1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

Waffles?

2. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I have recently discovered the joy of HESH rounds on the Centi 7/1 and FV4202 for 1 shotting arty and doing decent damage to the waffe trager type TDs.

It can be the difference between surviving when you meet them or them shotgunning you!

3. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Haven't had much chance to play over the last week or two, hoping to jump on for a bit tonight to shoot some things.

I think that's what some people call the Waffenträger auf E 100.

4. Risky

Risky Modder

Yep, a general term for the 2nd German TD line.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I'll be calling the German aircraft in WoWP 'Luftwaffles' now because of this thread...

6. suenstar

Just to fully cement that into your brain...
    [​IMG]

7. suenstar

Been enjoying the German line lately, I'm on the VK.30.01 (H) at the moment but I'm at a bit of a crossroad as I don't know if I want to stick with the heavies and go for the VK.36.01 (H) to head to the Tiger or detour to the VK.30.02 (M) for the Panther.
    It looks like if I go to the Panther then I get the choice to either switch back to heavies with the Tiger 2, or stay medium with the Panther 2.

Sort of in a similar position with the KV1, I'm debating on going KV1S, T150 or KV2.
    Leaning a little towards the KV2 as I do enjoy playing in the SPG line and diverting through that would skip me to Tier 6/7 on the Soviet line.

Any opinions on which tanks to go for first in those two lines?

8. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I went down the tiger line enjoyed it a fair bit got to the E75 pre buff was horrible now its more useful bar the horrible reload speeds.

I know what you mean the on the VK30.01 its a confused tank you have the speed of a medium and gun of a heavy but the armour of neither despite the same turret. Not to mention horrible gun depression.
    Panthers good fun though with the long 75 you have to play it from the flanks though use the reload speed and accuracy to your advantage and chip away at things as your armour wont let you get too close.

9. suenstar

Yeah, I never know what I want to do when I'm controlling the VK30.01.
    Part of me wants to dig in and thrash it out alongside the other heavies on my team (never a good idea because of how squishy it is) but another part of me prefers to play a bit of cat and mouse with it.

I do enjoy equipping the howitzer on it every now and then for some some laughs, the reaction when you pop up behind a TD with that gun is hilarious.

I would like to try the Panther though, so I might try push for that.
    Plus it does offer the option to continue on the medium route or to switch back into the heavies again.

10. Risky

Risky Modder

My first 1500+ battle (Raw XP) since Dec '13.
    [​IMG]

Not sure if I should be pleased or worried...////

11. Isitari

Isitari Minimodder

Is there a bit-tech clan? Do we have semi organised groups for fun etc? I've done some clan wars / competitions and don't have time for it anymore so wondered if there's a community that's a bit more fun for chilled platooning / team games? Btw my WoT name is the same as here :)

12. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

a few of the guys here are members of the [DUDS] clan, i used to be a member but burned the bridges when i had a mental breakdown so dunno how active it is these days.

Risky is in the WJDE ( we just dinged 'em ) clan as you can see from his replays

13. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

FTR is gone T_T. RIP SilentStalker. Long live the queen!

Is anyone else a little worried about scouts and turretless TDs with this new handbrake thing? I mean everyone used to complain that the Foch 155 could out-turn scouts trying to circle it (before the nerf) and now with this handbrake thing I wonder if that'll be a problem again o_O.

14. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

it could upset balance somewhat...
    but i imagine the response will be something like this

''how terrible''

15. Isitari

Isitari Minimodder

Certainly sad about FTR. I hope it brings a new wave of popularity to scout tanks (I have over 1000 battles in the VK2801 from when it used to be top tier) because they are great fun and bring very dynamic battles. Also I find that scout tanks really show the difference between the good and bad players, no armour, no hp so very little to save your ass if you mess up.

Regarding turret less TD's it could certainly bring about some balance stuff as they are already incredible effective on most maps (3 channels of death). So we'll see, or maybe we'll just have to adapt :).

Looking forward to the changes anyway!

16. legoman

DUDs are still about but we struggle a bit for team games. LG get some wood working/engineering classes going ;)

In terms of the handbrake thing im more interested how it will affect heavy tanks. potentially you could roll something like a Maus. Hills will be fun as will my favorite tank racing format (PZ1cs and sand river).

It should really balance the over powered TD issue and bring a real skill in who can use the new physics to their advantage and who cannot. I'm a big kid in regard to sliding tanks so im looking forward to it.

17. suenstar

I'm the same, lately my Cromwell is pretty much used for nothing more than zipping around like a madman and seeing how close I can get to the edge of a big drop/lake while sliding... which has had a hilarious result one time when I accidentally knocked an enemy light tank into a lake without realising they were there. :D

Koramin, Sand River and Lakeville are my favourite maps for speeding around and attempting little stunts.

18. Vetalar

Vetalar *learning english*

Good anti-LT maneuver to roll up it with e100 or t95. Bought jgtgr88 recently and it really suffer from circling. No side armor at all. But I still enjoy it!!! But new "physix" not in 9.7 or9.8

Send from iPad via Tapatalk

19. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Not long got the Top gun on the Is-8. Mean little **** of a gun with 258 mill of pen and while the accuracy is poor, the aim time is not terrible. Also got the top engine, only adds 50 more horse power but seems to make a worth difference. Just need the upgraded turret now then begins the long slow grind to the is-7.

Anyway, lets talk HEAT Ammo for the 122 mm M62-T2, at a whopping 340 pen! I carry 5 rounds and in the tier 10 games I end up in, I do use some or all of them. Can't really take return hits in the is-8 so up against some of the nastier tanks, you need to be able to damage them for the risk of popping out. I think I quite like the IS-8, in that it reminds me of the Centi 7/1, a good gun on an average chassis.

Some might call the HEAT Ammo OP but given the horrors that now roam the battlefield in WoT, I think I can live with it, Especially given that everyone else is also using premium rounds...

20. legoman

Chaffees been my go to for that though I think the T37 is a bit better in terms of what it can do and then again the LTTB which im no where near unlocking. Basically we want stupid speed and no weight... Batchat?

If I'm in my Sherman E2 and see a sount trying to shave past me like that i usually just pull into their path corner first and watch them go boom :hehe:

Best big heavy anti circle tank I have is the E75 weirdly quick to turn on the spot, could be amsuing with the handbrake to. Trouble with the TDs is the slow traverse means you do need a medium to cover you. Alone youll get mobbed.