1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress MegaDeblow - Desk Build **COMPLETE**

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Deblow, 30 Jan 2014.

1. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

Finished my clear perspex RES holders, the inside groves are UV coated so they give of a green glow under the UV lighting, if the UV lighting is of they change to what ever color the RES is set to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With camera flash on
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Having another operation soon :( So im hoping to have this build done and dusted before the end of next week (fingers crossed)

2. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

Finished my mouse mat, made from wood & perspex, wrapped in carbon to match the desk
    also fitted a white LED to match up with my headset,mouse and keyboard

[​IMG]

Made a big hole in my leg when i dropped this scalpel, had to tape my leg together with some sellotape lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

Received my CM Storm MECH last weekend and started working on some ideas to help match it up to my current build style, mostly carbon lol

heres how it looked when new, and directly below is one of the designs i deiced to use, wasn't too hard and didn't take long to complete

when i recover from my opp i might work on a second design involving a lot more air brushing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

The aluminum shell comes of very easily with the provided allen key, perfect for modding :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was another idea i had, but was very time consuming to get this far (5%), would have taken too long to complete so i decided to try some other ideas.

[​IMG]

some more messing with ideas, looks a mess because i was using it for a brain storm.

[​IMG]

Removed ready to start again, this time with my original idea

[​IMG]

5. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

The final design, hard to capture the effect on camera because of the 4D, but hopefully when i do a YouTube vid you will see it better

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Fable

Fable What's a Dremel?

Wiked! That went out amazing!

enviado do meu Xperia Z C6603

7. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

Thanks, :thumb:

8. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

Here's a picture of what they looked like at the start apart from the Keyboard that i had already painted when i took this pic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The mouse to go with the headset and MECH, only wrapped it in carbon ATM, but will most likely paint it when i get out of hospital

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cut the mouse mat down to a size that worked best for me and has the same shape/light as the keyboard & mouse.

9. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

I will be uploading final build pics today, but im going to start with some small displays showing important info.
    The 1st is my tablet showing all PC info i will ever need i.e Volts,Temp,Usage,RAM and so on

[​IMG]

and again the same program but with my custom info display, CORE tems for CPU & GPU's

[​IMG]

And last of all the desk fan controller (only for desk fans not the RADs) the temp are showing desk temps and Room temps only.
    I don't trust them from reading CPU/GPU temps but work perfect for room temps

[​IMG]

10. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

With RGB LED's you can have almost any color you want, its hard to show how it really looks in photos so i have taken 100s of photos lol
    I wont spam the forums with them all but i will add them to my facebook page and give links in my last post.

The RES, Some show the LEDs at low setting and others are at MAX.

[​IMG]

and some night shots of the desk with the same LED settings, I like the white but as im typing this update its all set to green :)

[​IMG]

in this photo you can see the cover i made from fake leather, with all the LEDs off and the cover on the desk is 100% blacked out apart from the power,reset and LED switches

[​IMG]

Last edited: 26 Apr 2014
  11. Johnny71

Johnny71 What's a Dremel?

I like it! And I want that head lol :D

12. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

lol Thanks.
    The head came with a COD game years ago, useful for holding my hats and shades too :D

13. Johnny71

Johnny71 What's a Dremel?

Exactly you can put whatever on him and have him as your buddy! :D :brrr:

14. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

He don't talk much but yeah lol

Forgot to show my lower shelf's in previous updates so here they are,
    4 in total 2 per side, the upper right side holds my Sub & 2nd pc and all the others will hold my consoles.
    all carpeted with the same type used in cars & car subs (Black) and all with LED lighting controlled independently.

[​IMG]

15. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

16. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

17. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

18. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

19. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

Now the build is finally complete i need to thank some people,

Firstly and most importantly are my fellow PC modders & forum users, without your comments and contribution of ideas the build would never have been as successful as it has.

Next my wife and friends for all the help given, my wife has helped carry,shop,make tea & snacks & provide some pain relief when needed

My Friends Ian & Carl have also helped with the heavy lifting & Ian helped provide me with the glass needed for the desk (Big thanks)

And finally my sponsors Lep @ EK water blocks for providing the Watercooling blocks and support throughout the build.

Chris @ Cooler Master (CM Storm) UK, I was already using CM Power Supply & fans, but Chris updated them for the latest and best
    along with my CM storm gaming set
    but best of all hes been great to talk with over the last 3 months & even got me in to the gadget show for a great day out

facebook link - still needed updating but will be done soon. nice place to just look at the photos.
    https://www.facebook.com/megadeblow

Im still working in the Vids for my youtube, will upload in the next week hopefully
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MegaDeblow

Big thank you to everyone, and i hope i get the chance to do something bigger in the future and share it with you all

Rob (Deblow)

Last edited: 26 Apr 2014
  20. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

Really nice Rob and I do mean it. Also congratulations on finishing the mod (that's something I need to experience for the first time as well :hehe:).

I've been dormant a while again and you really blew me away with the progress and how this desk came together in the end.

If there's a small complaint, maybe a bit less of tilting the camera when taking project photos. I'm feeling kind of sea sick and maybe I'll turn into a whiter shade of pale after looking at bunch of them :D

Just kidding of course and once again, congrats on finishing this thing. Good luck with your operation and hopefully you'll be able to give us another one soon.

Darkened