1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

The realization that no matter how hard you work or how good a job you do, your employer will never give two s***s about you and that they will totally screw you over, not to make money, but because it's easier than doing their job right.

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

And that your career advancement prospects are almost solely linked to whether or not your boss[es] like you...

As for me, 'rents work machine might be borked... can't afford to fix it... feck...

3. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Yeah, doesn't matter if they like me or not, there are no advancement prospects. There are no other positions in the company, or at least none that I would want. No raises either, except when the minimum wage goes up. And Obamacare? The employer mandate? Yeah, they decided it would be cheaper to pay the fines than offer the insurance they are required to by law.

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Couriers and crappy ebay sellers that don't respond to messages.

5. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Hit the end of my rope with e-careers, fired off a wordy email stating that either I'm given access to the entirety of the course, as described in the advertisement, and the salesman confirmed to me, or I'm given a refund, because I'm sick of phoning up, inquiring about the issue, raising the whole thing again, then never hearing from them after promises they'd call me back later that day.

6. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Screw working for other people

7. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Coming to realise that with mine, the whole who you know not what you know, an if your face fits/the like/fancy you. An they wonder why theres so many sexual harassment issues here.

8. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

I'm currently in process for divorce. Today would have been our 7 year anniversary.

9. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Sorry to hear that dude.

Not fun.

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

£33 to ship a dead psu back to corsair :(

11. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Been slowly brewing but popped up fully last night, had a mini melt down.
    Last week or so have been a chaotic blur really, panic moved a friend back up here an had to lend them some money, house sale went south, mother gave herself food poisoning an slipped a disc on the same day.
    Work kindly decided none of us are getting the promised payrise because another area got it instead, which was a kick in the teeth considering they dumped more projects on us. An lastly an a bit lame probably girl I liked an thought it was going well with friendzoned me hard which was a bit of a gut punch.
    Tipping point was probably the house sale, because we don't have fibre they pulled out, they want it in before they move in which is just petty.

12. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

When your ex pulls into your apartment car park to drop off our mates with her new boyfriend in the passenger seat, puts you in a fantastic mood after working for 13 hours too.

13. Bogdanovki

Bogdanovki What's a Dremel?

Whats ruining your life right now

Right now, on Pandora, Im listening to "In Your Own Sweet Way," from Peter Erskines CD "Sweet Soul." Its not bad. Its not that good either, but its always good the hear someone as good as Erskine play.
    Thats what I like about Pandora, though. You dont know whats coming next.

14. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Just been told that the beach hut that we have a share in has been broken into, along with 20 others overnight.
    B***ards couldn't cut the inner lock holding the doors shut, so they kicked them in and broke them off the hinges.
    Nothing of value in there; a gas stove, camping chairs and a couple of body boards. Hope they didn't get the kids' blow up turtle, or there'll be real tears.
    £30 on padlocks and a hasp so far, not sure how the woodwork is until I look on my way home from work.

15. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

One of my case fans or more accurately, one of my case fan positions, is ruining my life right now.

Recently I've been working to quieten my PC down a bit. This began with me swapping the noisy 80mm 50cfm fan in the PSU for a much quieter slim 120mm fan, and this made a huge difference but then the case fans (supplied with the Carbide Air 240 case) became very audible...

So I mounted them with rubber washers to help dampen any vibration and recently added a 4-fan fan controller which I use to adjust 3 case fans individually. Now the fun and games...

2x Corsair 120mm case fans.
    1x Sharkoon 80mm case fan.

One of the Corsairs and the Sharkoon work as they should, i.e. I turn the dial down, the fan slows down and things get noticeably quieter. But not the second Corsair fan, oh no.

When it gets down to about 85%, out of nowhere it begins making a very annoying high-pitched mechanical whine which only gets deeper in pitch but not volume as you continue lowering the speed, and it doesn't stop. :eyebrow: It's horrendous.

Thinking it must be an iffy fan, I swapped it for another identical fan which I'd removed from the case and was sat redundant, and also tried different ports on the fan controller but the problem is still there.

So, do I go with windblast or dentist drill? :waah:

Edit: figured it out: fanguard. It has to be. Ffs. :wallbash:

Last edited: 15 Sep 2016
  16. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Manflu

'Nuff said

17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Bought a colour laser printer which with cash back was very attractively priced until I discovered that the toner carts replacements would cost £175 so a quick phonecall to cancel.

18. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I bought two full sets of refilled toner cartridges for a Dell colour laser for £100 a few years ago, and they threw in the printer for free. I'm still on my first set...

19. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I would probably go that route myself. I have a mono laser but it is a great big thing so was looking to downsize and add colour but decided on a inkjet printer instead.

20. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

That is a known issue with Corsair fans. From my own experience I found their fans to be complete junk tbh. The SP are definitely more solidly made than the AF but the 9 AF I had ended up being replaced because two became very noisy.

It was one of the issues I pulled them up on when they did that question and answer thing a few months ago. Their new fans look far more solid but man, teh proice !

Nuts.