this kit suitable for transporting regurlarly to lanparties? is it powerful enought to add a hdd waterblock?

18. Phat Ass

Phat Ass What's a Dremel?

Lots of questions, sorry:

Does the res detach from the pump and if so, what connector is there left behind and what size is it on the pump.

The tubing thats used for the pushfit fitting, its says its 10mm tubing, is this inside or outside diameter, and what is the other diameter of the tube (ie, if its 10mm inside, what is outside and vice versa)

The pump has a 12mm outlet at the top to go to the radiator, the radiator appears to have the same size inlet and outlet pipes, the rets fo the system runs on 10mm tube, how does the 12mm tube going into the radiator become 10mm as it leaves the rad if they are both the same size?

Given the pushfit fitting, of the res and assuming that the tubing is 10mm inside diameter. how would putting a barbed hose connector on a custom res affect the flow, as this would effectivly reduce the size of the inlet by the thickness of the barb wall. which must be a few mm. If the tubing is 10mm outside diameter, would this cause too much disruption to the flow?

19. the pip

the pip What's a Dremel?

phat ass:
    1: I believe it is detachable, and if i know where you are going with this, it is larger than the tubing. large enough you could a attach a fitting to it to accept the kit's tubing.
    2: I believe the tubing sizes given are outer diameter.
    3: Ask the guy with the kit, that puzzled me to.
    4: this could slightly affect flow, but do remember you can bore out the fitting alot as they usually have very thick walls. probably not a noticeable difference.

hope that helps at least a little....:p

20. Phat Ass

Phat Ass What's a Dremel?

they;re not thick walled fittings, the brass is as thin as it could possibly be from the look fo the pictures (it comes to a pointed rim rather than a rounted one) so this cant be done. Cheers for the info. which part is larger than the tubing? the pump end ot the res end? i cant decide which you mean :)

Cheers

Tags: Add Tags