1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Antec P182 Nano Evolved

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by SiZZiGY, 12 Oct 2013.

1. SiZZiGY

SiZZiGY Nano Evolution in progress...

Thx Crapman :)

Ok after long time being without uptade there is some new pics :) I cuted a while the fans (not final, need to change something) and worked hard for the layers inside of the case. I found something nice but before to continue I need to see where will go all UV lights then lets go for first light tests.

First, I cuted the fans :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And under UV light

[​IMG]

Without UV paint/lights

[​IMG]

And the work begins with UV, sorry for CFL "places" I will hide them with the layers later, I need to have max UV light to paint everywhere the motherboard. The result isn't final, as I said it is my first try, many things will change and of course the work will be a lot cleaner. Actually I need to see the way to go with all lights, I really want something perfect and I will try many things to found a final build better as possible :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I only used Green UV paint, maybe will try others colours later but actyally I like it like this :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I just wanted to say, in real it is a lot nicer :D , there is a mix of 3 colours, blue/Green/and a little purple who change everything :lol:, I promise for the final pics to do the more realistic pics possible! See you later guys!

2. hero1

hero1 Minimodder

Look at that pretty stuff. The UV is just awesome:thumb:

3. Wirecase

Wirecase What's a Dremel?

Really nice just like this, don't add to much colors, keep it nice and simple!

4. ModaRobby

ModaRobby What's a Dremel?

Did you get this idea from Phinix's ITX Nano tower? Doesn't matter but I loved that design and your's is freakin awesome.

Love the build! Got my vote

5. RedWolfwere

RedWolfwere What's a Dremel?

Love this mod!

6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Congratulations on the MOTM nomination. Got my vote!

7. Egami

Egami Why is the dremel on fire?

Just read through the entire log and you have some awesome ideas going on for sure! Subbed. :thumb:

8. SiZZiGY

Hello guys and thank you again :) I just discover the nomination for the MOTM and its just an honour to be selected!! Thank you to everybody to folow and support this casemod :)

OK I'll let it cleaner as possible with lights :) What I have actually in mind it's to play with mat/brillant surfaces at black or white colour with a little touch of green, but I'll probably do some "fake" illusions of shadows to add more depth effect. The white parts will be for real a grey very light when inside the case, outside it will be this white pearl. (If it's bad idea, will change of course I'm open to hear your ideas :p)

I'm working very hard for the lights because I need UV lights alomst everywhere but I don't want too much light from leds to have better UV effect. I have some ideas like paint some hexagons forms to the plexi and the UV light will does an "electric" blue or green effect. Its hard to explain then it will be better to wait a while the pics :D It's a very long work for me to imagine all diffrent forms but I promise to do faster as possible :)

Thank you and yes absolutly I take some ideas from this mod because he is so cool :D This forum is a nice opportunity to pactice my passion with you all, to share ideas and experience, receive help or help other people to imagine their mod. To be honnest most of my inspiration come from thoses mods :

RaT MoD by The_Crapman for the general arrangement

[​IMG]

Phinix Nano Tower by Mike Krysztofiak for the forms

[​IMG]

Raz3r D3sk by l3p for the lights

[​IMG]

And many other things from diffrent worklogs :) This forum and the variety of mods that found there is an incredible wealth :idea:

About my mod I have actually little problem... The bad weather, strong wind + rain all the time make my balcony impossible to use... The window let the water enter and some water enter too through the roof :sigh: Some pictures :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I need to wait better weather to continue but for the next weak it will be the same bad days :(

Before this "event" I receive some stuff and do little things I'll share with you right now, reception of the 2nd GPU waterblock, reservoir TOP for Laing DDC and two Excalibur fans.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I need for the 2 fans at the top that the light goes through the fan chasis to make em shine from the top then I'll pick those from excalibur who are perfect for this build :) I'm trying to found more of them but that's very hard in france, no more marchant got em :grr: Those two already come from a forum.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And as Meelobee said to let more place for the graphic cards, I cuted a while of 3.5" rack to open a while and for support a little UV tube, I had not enough time to continue it because of water inside my balcony, but it will be, I hope, in the next update.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And thanks again to bit-tech for my nomination and all your members support, it's a very nice gift to me to see that people like my casemod :)

Last edited: 5 Feb 2014
  9. SiZZiGY

Hello guys!

Sorry this update has taken so long because it was impossible to do it before :( My leaks on the balcony took time to be resolved, but now all is OK for the next steps :)
    I'm sorry too if the pictures aren't in order, I did some diffrent things at random days, just folow my feelings :lol: I know isn't the best way to work fast and "good" but I take alot of pleasure by proceding like this. In the future I will try to be more organized to present the mod.

So after all this time some idea are changed about the mod, I'll explain with pictures where I am going now trying to give you a better idea.

Ok lets start with new stuff :) All this time provide me a way to buy the things I missed so now I will go dirrectly to the watercooling and skip the air cooling crossfire.

I have now a new motherboard, the G1 Sniper Z87 from Gigabyte :) The color of this card is perfect for my mod and this is a very good motherboard for gaming, one of my favorite activity :D

[​IMG]

Isn't the most nicer motherboard ever but I very like it, black mat and green was the single possibility for this mod and once received, this motherboard is very nice for me :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And new new watercooling stuff :)

[​IMG]

EK black fittings

[​IMG]

- CPU Waterblock : Koolance 380i
    - Pump : Laing DDC-1T 10w
    - Tubing : Tygon R3604
    - Fans : 4x Nanoxia Deep Silence 60mm
    - Cooling Liquid : Cool Labotory UV Green
    - Crossfire Bridge : EK Plexi serial
    - Anti vibration foam pump : Phobya pad

And some small stuff you will see later

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

About the airflow I need to optimize it for the best cooling possible, I have read many things and the idea of two radiator mount at serial wasn't a good idea. So the two radiator will stay in same place but the fans will be outside and push the air inside the tower face of each other. For having the best result possible I'll add a new layer between the two radiator, like this the 2 air flow will not be face to face and from the bottom air will be pushed to the top to help the hot air to be evacuated inside the tower first, then outside with the top fans.

[​IMG]

In white there you see the position of the future layer for separate the airflows from both sides.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the cable management it will be an hard work but I think I can do it, the Seasonic have flat cables and they need less place than others. I didn't think I'll need that much to sleeve, or just small portions, my priority is to make thoses cables light as possible without avoiding warrently of 7 years of the PSU.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I'll need to open this to let the airflow go outside from the radiators, I'm thinking about a "nano cut", that just take a little time to decide wich form to do.

[​IMG]

Then I fixed the two fans to the face pannel, I love them like this :blush:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now for the door at the back of motherboard I have decided to cut it in 2, the reason is the extra place needed for the fans because on my new radiators rig. I'm thinking how to make it nice but you can see where i'll will to go a bit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the back pannel I had a little problem... Fortunately It was not so hard to remove the broken piece of metal from the hole.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I cutted this pannel, isn't the last cut, I'll do some changes I think but don't know what exactly atm, like this something feel wrong :wallbash:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I'll take a bit of time for the back pannel but I wanted to try the "white pearl" and I just can't show the result because of so ugly... Then I did a try with just white mat color, if I don't like it i'll ask a professional to do this job for me but I prefer to do all by myself. For my birthday i'll ask an airbrush, then I'll have a lot more of possibilities :) Maybe change the color at this moment!

For the white I had a little problem too, my paint is too old I think and the result isn't perfect (you can see it at the 1st picture of this update), I'll go change spray paint and retry for a perfect finish result before to apply it to whole PC.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the pannel who hide the 3"5 rack where will be hard drives I have fully designed a new thing, I hope this one will looks like better than the old one who was toooo massive :/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And for finish a little cut of the fan grill at the bottom of the PC (face) thoses cuttings will help for the fan cable management. I have not much space for cables but I'll will use all space I can to make this mod possible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So now with nice days I will have better conditions to work and I hope to be able to finish this mod faster as possible, now I have almost all parts and thoses what I wanted :) See your for the next update and all your comments are welcome :)

Last edited: 6 Jun 2014
  10. Meelobee

Meelobee What's a Dremel?

11. Ocelot

Ocelot Minimodder

Nice metal work. I like the honeycomb theme.

12. SiZZiGY

THx Guys!!!

And here go new pics :p

After many research, I finally found a third CM Excalibur fan to have 3 of them, thoses fans will evacuate the air by the top of the case and the back.
    [​IMG]

Then I started to open the pannel between radiators and rest of PC for the air évacuation.
    [​IMG]

I don't liked the white form then I started a new one in green. I like what it looks like, maybe use this kind of "drawing" somewhere else at the PC.
    [​IMG]

The pencils I used, its Uni POSCA, very great thing and one good point is that you can easyly remove what you need at plastic surface, simply rub the route to erase and voila! (Test it before in a hide place to be sure that you can erase it easyly, with some surface its sometimes harder to remove)
    [​IMG]

Freshly cutted
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a very long time for reflection I finally decided the form of the fan cut to this door, I have draw so many diffrent models but I finally chose one of the most simple. With more complicated forms that just was too "loud", too many things for eyes, like this I really like it :) I have made a little compilation of some diffrents point of view of this almost finished door. Need to do some finish and then the paint :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats all for today, see you later with more pics!

13. LegendaryScott

LegendaryScott Trying to live up to the name

Coming together really nicely now! Looking awesome

14. DeMoB

DeMoB All of my Dremel wheels are broke!

I love how much effort you're putting into this.

I thought I was doing a lot with my P182, but now I'm not so sure! :lol:

15. Meelobee

This will be epic once it's done, hell it's epic already :)

We should start an Antec club :p /me points @ P180 in his sig ;)

16. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Loving the layered structure!

17. SiZZiGY

Hello!

Thanks! I do my best as you :D I very good know your mod because I was looking at it since long time ago :p In my "inspiration" foldier I still have some pics of your work and I folow your worlkog :D I really like the orange color that you can do in association with the black/orange motherboard, looks really amazing :thumb:

I'm very happy to see people who love their Antec as me :) It's a good idea to make an antec club especially for this case, remeber before almost everybody got the PSU at the top of case, this P180 serie change many things for us :)

And thanks again guys to folow this, I hope that you will like the next uptates and the upcoming of the components mount, If everything is alright it will not be so long. After one year of hard work I start to see the end and I am very excited to complete this mod :)

Lets begin with the second side of the PC and the fans, I had to imagine something new because of the changement I did with radiators. I don't very had choice but I'm trying to do my best to not see that is an "error" but isn't easy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

let's see what's under the hood!

[​IMG]

This is a general looks like of this side, actually this miss a grill for the PSU hole, I don't know really how to do it actually but i'm working hard on this. I hope to finish it for the next update.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We will continue with one internal layer to hide the motherboard connectors and the two holes at the back of the case for the watercooling tubings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dimensions are good, just need to cut a bit at the top for the door can be closed.

[​IMG]

This time I faster remove this orange protection because I begin to be allergic on it ^^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those days are clear so I can continue the paint, back to my parents home for paint session

[​IMG]

Ready to be painted, or almost :p

[​IMG]

I receive the help of my GF :)

[​IMG]

And garage of my father, this garage is a real mess organized, I feel good in this kind of place beacause I always know this but I can't imagine this at my balcony :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A small souvenir photo of me :D

[​IMG]

Back to home after the paint, let's see the result! At this moment the paint was very fresh but can to touch it for transport, at some pics it looks like maybe not perfect but with a bit more time the paint looks like better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The light wasn't good for photo shooting, so lets go to the balcony ;)

[​IMG]

Inside the case it starts to looks clear

[​IMG]

Nomore holes for watercooling tubings :) This cover is embedded in the dark, in the futur it will be more customised to see it a bit more with hexa drawings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I forget to finish the top grill... So i'll paint it the last and next paint session soon as possible, it will be white finish.

[​IMG]

Same with this side, I need to finish the top layer, working at it actually and the PSU fan grill/support

[​IMG]

A "mirror" opening doors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The antec logo will soon be painted green

[​IMG]

Two last pics :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks guys/girls to folowing this mod :) With hollidays I'll have my full time for working more and finish this casemod before the end of hollidays, see you very soon for the next!

18. DeMoB

DeMoB All of my Dremel wheels are broke!

Dude, this just gets better with every update!

:rock:

We really should form a P180 club, especially with how many extensive P180 mods there have been recently.

Also, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy knowing my little project has helped you find some inspiration for your P180 too. :blush:

19. SiZZiGY

Thats the power of community :) Share with everybody for free and make freinds!

I remeber I have seen somewhere long time ago a topic of 130 pages of only watercooled antec P180 series cases, maybe at overclock.net but I can't found it again :( There was many owners of thoses cases and some mods was very nice :)

But I think the most nicer antec P180 mods are at Bit-Tech :thumb: If isn't, we will work hard on it :p

20. Meelobee

Quoted for truth!

Very nice paint combo, works very well with the shapes. Curious to see what you will do with the top grill :)