1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress OPTERON PRIME - Supermicro 4P folding mayham - folding numbers

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Hukkel, 25 Jul 2013.

1. SXRguyinMA

SXRguyinMA What's a Dremel?

+sub - this is awesome. I'm GREEN with envy :duh: :clap:

2. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

hahaha icwutudidthar!!! :thumb:

Thank you very much sir.

---------------------------

On a sidenote: I am nominated for mod of the month october 2013 here on Bit Tech.

Go to http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?p=3459744&posted=1#post3459744 and vote for your favorite mod in the poll. :clap:

----------------------------

Going to drop a big update tonight or tomorrow night and this weekend again. Received two packages of stuff I needed. :rock:

3. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

So I was going to do an update tonight. Then I realised I hadn't shown the hardware before since I was then waiting for an appropriate banner to use first. SO THAT IS WHY THE DATES ON THE PICTURES IS SO OLD.

BAD HUKKY!!! :wallbash:

So here it is.
    A nice package from Aquacomputer; AQ5, 2 MPS sensors, 2 temp sensors, some cables and splitters, a black front panel and a drill for 20mm holes in just about anything :)

Since I will be running 4 $1.500 CPUs I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a very good system to make my watercooling hardware idiot proof. At the very heart of it all was going to be the Aquaero 5 top model (like here in the pictures). But I arranged that I am going to upgrade to the new Aquaero 6 top model. This will be the central stand alone computer that will monitor various details such as the flow of both loops and the coolant temperature. If these will go beyond thressholds I enter the system will automatically shut down the computer as a whole. It will also run all the bottom fans. In a future V2 of this system it might control all fans and pumps as well.

A few pictures say more than a thousand words.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would like to take this moment to thank Aquacomputer for giving me a very nice discount on the hardware. Thank you very much for supporting this project. And especially thank you Sven for helping me out and answering a million questions. You rock. :rock:

[​IMG]

http://shop.aquacomputer.de/index.php?language=en&

Last edited: 11 Aug 2014
  4. humanityBG

humanityBG King of Hell.

In the words of the great George Takei: OH MYYYYYY!

5. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

Good job Hukkel,this is coming together nicely.

6. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

HA :clap: Always a pleasure to see you in here Des.

And the same goes to you B Neg. I have a lot of respect for your projects. You coming here to tell me it is looking good means a lot :thumb:

7. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Alright then. Time for an update that is like left-over-dinner-day. All kinds of stuff I have been doing over the past few weeks. Small things here and there while waiting for parts to arrive.

Lets start off with the reservoir holder. The item was designed (if you can even call it that way) to give some kind of depth to the two reservoirs but also be something the make cables and tubing dissappear. A subway system from the upper level to the lower level. I added 2 in and two out holes. And some small holes for a bit of wiring that will need to go through there as well. Then primed it up, ready for paint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up! The fitting of the uber-gorgeous Coldzero grills to the pedestal. Same size hexx and design as the front and rear grills. I love them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last thing for this update / reply; those fancables are bloody everywhere. There is no way to get them to do what I want and stay where I want. So I bought a bag of cableclips to make them listen the hard way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 11 Aug 2014
  8. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Since I am sitting in front of my PC anyway I might as well do another update right?

This might look a bit odd. I showed you the Aquacomputer stuff yesterday. I have been pondering where to put the MPS flowmeters. Since, well, I want to keep the upper level as clean as I can white the bottom level is very cramped with hardware. I decided to elevate the pumps a good few centimeters so I could place this line under them. This was I have a point for the tabs to empty the loop when needed AND a place to mount the flowmeters and have them close to the Aquaero as well. I will show you later how I elevated the pumps.

BTW this was the mockup, today I placed everything so it is all flat on the bottom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I received a package I had ordered the week before. Needed some extra EKWB rigid tubing fittings, 4 more EKWB 90 degree fittings, 2 male-male fittings and a Bitspower green LED board to fit many individual LEDs to.

[​IMG]

I also sanded, primed and painted the plexi cover of the rear of the case (with the fold).

[​IMG]

In the meantime I received some great help James (Phame). I have been waiting for months for an order from Aquatuning Germany for 16 fillports. And they are making a mess of it. I finally did receive something but only 5 fillports. James stepped in like a true hero and sorted me with 20 black coated fillports. James, you bloody rock! :rock:

Next to this I receved a package from E22. I ordered a bunch of connectors and such and of course the famous E22 hardline tubing. It was my 2nd order of it so I thought that I knew what was coming; 5*1 meter hardline tubing. To my surprise I did not receive this but instead 10*50 cm tubing. But for the top of my build I needed several pieces longer than 50 cm. So I put on my puppy face and contacted Nate to ask what happened. He was (as always) kind enough to explain everything. I had been blindly ordering the tubing and not looking good when I ordered. Nate had switched to tubing with even less of a deviation in width and his website clearly showed I had ordered 10*50cm which was the new norm. I told him why I asked and what I needed. Without him having ANY blame he wanted to help me out. He grabbed his guille suit and went into the endless warehouse of E22 only to come out with the last 10 full meters of E22 rigid tubing. And to make it even better he made me an amazing deal on them. (no people, no horsehead in my bed when I woke up).
    Thanks a million Nate to having a great customer service and the heart of a modder. :clap:

http://www.e22.biz/TU001E2.aspx#.UppO_uK-PuA

After these packages I could go on with the top of the build. The 4 long routes to and from the waterblocks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS sorry for the crappy photos. The light in here is horrible. I am fitting a 5 meter long LED strip soon so I can make more okayish photos.

Last edited: 13 Aug 2014
  9. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

I am awaiting to get my wage this week so I can pay for 2 small things in a single package that are putting my entire build on hold.

Untill then here are a few pictures of the pump top brackets I made and gave a quick black coat of paint.
    And of the reservoir stand with now the fillports in there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope to have more to show you guys this week!

Last edited: 14 Aug 2014
  10. Phame

Phame COOOOFFFFEEEEE

YES ITS BACK ON!

And congrats on the win my friend!

:rock:

11. hero1

hero1 Minimodder

Wow, this is one SUPER build. Nice work and keep it up!

12. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

This is soooo awesome. I absolutely LOVE that res mount.

13. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Thanks a lot my good friend :rock:

Thank you very much for the nice comment hero1 :)

Thanks Parge! Hope it will look even more stunning when filled with coolant :clap:

14. Asouter

Asouter --------

Congrats on the MOTM win Hukkel, much deserved :)

15. TekLord

TekLord Tek by Design

My mind is officially blown.

16. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

+1.

17. Sassanou

Sassanou What's a Dremel?

Congrats dude !!!!!!

18. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Thank you VERY MUCH guys. Much appreciated.

:clap:

I have a few new pics but something isn't working out as I thought it would. So another slight delay. :duh:

19. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Time to show you guys why I have one slight delay and one less delay than imagined :)

I received the stickers I ordered. The idea was to have them backlit with LEDs so the imagine would be the only thing one would see in the blackness. Well it turned out a bit different xD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Less delay than expected with the new Aquaero 6 XT.
    The very kind people of Aquacomputer allowed me to swap the 5XT for the just launched 6 XT. And even though demand for these things is currently VERY high they sent me one 1 day after receiving the XT 5.
    You can't see it on the box apart from the sticker on the side :duh:
    But when you look at the back you do see it.

Check out the awesomeness of this piece of hardware.
    This means I can start work on the bottom end of the case; the pumps, the flowmeters and the fans. :clap:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 3 Sep 2014
  20. Phame

Phame COOOOFFFFEEEEE

YAY :clap: an update, though only same hardware and not about the case but YAY!

Last edited: 10 Jan 2014