1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors 2014 MotoGP/WSBK/BSB Season thread

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 11 Nov 2013.

1. wiby645

wiby645 Minimodder

Ducati really pushed there fuel strategy at Austin, like really pushed it. I hope they realise they have the fastest bike in a straight line and cut the power a few percent.
    Another fact I read today is that A.Espargaro had the third fastest lap of the race on the Suzuki.
    imo Suzuki has the best rider line up of 2015. not everyone will agree with me on that one.
    I missed moto 3 due to work, but a good result for the brits.
    Moto2, i only saw half of the race. but my tip is to watch Rins. He was seriously impressive in moto3 and hes not slowed down in moto2

2. RTT

RTT #parp

Another corker of a race :D

3. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Wow what a bloody race. So much better than that boring F1

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Who'd have thought after three rounds it would be Rossi, Dovi, Iannone at the top of the championship?

And Crutchlow only two points behind Marquez to boot.

5. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Moto 2 and GP where great races, the hard did not pay off in the end for Marquez, the crash looked as though Rossi knew what to do but it did give Cal the chance for the podium at the end.

Bit odd to see the second Honda crash on the final lap, a lot of contact in the first few laps but Lorenzo never really recovered, Smith in 6th had a good race along with Redding in 9th.

6. RTT

RTT #parp

Yeah. I was kind of sad to see MM crash out as it would have been an even more insane final lap, but hey it gave Cal a podium so... :D

7. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Cracking sunday of racing, Kent with a HUGE win in Moto3 some great battles and a well deserved Podium for Sam.

And that MotoGP main even was phenomenal, watching rossi real in and seeing the moment when you could tell marcs tyres were gone and rossi's were still strong we were deprived of a long scrap between the 2 of them but at the end of the day what great racing and cal's last turn overtake on ianonne was a delight to see.

Bring on the European races,

8. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Jerez/Le Mans

Lorenzo out and gone in both races, its really good to see the old Lorenzo, though Rossi doesnt have the pace to catch him once his gone, making the title closer though.

Marquez finishing 4th behind Dovi for two rounds is a interesting change, great to see Pedrosa back though still a few weeks till he's 100%.

Lowes having a bad race in Jerez got a good 4th in Le Mans, though i do wonder if he can beat Zarco for the title.

Danny Kent 1st in Jerez to missing out on qualifying in Le Mans- started at the back to finish 4th was a brilliant ride.

9. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Oh god Kent is looking simply amazing this season, Getting 4th when starting 31st on the Grid was simply outstanding.

Lowes is looking really strong, im not sure he can take the overall title but i hope he can grab a top 3 overall by the end of it, Jerez was unlucky he got a bad tyre which has been happening, but his ride in Le Mans was really solid.

Lorenzo is indeed back to his old self, Im happy its not the marquez show this season, as for rossi he just needs to get a good quali lap down, He starts really well, and i feel with a front row start he should be able to battle with anyone, hes the most experienced guy out there and he knows what he can do. Really hope Vale can get another title this season

10. fix-the-spade

Lowes needs a Kalex bike, it's been pretty obvious last year and again this year that the Speed Up frame is effectively making him race with one hand tied behind his back. But still, only non-Kalex in the top ten is as achievement in of itself.

11. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

I do agree the Kalex Is very strong that chasis is simply superb given how dominant it is, But as you also said Sam is doing very well on that Speed-up bike constantly being in the top 10, last year it was similar but it seems like the bike is better this year. Would be interesting to see him on a Kalex and to see if he can get the same or more out of it.

On a side note:

WSB Rea is simply on fire this year 8 wins and 2 2nd places in the first 10 races. I really hope he gets the title this year, so far he kinda deserves it and that Kawasaki is a monster of a machine.

12. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

A interesting race in Mugello, Honda do seem to be struggling but a good 4th for Pedrosa, Smith with 5th was good result, a shame to see Crutchlow and Marquez

Another Lorenzo win leaves him just six points behind Rossi in the title, with Marquez back in 5th with 69 though the two offs have hurt his title challenge.

A good 4th for Lowes in moto 2, though like Marquez coming off a few times has left him behind in the standings but a good ride from Kent for 2nd to extend his points at the top.

13. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Mugello doesn't disappoint again, The title battle really is heating up as you said 6points back for vale to Lorenzo. Need rossi to get a couple of wins or Jorge to have a couple of bad races.

Brilliant ride from smith glad to see him having a good weekend, was annoying seeing Crutchlow drop it.

Moto3 never fails to be a great race, Kent is massively on form this season I really hope he can keep it up and take home the title when all is said and done. Bit disappointing from lowes to not be on the podium after setting a blistering pole time, But considering that coming together and him having to work his way back to the sharp end it was a good finish and a well crafted race.

14. fix-the-spade

Honda are massively struggling, their average times at Mugello were slower than last year. Yamaha and Ducati both being substantially faster, somewhere along the line Honda have gone full Mclaren and cocked up the development of the bike, it keeps having front end crashes too, which is nice.

15. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

AFAIK Marc has said hes lost the front a few times because he is pushing so hard, So My guess is you are right, Honda dropped the ball somewhere and now Yamaha and Ducati are stronger bikes and as such Honda are struggling and Marc is really having to push right to the limit and its not working cause hes not as strong as he was and hes crashing more.

16. _crazy_crazy_

_crazy_crazy_ mi mum say's that i'm special

well i got to say really did enjoy the moto3 and it wasn't just because a fellow Portuguese won but for what happened in the day before crazyg1zmo Kent did do a blistering lap but didn't Oliveira had the best time but he had cut the track so it didn't count i don't know why but i have that idea .
    still starting in 11th and battled his way into 1st (took Kent almost by surprise in that insane last lap lool

17. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Well another Lorenzo win, Rossi started to close the gap but needs the better starting position, as Lorenzo is going to take the title. Pedrosa for a comfortable third and more laps- hopefully he can challenge Lorezno as Marc keeps on crashing out, though he is pushing too much.
    With the amount of riders off, Smith got a better result but a very good ride by Redding.

Moto 2 Lowes trying to beat Rabat but what a ride by Zarco, i cannot see Lowes winning moto 2 this year.

Moto 3, what a ride by Kent- strategy and timing was spot on, a nice contrast to the other two races.

18. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Slight reminder for all Its Assen this weekend so Saturday race.

Quite happy for the MotoGP race as Rossi managed to put it on pole with a brilliant lap, finaly order for the main Class looks like this:

1. V. Rossi
    2. A. Espargaro
    3. M. Marquez
    4. D. Pedrosa
    5. P. Espargaro
    6. A. Iannone
    7. C. Crutchlow
    8. J. Lorenzo
    9. M. Vinales
    10. A. Dovizioso
    11. D. Petrucci
    12. B Smith.

I am definitely looking forward to the Race as the Yamaha's have been looking strong most of the weekend followed by the Hondas. I feel the Ducati's might struggle here so if Rossi can get away much like Lorenzo has been should be a good race for him to show what he can do with a good quali session,

Kent is starting form 4th on the grid for the Moto3 race so all being well he looks like he is set for a good race with Oliveira starting from the front of the 3rd row. I am looking forward to the moto3 race not as much as the main event, but still its been the most exciting series so far this year overall as there has yet to be a boring lap in this class, even when Kent had that monster win at the beginning of the season, the rest of the race was full of overtakes and battles and it was exactly what racing should be

19. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Brilliant race by Rossi and Marquez in the GP. That last corner in the chicane was nail biting, but I didn't see any foul play by either Rossi or Marquez.

Zarco was amazing in Moto 2!

20. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Good thirds for Kent and Lowes, main GP was not to bad shame to see Pedrosa have bike issues and drop so many places from 4th, top 4 was a non event for most of the race- 5-9th was more interesting.