1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Ok, so presumably something took place with the pies. Perhaps they climbed back up your digestive system into your mouth in the dead of night, propped open your mouth and beckoned for some unsolicited foods to climb in and add to your calorie intake under your nose (literally & metaphorically).

Or were the pies, whose nutritional information was probably clearly displayed on the side of the packaging, actually completely passive and free of any blame in the whole 'Fatty Fatty Scroome Scroome' debacle?

Don't blame the pies, Scroome! DON'T BLAME THE PIES! :lol:

2. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

On the plus side, a denser atmosphere means everyone gets lighter(relatively).

We need a colony of just enough lettuce eaters... somewhere with fertile soil...

Obesity crisis - solved! :D

3. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Just watched The Imitation Game.

Now I'm just sad.

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Dear Virgin Media's parental controls - Please do the following:

Die in a fire
    Stop asking me if I want them turned on, I don't
    Actually *let* me turn them off, or at least confirm that it's turned off as it should be, without spazzing out and breaking the internet
    Seriously... stop asking
    Never darken my internet again
    FFS! STOP IT! PISS OFF!...
    Die in a fire some more

5. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Never been asked about the parental controls on our Virgin stuff. Either TV or internet stuff.

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Well unless you've explicitly turned it off [even if you have]... sooner or later you'll get bugged about it when you try and load a page...

7. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Nexus 5 has decided to brick itself. Just returning QHSUSB_BULK when plugged into anything. Time to do an RMA.

8. berte

berte What's a Dremel?

Just listening music.

9. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Stepped on the scale, put on a bit of weight. Not too happy about it, but not ground-breaking. I can go back to tuna salad and some exercises.

Interviews / job hunt - had some success with interviews, bring in material to show my work, person seems interested, follow up, receive generic "we selected someone more qualified" e-mail. The struggle is real.

Friends regularly hang out, only call me when we play sports. It's now winter, they keep hanging out, no one calls me. I call / message them, they say nothing is happening, they hang out / go out / do stuff. It's great that people who I used to regularly see, I see very rarely now.

10. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Same problem here, my on-the-go diet has cost me a stone and I can feel it. Gonna have to lean up before Christmas.

The struggle is real indeed. I'm not even getting interviews now, and I'm becoming less and less content where I am with every passing week. Things have changed a lot since the start of this year. :(

I have friend problems too, some of them only get in touch with me when they want something. I don't see the rest enough any more either, we all have busy lives but I hate that as an excuse. Friends should make time for one another.

Other than that, I couldn't get the Foo Fighters tickets I wanted this morning (Wembley, Saturday 20th June) :(

Also, all the cute, fun girls I work with are married or in relationships :grr:

11. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I know that feeling, some people I work with think I am odd because all my friends are people I chat to online. On Teamspeak etc.

Most of my friends only want me when they need me, and or are just busy with their lives.

Ugh so my body/brain decided I was tired at 9pm. So tired I was nodding off at my computer. I go to sleep and then wake up 5 hours later. Seems I have had enough sleep. I know I havent but struggle to go back to sleep.

So now it's 2am I am wide awake and have a busy couple of days ahead. GG Body/Brain.

12. creative

creative 500rwhp

fixing a laptop, installed a new drive, loaded windows on everything set up and made a few "changes"....... and broke windows. lol

*gets out the windows disk again.....*

I hate computers sometimes!

13. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

They'd be no fun if they worked all the time...

14. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Stupid shitty packing tape that goes on like it could hold together two pieces of a submarine together and a day later just magically unravels by itself. £4 a roll? **** off

15. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

Barclays, absolutely useless:

Call department A - wait 10mins on hold 'oh that's not us call department B'

On hold for 15min to department B - 'can see the problem but can't see why, call department C'

Call department C - 'oh we have never dealt with that, Call department A'

16. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

Microsoft Audit :wallbash:

17. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

I just deployed a production image to a lab system in Scotland. -_-.
    Luckily the end user is still there, Just another 30mins to kill while it re-installs again.

18. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

The one time it chooses to rain properly heavily in Gibraltar in the past six months or so happens to be the time when I'm on my push bike with only a t-shirt and jeans.

Not a happy bunny!

19. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Not life ruining, but annoying none the less:

I haven't sold anything on ebay for a while, I decide to sell a few surplus items and so far 2/3 have resulted in issues. One retard bought a watch I was selling ( 99p piece of nice looking junk I was given ), then decided after winning they didn't want it any more because it wasn't boxed, even though I clearly stated it wasn't boxed in the short description. Took 4 days for them to accept the request to cancel the transaction, frigging moron.

Next retard has just bought a rifle stand/rest I was selling ( one I built a few years ago from aluminium extrusions and fittings ), but has just messaged to say he lost his debit card yesterday and has had to order a new one, so can't set that up as the payment method on Paypal until it arrives in 3-5 days & his bank account has a hold on it until he gets the new card; what incredible timing eh?

I swear it never used to be this bad dealing with people on ebay, but as with everything that becomes popular, the retards flock to it in their droves....

20. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Someone in my street has recently installed some outdoor device that emits a semi-irregular, pulsing, high-pitched sound, presumably to try and keep cats/birds out of their garden or some such. But I can hear it, every time I go outside, and even inside with the window open, on the opposite side of my house. It's ****ing irritating the **** out of me already and it's only been around a couple of days.

I get on with my neighbours. I think I've narrowed down where it's coming from so now I have to find a way of tactfully asking them to ditch it before I ram it up their shitbox.