1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

the coil that comes in the nautilus mini is different than the coil replacements for the standard nautilus, aspire improved the design for the mini

i would not recommend standard nautilus coils, they don't last very long

IMO get an innokin MVP over those two batteries. VV and VW, plus amazing battery life

the nautilus mini is great, just make sure the replacement coils are the new version

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Agree 100%. I know several people who have tried Ego+CE4/CE5 in the past and gone back to cigarettes; when I've recommended a decent kit - something based off a Vamo, for example - they haven't looked back or even missed cigarettes one bit.

Myepack do a Vamo V5 kit and you can choose your own clearomiser (I'd recommend anything by Kanger): http://myepack.co.uk/mods/vamo-v5-full-kit-ss.html. More importantly it also comes with good quality efest batteries (18650 & 18350) and a good quality charger.

I wouldn't buy juice from myepack, but they do damn good prices on kits.

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

See my last post ;)

4. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 6 Jan 2018
  5. Ljs

Ljs Modder

I still haven't gotten around to purchasing kit yet (my poor lungs).

What exactly is the difference between the Vamo V5 kit at epack for £54.99 and this Vamo V5 kit for £36.99 apart from around £20 and one slightly larger battery? As far as I can tell better tanks are only a few pounds...

Doesn't really seem like a good price to the untrained eye!

6. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

7. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

8. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

So with that one - you don't need to wind your own coils and you can just replace the coils? is it fairly obvious when you need to change the coil?

Thanks for help :)

9. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

And what you vape.
    I vape all day and get through 5ish mL too yet protank coils are lucky to last 3-4 days, sure I could go through the dry burn and clean rigmaroll but they're never right after so for the few pence it costs to recoil them myself I just strip them out.

10. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

11. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Just bought the Naturevape kit and a roll of Kanthal wire to wind my own coils when the bundles ones eventually die. Now I wait......

12. docodine

if you're willing to build your own coils, i'd recommend skipping on clearos entirely and just stepping up to a kayfun/fogger/taifun type atomizer

kanger and aspire tanks are better from a 'fill up and go' perspective, but you'll get better flavor from a kayfun. only £20 as well

i wrapped a coil once in my kayfun around 6 months ago, i just dry burn the coil to remove gunk and rewick it when i feel like changing to a significantly different juice

13. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

14. docodine

[​IMG]

my second kayfun setup :^)

15. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

I'd warn you boys away from kayfun clones unless you're willing to mod - the ones I have need the juice channels cut out as they're too shallow and one of them had a fill hole with stripped threads from the get go. Ofc I'm sure there are ones that are OK, just YMMV.

I have an expromizer as jrs suggested and it's much better -- no tools needed to fill, nice deep juice channels and a floating 510 post.

16. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I'm a bit late replying to this, but... What jrs77 said: the efest batteries in the myepack kit are far better than the cheap ones with that kit, and those CE4/CE5 clearomisers aren't even worth the cost of the materials used to build them.

Plus that charger looks like a fire waiting to happen.

Replacement coils (well, and juice...). Stock coil heads are a few quid apiece, but make sure you get genuine Kanger coil heads - cheaper clones are usually pretty awful. If you're willing to step up a bit I've heard lots of good things about the NatureVape (site down at the mo) coil heads, and apparently it's pretty easy to change the cotton wicks in them. Not tried them myself yet, but I do plan to get some for my Aerotank Mega. I can rebuild the Kanger single coil heads pretty damn well, but the dual coil heads baffle me - too fiddly.

18. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

I heard that about the CE4/CE5 clearomisers too. I went for the Naturevape kit and will be making my own coils when the supplied ones eventually break.

19. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

*puts hand up

MVP2 with evods although just picked up a PT2 mini to give a whirl as not completely happy with evods. Have some evod batteries for out and about - get a good days charge out of them the amount I vape anyway.

After several months I came across houseofliquid as I like my tobacco liquids, all day on cigarillos naturalles and just now alternating with their new puros dark.

Bit more expensive and can gunkify the the coils like nobody's business but I love thier juices. :) Join their club and you get discounts and free samples when they trial new flavours - very friendly to boot.

Not started recoiling myself but am going to start in the next few months, really should have started sooner considering the way my juice clogs up coils.

I've tried iclear 16/30, CE4/5s - the iclears really eat up juice being double coiled and I'm not a fan of the warmer vape topcoils give. Each to their own though.

I actually started out on a joyetech eroll, the tiny size (0.4ml) and the constant refilling was perfect for me coming off roll ups.

Anyway, over a year without touching a ciggy, something works.

20. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Close to pulling the trigger on a Vamo V5 kit although I'm undecided on which tank to pick.

It will be the only vapouriser I have so will need to be portable (some tanks look huge!) and will be a direct replacement to smoking about 15 roll ups a day. I'm reading/watching loads about mouth and lung hits and how tanks deliver it all differently - I am the sort of person who smokes a cigarette very quickly so am thinking lung hits may be better as I intend not to touch another cigarette again.

I'm also thinking about menthol juice as a friend recommends it as the flavour helps with the kick (plus the fact I don't think I'd fancy all the sweet & sickly flavours). Can anyone recommend one that I can stick to for a few weeks until I get used to it all or do you think it isn't especially important and to just buy/try a few?