1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Yet another parcel collection fail. According to the website " No one at home, card through the door£ I have not been out and there is no card.

This sort of thing really pisses me off as it reflects on me. If I say I will get something delivered within 24 hours I expect it to happen. And this obvious laziness of the driver to come and get the parcel is crap. No reasonable way to contact P2G or Yodel so having to do it via FB.

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I had one left a bin earlier. The manky garden waste bin, of all things... At least it was empty, and thank god they didn't put it in the main bin - a black bag full of cat litter split a while back and I haven't had the courage to clean it.

3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

OH the joys, young offenders or real adult criminals! Good luck to you :thumb:

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Kettle's broken...

5. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Was watching an item on ebay, using the android app on my phone. Was going to put a last second bid in. Got to the key moment, 15 seconds left.... the auction ends - my app timer was out of sync with the actual time! Item sold for one-third of what I was prepared to pay for it. FML!

6. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

So over the past couple of days I've been feeling terrible, get an emergency appointment with my doctors an hour before work thinking he would run a few test and prescribe me some stuff and i’d be back off to work! Nope straight after he does his test he refers me to the hospital which i have to attend straight away hence missing work.

Long day at the hospital to which different doctors are speaking to me like i’m lying in which one doctor goes to my child “Is daddy faking it” making my blood boil.

I have 3-4 doctors basically asking me the same questions over and over again, talking like there's nothing wrong with me despite having a sky high temperature and shooting pains throughout my stomach.

Doctor “We can’t find anything wrong with you, and don’t see much point in you being here, all test are clear”

“Oh that’s cool so you're saying all this pain during the night in my chest, and running to the toilet every 20 minutes, is normal? Doctor… No but…. Second Doctor, we can’t find anything...

7. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

"then please find me someone who can"

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I have found that the consultants for the most part are arrogant b's who feel than working part time for the NHS is an annoyance taking them away from their more lucrative private work. I had throat cancer 7 years ago now and was left with the inability to swallow, not by the disease or treatment but by mistakes and delays in addressing the problems that arose. And they got away with it and my health board used every dirty trick in the book to exonerate the consultants by attacking me.
    Some 7 years later I still have major issues as cancer treatment can have serious side effects for the rest of your life, but because I am in my 60's (early) I am expected to 'get on withit'.
    The NHS is terminally broken and flinging ever more money at it will not solve the real problems.
    I would advise you to by a digital thermometer, blood pressure monitor and keep meticulous records as they really cannot argue with data. Be persistent, get copies of every Dr's notes in your medical records and oddly use Google, I discovered that I had Fibromyalgia using Google and ask my GP to test for it, and unfortunately it was positive but at least it explained a he'll of a lot of symptoms.
    What you do not do is accept what the Dr's tell you if you are not happy with it.

9. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Anything MS Access would ruin my life.
    But i can in fact relate to your pain. We have guys here (that claim to be able to handle SQL) trying to paste data dumps that exceed the limitations of X86 Office into excel.

here's me bashing my head into things thinking "Use SQL then... it's quicker AND better at this".
    Ultimately, I just shake my head, recommend training to their bosses and think "Not my circus or my monkeys"

10. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I'd dread to think what would happen if we let them loose with SQL, ODBC is enough of a nightmare as it is. Oh an share point!

11. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

http://youtu.be/D1R-jKKp3NA

I've been depressed for a while and have now decided to quit my job. I have no idea what I want to do so this was really potent listening this morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

My job basically, not really getting into the groove of it, lot less technical than i imagined, just meetings, and paperwork essentially meaning possible skill fade which would stuff me up from getting a different job.

So currently weighing pros and cons of staying or moving on

Kimbie

13. asura

asura jack of all trades

[rant]

Very minor one - but a second (this is a replacement for the first) DoA external HDD from amazon. To money back, or to "third time's the charm?"

Frankly the way the DPD guy handed it to me flicked it over the threshold at my feet after I'd signed his pad, it's not the most surprising event ever...

He was also about to "sign for it myself and leave it on your doorstep." First off; I was there within 40 seconds of his ringing the bell, and secondly it's raining. Fairly heavily. If I hadn't have been in, I'd have come back to a soaked parcel. This in it's semi-sealed plastic box would probably have been fine, but I get a lot of middling expensive books such as Constructing Architecture* any of which would have been ruined!

[/rant]

*that's the most expensive at the moment, average is £20-30 but I'll often have two or three at a time...

14. legoman

Minor by current standards, but had pizza last night. Too much Lactose from cheese etc, im not good with cow juice an the toilets here are, well Id rather use the waste paper bin!

15. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

There's nothing I hate more than having to poo in a "foreign" toilet. Especially when it's dirty.

16. legoman

Exactly, early lunch an a swift exit home for me!

17. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

They have SQL on their laptops... they break them, we reimage...

18. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

Walked to work this morning with no coat to get out of work and the mother of all rain storms has hit forgot my wallet so cant call a cab, had my mac on me lucky my bags waterproof but i didnt think to pack a jacket, after a 40min walk home put my hand in my pocket for keys and id left them at work as i was using my USB key to update some files at work n it hand't quite done as i was about to clock off and i totally forgot to grab it, for no one to be home... lucky someone had let dog out so at least i could get into His room out the rain, but couldnt get into house. trying to get warm the heating cannot come on fast enough.

19. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

screaming baby...

20. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Then hug it. Or hug it and take it to the doctor.

I miss mine so much. Treasure even these moments.