1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mrMonkeyChunks, 2 Jun 2015.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Fallout has never been about about graphical shiny, the fact this one, whilst an improvement over 3/NV, looks a bit dated doesn't bother me all that much...

It's a more involved process in skyrim than i remember it being, but for most materials you can acquire them yourself or buy them from vendors... wood was delivered for free but other stuff you had to lug yourself...

2. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Love the idea of building a house/base. Think it will be a good addition.

Also really dont think the graphics are an issue. They are looking better than NV and the most important part is making sure the game has as much substance, depth, story and quality as the previous.

3. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

4. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I just watched those videos and I can say it's basically skyrim's creation engine, with a few tweaks. I like the tweaks they've made though. I'm sure i'm going to buy it, just from the name and publisher alone as a dedicated fan. I know others are going to complain the graphics aren't up to scratch and I don't care, screw 'em. It's going to be great and i'm going to mod the hell out of it the day I get it.

5. Almightyrastus

it was the weapon mods bit in the second half for me

6. loftie

loftie Multimodder

The more I watch the vids, the more I don't think I like some of the stuff they've added. Little things like the animated PipBoy+games, the animated XP popups and crit stuff, the spinning guns when modifying them, the jetpack. It feels like it's trying to be very 'in your face' like Borderlands, and while it feels at home in Borderlands it doesn't to me in Fallout.

Also not a fan of the very green UI, seems much more vibrant than F3, though that could just be down to the video. Those are my thoughts, I hope to be proved wrong though.

7. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

This is the first time I've ever been excited by a Fallout game. I've never felt like I've had a home base and this will change that. I'm pretty excited.

8. Darkwisdom

Don't worry bro, most of those things will have mods in like a month, tops.

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

3 was definitely a much more muted colour - But that's true of the entire palette used in that game.

I dunno.

I think this is one of those games that I'll let come out, forget about for six months, and pick up when there are some mods that fix things I already dislike.

10. Almightyrastus

3 was pretty much all green as it had that filter over everything. I tried a couple of mods that removed it and yeah, it looked ok but everything was very dull and washed out.

4 looks to be a little over saturated in parts, that works for the first bit prior to the bombs falling, the whole better life - cheery future thing but after that, it does give things a bit of a Borderlands feel with the neon and stuff.

In other news:

Fallout 4 to be set in 21st century Carlisle

Last edited: 16 Jun 2015
  11. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Pre ordered Pip Boy Edition. I thought fudge it, I wanted it so yeah...

Unlikely to either wear it it will look pretty on my desk.

12. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Pictures of it while wearing a vault suit!

13. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Anyone else bummed about the new mass effect-esque dialogue system where you only get a keyword hint for what you might end up saying? Only four options per choice? I hope they at least manage to cram skill checks in there somehow.

I hope we won't have to pay too much of a price for voice acted player characters, I for one don't think that's worth very much in the first place. I'd rather still have my character be me.

14. Almightyrastus

15. Darkwisdom

I know it's skyrim's same engine and all, the game is probably still DX9 but Jeez that looks fun. I'm going to play the hell out of it. Then mod it and play it again. Then mod it more and play it more.

16. Almightyrastus

Yup, you and me both

17. Darkwisdom

Just can't wait to slap an ENB on it XD

18. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

From the E3 Demo; It was made to sound like the engine is up to DX11, with "Full physical based rendering and Dynamic Volumetric Lighting", (As stated here), and considering the load that kind of lighting puts on a GPU; I think it makes sense to up to DX11, I know Skyrim runs at DX9, but it does require some DX10 parts to even start, which is why it installs both DX9 and 11 on first start.

With regards to the colour pallete; I think they're always going to go for something that isn't "Super gritty and realistic", purely because this is a game in which radiation is a magical force that can be removed by a crazy lady living in a crater with "Brahmin milk, a couple of magnets and a few happy thoughts". I didn't like Fallout 3's Green tint, nor New Vegas' Yellow, but I'm quite liking the look of 4's slight oversaturation, that's what I tended to aim for when I was modding either of the previous games anyhow.

19. Almightyrastus

From the official Fallout facebook page:

"To our fans who’ve asked: Fallout 4 doesn’t end when the main story is over and there is no level cap. You can keep playing and leveling."

20. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Got my pre order in, Pip Boy edition coming my way, almost all of November booked off. Going to see what mischief I can get up to in Boston.