1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows CS:GO With 360 Controller?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunnzie, 6 Aug 2013.

1. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I don't think that is for you to decide

2. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

yeah we all know it's stupid :)

3. Gunnzie

Gunnzie What's a Dremel?

I don't care about being the best player. Just playing how I want to play rather than how people insist I should.

4. Virus44

Virus44 What's a Dremel?

How about you just tell him how to configure his controller instead of trying to change his personal preference ?

5. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

I'm guessing CS:Go isn't on consoles.

I am just wondering how valve can make linux the numper one gaming platform when they release their linux box? I used to be a blind linux hater but I actually have respect for it now especially when you compare how much it doesn't cost compared to windows 8 pro retail of £198. It's no good for me personally cos I can't run my guitar FX librarian/editors on it but it has given my GF's old vista laptop a new lease of life.

Anyway... What was the question? CS:GO controller? The lines between console and PC are getting fuzzier every day. PC with Kinect and console controllers... how about we see some consoles with keyboard and mice too? Keys and mouse are rather clunky and need desk space. We need a new controller that has the speed and precision of mouse and keys yet integrates perfectly with both console and PC.

6. Gunnzie

Gunnzie What's a Dremel?

CS GO is on xbox and US PSN. Never released on EU PSN for some reason. Apparently no one plays it on console though.

7. jizwizard

jizwizard Modder

Already shown him on previous page. Use xpadder

8. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Wow...Everyone sort of jumped on you Gunnzie...

Hope this doesn't give you a negative view on all us PC gamers!

9. Gunnzie

Gunnzie What's a Dremel?

That's fine. I'm considering forgetting pc gaming. Maybe it's not what I'm looking for.

10. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

It really depends on the type of games you want to play, and how you want to play them.
    As others have said, PC isn't always suited to FPS games using a controller.
    However I have friends who use a controller with lots of other types of games (platformers, sports games, racing games etc)

11. Gunnzie

Gunnzie What's a Dremel?

What about third person shooters?

12. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I'm not sure, I'll ask a couple of them tonight and let you know :)

I can imagine for certain games it would work fine.

13. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

My brother regularly plays Black Ops 2 with a pad. He does very well too; regularly coming around mid to high table each match. Give it a go; you don't know until you try.

14. Gunnzie

Gunnzie What's a Dremel?

True but that means buying games and then trying then out. That's what I did with csgo and that hasn't turned out well.

15. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

No, we 'continue to bang on' about the fact that if you use a pad and go up against people with mouse and keyboard, you'll be dead in seconds, over and over.

As above, we aren't saying use mouse and keyboard, we are saying don't use a controller to play this particular game. The solution isn't one you'll like, but its a harsh reality, and realistic answer to the question being asked.

Do you care about being by far the worst player in almost every round though?

Good, ok. So because you don't like the advice people have given you (even it is in our opinion the correct advice), you are going to quit PC gaming as a whole? Yep, seems logical and sensible, and not at all an over reaction. :wallbash:

16. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

I would say there're alright. Anything that doesn't require quick reactions will be alright on a controller. FPS single player will also be alright.

Also, we were just trying to save you the effort of setting up the controller to, like many of us have, realise that PC FPS games are designed for KB+M.

17. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

To be honest, CS:GO and BO2 is a huge difference. In CS:GO you die, it's over. In BO2 you just respawn. So while in BO2 you can get up in table even with lot of dying, in CS:GO it is a dead stop, end of game. You have to wait for next round, which depending on the players an the map can be anything from seconds to minutes. And if you die among the first (with gamepad you can safely bet you will be among those), then you will wait a lot over and over and over again.

18. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I suppose the OP could play with a knife fork and spoon if they were compatible as long as he was happy playing that way.

I couldn't for the life of me play with a 360 controller for any FPS game but some people can.

Hope he gets it sorted and play the game the way he wants

19. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Xpadder should, in theory, do the job, but you won't have smooth movement input like on consoles, however. CS:GO isn't particularly suited to a controller, some games work far better on controllers than keyboards, but FPS isn't one of them.

On the subject of Third Person Shooters, however; the Saints Row series and Dead Space games work very well on a 360 Wired Controller, since the games are kind enough to leave slight autoaim enabled upon controller detection, removing the need to be pinpoint accurate on the joystick. I'm not saying you can't play games on PC with a controller, I'm just saying some of them will work rather a lot better than others.

One good thing to check is the details in Steam; It'll often tell you if a game has partial or full Controller Support, so you'll have an idea of which games will work for use as a living room PC and which won't.

20. Gunnzie

Gunnzie What's a Dremel?

Regarding XPadder, thanks for the info. I appreciate the help. However, I am not going to start getting into having to mess around with third party hacks to get games to work. It's all just too complicated for me. I want to just install and play.

Please don't take that the wrong. I'm really grateful to everyone trying to help.