1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Star Citizen

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 10 Oct 2012.

1. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

In-game politics are fine, because they effect BitSec. Real world, no.

The weekly update is usually out late UK time on Friday. It'll be there when I get back from the pub :D

2. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

I've never used it, but TrackIR has always seemed like it should break immersion rather than aid it. Surely there's a disparity between turning your heard to the left but having to keep your eyes looking forward?

Isn't larger / multiple displays to accommodate a wider angle of view the way to go? That way forwards is always forwards and if you want to look left you... look left.

What am I missing?

3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

4. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Ah, but it isn't 1:1 mapping (well, it can be I guess). You set TrackIR to move, say, 90 degrees in game for a mere 15 degrees of head tilt. That way you're not getting this weird effect of having to look sideways. In ARMA3 it's a massive help to situational awareness.

I'm currently running TrackIR on a single 27" display. I can only imagine running it on a trio of displays would be even better for immersion.

5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

DFM announced for MAY 29th :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Also TNGS 1.13:-

6. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Hahaha, beating Elite Dangerous' release of Beta by one day.

May I suggest a meet up in TeamSpeak on the 30th? The release will be done according to US time zones, so it'll be middle of the night of the 29th here. It'll also mean they may have spun up a few more servers to let a few more of us in.

7. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I'm away til the 1st, but hurrah!

8. rollo

rollo Modder

Guess be start of July to middle of July for those of us in the 200k+ area which is about what I expected. Let's hope the launch speed picks up of these modules as at the current rate will be well in to 2016 before we see finished game.

9. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Just sitting in sunny Florida at the moment reading this thread. So I am interested in this game and it looks like there is still spaces for the alpha left.

I will find out when I am back if I can afford to purchase or not but a couple of questions if you dont mind

what is the best all round value ship to get alpha access ?
    Will everyone get access to DFM eventually ?

Thanks all

edit: still catching up on stuff so answers might become clear, :thumb:
    no alpha left, read it all wrong, only beta. So must check properly before posting ha ha

Last edited: 17 May 2014
  10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

You can still jump in now, but you'll need a ship of your choice and a separate "Arena Commander Module Pass", which costs an extra $5.

11. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

just thought it would be nice for the players in the thread to know Bohemia is got some sale on as 15 years old or some thing.

Any way for the hotas players... you can pick up

Take On Helicopters, Take On Helicopters: Hinds ... for £3.19

Helicopters are a great way to build a pilots kinaesthetic senses and ability to extrapolate in four dimensions in real time.(page 7 paragraph 2 of the helicopters pilot manual 2nd Edition).

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/bohemia_sale

12. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

I wouldnt worry too much about what ship you buy, at this stage you'll be able to 'melt' what you buy and get the amount back in store credits if you find that theres another ship you prefer or fancy buying one of the more expensive ones later if you wanted.

Anything which can be bought and pledged for using cash can be done using in-game credits too, i'd expect it to take a long time to earn enough to buy even an entry level ship, but you'll also be able to join an org and im sure the majority will have an open policy on letting people fly their ships too, as plenty of people will have multiple ships and only 1 them :D

I guess the timing of more slots/accounts getting access will depend on how things unfold, few issues and we'll get in sooner, lots of issues and it could be a while.
    I think we'll all have it within June personally, what often happens with things like this is theres a rush to get it, lots of activity for a few days, and then it goes quiet cos its still a fairly limited experience, so it wouldnt surprise me if they introduce more accounts simply because the demand goes down and so the system can take it. Updates and new modes might stress things though.
    I'd be quite happy just having the free roam and swarm mode, something to get familiar with the ship and controls (esp getting used to using a HOTAS) and then something to test my skills and familiarise myself with the game in combat. Thats what i'd be doing day 1 anyway, so not having MP isnt a big deal, im more disappointed that i wont be able to try all the other ships (cos i still fancy upgrading my Aurora) than late access to MP.

13. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

As I bagged an Origin 315p early on, I have the following items with it:

Beta Access
    Alpha Access

Do I need to get one of these ACMPs?

Edit: Good lord now I want a Hornet.

Last edited: 19 May 2014
  14. rollo

rollo Modder

You don't need one you have alpha access

15. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

Cheers Rollo.

I'll chuck my penny in with everyone else waiting for the DFM.

Got my HOTAS Warthog dusted off.

16. Thedarkrage

Thedarkrage Thats not a pic of me its my gf

Well we have watch dogs to keep us busy until we can get in on the action and with my Birthday on the 25 should get my X55 just intime

17. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Well I hope you're all BitSec members :)

18. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Haven't sworn any allegiance yet!

Might target BitSec for some quality Piracy action! :D

19. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Well, seeing as you can now join multiple orgs, there's no reason to say no. Also, you should because we're nice!

20. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Also we'll find you and we will have our REVENGE!!!!!1